Topic: Linux UVC driver for Kamikaze or White Russian?

Hello all,

I just purchased a WRTSL54S and a Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 to setup video streaming, etc.

According to this I need to install a Linux UVC driver in order to get this camera to work. But under White Russian RC6 or Kamikaze 7.07 I can't find the necessary driver via ipkg. Upon closer inspection of the aforementioned page it seems this module is available for Kamikaze releases greater than 7.07 (a developer release I'm guessing?):

The modules are available to Kamikaze > 7.07 and can be installed with ipkg

Until this module is made available in a public release does anyone know how I can setup a UVC camera?

A patch for linux-uvc modules is referenced here but I don't know how to go about installing this on my own. Can someone give me pointers on how to do this?

Thanks!
Joe

Re: Linux UVC driver for Kamikaze or White Russian?

Got it working!

Install Kamikaze 7.07 with 2.6 Kernel.

ipkg install kmod-usb-core
ipkg install kmod-usb2
ipkg install http://naaa.de/programme/uvc_streamer/o … mipsel.ipk
ipkg install uvc-streamer

<plug in camera>

cp /etc/init.d/httpd /etc/init.d/uvc
vi /etc/init.d/uvc
<edit start and stop commands, (uvc_stream -b -d /dev/video0 -f 5)
/etc/init.d/uvc enable

<connect to IP:8080>

Very cool! Next is to see if I can get motion to do anything.

has anyone compiled this for 2.4? 2.6 is extremely unstable on the SL54GS for me.

I believe it will only work on the 2.6 Kernel as that's what it was written for, support for the 2.4 Kernel would need to be written by the developers.
I could be wrong though.

I have found it is fairly stable on OpenWRT 7.07, me and a few friends have knocked up a webpage for support with the Logitech Orbit with Pan/Tilt control with the SVN version of Motion on UVC, so far so good (It's not without its bugs though). I am very grateful for the person at naaa.de for compiling the UVC module for OpenWRT big_smile

-Rip