OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: is 7.09 SDK broken?

The content of this topic has been archived on 3 Feb 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to compile a test package with the latest kamikaze sdk and it says it can't find the compile target (!!) The funny thing is it compiles very well on the latest whiterussian. I've tried to compile the sdk myself and did it for the trunk and for the latest 7.09 as well. Same result. Even if kamikaze is compiling very well, the SDK is not working. I've also tried to compile a regular package one that is part of the distro. Same result. The machine I'm using to do the building is a Kubuntu feisty.

Any ideas?

[EDIT] I've also defined a 'Build/Compile' target in my makefile. Same result. It can't find the compile target. Btw it's displaying this error only with V=99

(Last edited by cipicip on 9 Nov 2007, 16:49)

The pre-compiled SDK from 7.09 (for brcm-2.4) worked fine for me.  I've heard a lot of problems about trunk recently, though. sad

Thanks guys. Indeed, with the trunk it won't compile no matter what. Same with the latest pre-compiled SDK. However I did manage to compile it using the troubleshooting trick (kamikaze_7.09 tag):

make package/<name>-clean V=99
make package/<name>-prepare V=99
make package/<name>-compile V=99
make package/<name>-install V=99

With the SDK (the one compiled from the svn sources) I got the same problem with the one reported already. Keeps returning the same error:

/bin/sh: Syntax error: "&" unexpected
make: *** [world] Error 2

The funny thing is that if you compile it with V=99, it will compile and build the package, even it it complains about the "unfair world" (again, this refers to the SDK compiled using "kamikaze_7.09" sources).

Anyway, if someone else gets the same error, there is a workaround! Hurray!

The discussion might have continued from here.