I have make a mistake to install kamikaze 7.09 in my Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 router, it seems lucky, it was not bricked and work correct, but there is a problem, I need to install quagga to the router, but quagga is not in the package list of kamikaze, and I found it in the package list of white Russian, I have tried to install white Russian,  but it fail, I follow the procedure of install kamikaze, I ping the router continuously, in general, when the router boot up, there will be 3 seconds to tranfer openwrt with TFTP, after install kamikaze, the "3 seconds" missing and timeout I ever tried to tranfer openwrt, the procedure I follow as following:

Windows 2000/XP TFTP Client short Instructions

* Open two command windows (Start-Run-Enter "cmd")
    * In one window, type "ping -t -w 10 192.168.1.1" and press enter. 192.168.1.1 is the router IP.
    * Ping will continuously try to contact the wrt with 10 ms timeout instead of default 4000 ms. Keep this running

In the other window, prepare the tftp command "tftp -i 192.168.1.1 PUT OpenWrt-gs-code.bin". Do not press enter yet!
    * Now you may plug in the router (unplug it first if it was plugged).
    * In the ping window it will start saying "Hardware Error"
    * Return to the tftp window. As soon as the ping window starts to answer again, press enter in the tftp window.
    * The image should now be flashed without multiple tries.
    * If ping starts with "Hardware Error", then starts to answer, and then returns to "Hardware Error" again for a short moment, you waited too long.

any idea or suggestion? thank you

(Last edited by denniwong on 10 Nov 2007, 17:30)