OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Tried to load 7.07 on WRT55AG v1

The content of this topic has been archived on 4 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

The WRT55AG v1 is an old wireless router that I was not currently using.

I downloaded using the device Admin page openwrt-brcm-2.4-squashfs-trx to the unit.  Now the unit is unresponsive to pings (192.168.1.1) and an Etherreal trace show no output on port 1.  I have connected my pc to port 1 (not internet/wan port) and given it a static ip of 192.168.1.10/24.  When power cycled the wrt55ag comes up within a second with the LEDs on port 1 lit green/green/amber (speed) and then nothing.

Suggestions?

Do I need to short pins on the flash?  If so, which pins (i.e. 16 & 17)?  Is there any other simple way of recovery (i.e. using reset on the switch)?

The other question is how to open the unit.  I looked at a description on opening a wrt54g (looks the same), but I can't remove the antennas or pop it apart - no visible screws either.

Managed to open the unit (see http://downloads.openwrt.org/reference/ … 005-03-05).  The flash was on the underside and it was a Version 1 wrt55ag.  Tried shorting out pins 15 & 16, no response to pings, then tried 16 & 17, then 5 &6 all with the same result.  Within a second of plugging in the unit the the port 1 LEDs are lit and I have connectivity to my PC (green power LED and red diag LED also lit).

Help - suggestions.  This was/is a spare router but I want to try OPENWRT.

The discussion might have continued from here.