OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: What is uo with quagga

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello world!

I just noticed that quagga seems to be extremely picky about other routers. I build a new firmware and added a router with that firmware to my network. For some odd reasons this router is excluded and may not exchange routes with the other routers, whose firmwares are of an older revision.

I have 4 Routers:
1 x86 box, kamikaze r8214
2 mips boxes kamikaze r8214
1 mips box kamikaze r9071

the wlan card of 1 mips box gave up, so i went for the backup device, which still had the asus firmware. i thought while i'm at it i can build a new firmware. so i got revision 9071, built a new firmware and put it on the new box and supplied it with the old config files. everything works fine, except quagga. the process is up and running and sending packets, but that's it. the router is not learning any routes and the other routers don't learn routes from it, even though the packets arrive at the destination machine. i checked, the quagga version is the same.

I had this problem before, i solved it by upgraing all machines to r8214. it was quite a mess and will be a mess again, so i would rather solve this problem instead of building new firmware images, which is a non trivial task for the x86 machine.

Can anybody help me with this?

I had the same problem with 7.09 build for Asus WL-700gE by forum2006.

In my case neither Cisco IOS nor quagga did not see each other. Both send hadshakes, but will not receive any routes.
BGP state - OpenSent or OpenConfirm.

I tried IBGP and EBGP...

Update: Everyting is OK, it was my fault in configs...

(Last edited by ssm2000 on 14 Oct 2007, 14:08)

The discussion might have continued from here.