OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: 7.07 crash when starting PPTP client

The content of this topic has been archived on 20 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

I have a WRT54G v2 running Kamikaze 7.07 and multiple SSIDs. I installed the package kmod-ipt-nathelper-extra to get /lib/modules/2.4.34/ip_nat_pptp.o

When I start a PPTP client on the LAN, the router crashes.

Is this a known problem? Is there a workaround? I'd like to get PPTP passthrough working..

Hello,
I have same problem,
My router is WRT54GL with Kamikaze 7.01. When connecting to remote VPN server(pptpd) in username/password verification WRT restarts.

Is the any solution to fix this?

Well it's not *exactly* the same then, because my router just freezes, it doesn't reboot by itself.

Are you using multiple ESSIDs too btw?

(Last edited by Lorphos on 21 Sep 2007, 22:21)

Yes, it seems to be the same issue. I use the 2.4 kernel and the crash doesn't occur when the gre module isn't loaded. The PPTP connection doesn't work either then. Is there a set of iptables rules that I can use instead of these modules?

The same error persists in 7.09. But only difference is that, connection does fine, data also transmitted, but when disconnecting from VPN server router reboots.

Same problem with 7.09. However PPTP pass through works fine with RC6. Does anybody knows, is it work with White Russian 0.9?

Yep, in White Russian 0.9 it's working fine, only that troble in Kamikaze.

(Last edited by Mixasik on 18 Nov 2007, 09:19)

Thank you.
I've tried with WR0.9 and it doesnt crash, but for some reasone ip_conntrack doesnt handle multiple pass through connections to same server. And if remember correctly it worked in RC6. Does multile vpn connections to same server work for you?

The discussion might have continued from here.