OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Advice: adsl router supported?

The content of this topic has been archived on 16 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,
I have already read the posts in this forum telling about OpenWrt issues dealing with adsl routers.
I would like to buy an adsl router/access point to use with OpenWrt, but according to the table of hardware and some posts I read on this forum, it sounds like there aren't devices completely supported in which OpenWrt is stable. Are they?
In particular I read about DG834v2, which is a very nice device, but should still have some issues with OpenWrt.
Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you.

I have used OpenWrt (but not heavily) on some AR7s (DG834v2 is an AR7) and I have in general not had a problem, except for wireless.  On older versions of trunk I have got wireless to work, but current versions hang the router as soon as the module is inserted.

I have not had a problem with ADSL on the router, but as I said I have not used it heavily.

If you want to use wireless, though, I would not suggest an AR7, since the acx wireless driver is not stable yet.  (Of course some people seem to get it to work smile

Hi ggp81,
I was also looking for a xDSL/AP hardware compatible with openwrt but I think I will just use my old AP/modem as a modem and buy a new compatible AP and use them together.
I think I'll buy the WL-500g Premium.

cheers

Tex-Twil:
I also think I will do as you, but I would be happy to use only one device with OpenWrt installed.
I think I will wait OpenWrt to be mature to correctly run on those devices.

So everybody's experience about ADSL devices are still appreciated.
Thanks very much

Hi,
I use 7.09 on a wl500gp with this:

Bus 001 Device 008: ID 1110:900f Analog Devices Canada, Ltd (Allied Telesyn) AT-AR215 DSL Modem

kmod-ueagle-atm, kernel 2.6.22.. no wifi, no issues so far.

goo wrote:

Hi,

Bus 001 Device 008: ID 1110:900f Analog Devices Canada, Ltd (Allied Telesyn) AT-AR215 DSL Modem

I ordered the wl500gP yesterday wink

goo wrote:

Hi,

I'm having issues with ueagle, can't get line syncronisation. You got any idea? smile (I also have an AT-AR215, one annex A and one annex B)

The discussion might have continued from here.