OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Building Kamikazi from SVN trunk fails on certain occassions

The content of this topic has been archived on 28 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I tried to build kamikazi on my AMD 64 computer running OpenSuSE v10.3 using this guide. If I tried to build Atheros target from scratch, this is what I got:

make
++ mkdir -p /opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_gcc4.1.2
++ cd /opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_gcc4.1.2
++ mkdir -p bin lib include stamp
Checking 'bison'... ok.
Checking 'ruby'... ok.
Checking 'fastjar'... ok.
Checking 'jikes'... failed.

sablevm-sdk: sablevm-sdk requires jikes.

make[4]: *** [prereq] Error 1
make[3]: *** [package/openwrt-packages/lang/sablevm-sdk/prereq] Error 2
make[2]: *** [/opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/staging_dir/mips/stamp/.package_prereq] Error 2
make[1]: *** [prereq] Error 2
make: *** [world] Error 2

However, if I first build Broadcom target and then clean the build, I have no problem to rebuild the Atheros target. Can anyone please tell me why this happens? I noticed Broadcom target build will use gcc-v3.4.6. Is this the reason why building Atheros target on gcc-v4.2.0 fails as shown above?

(Last edited by mazilo on 8 Jan 2008, 21:24)

Have you blindly installed jikes (http://jikes.sourceforge.net/) like it asked?

Jikes isn't needed if I first compile the SVN with default selected target of a Broadcom chipset. It is the Atheros target that gave me the above errors ONLY if I try to compile it at the first time. After compiling the default target (broadcom chipset), compiling Atheros target was fine without a problem. This is weird.

Installing Jikes on my AMD64 runn OpenSuSE v10.3 resolved the problem now. Thank you exobyte for the pointer.

The discussion might have continued from here.