OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: olsrd on atheros - NLQ always =0

The content of this topic has been archived on 12 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi

First of all thanks to all the people on OpenWRT. You do a great job!
Still, I have a Problem and I hope you can help me with that.

I'm using olsrd 0.5.0.1 on an fonera (atheros chipset) with Kamikaze 7.06 in an adhoc network (german Freifunk).

Funny thing is, that my Link Quality is near 1 (maximum) but all the neighbor Link Qualities (NLQ) are zero (minimum). I'd expect them to be at least comparable, since they both represent the same wireless connection just in opposit direction.

Local IP     remote IP  Hysteresis     LinkQuality    lost    total    NLQ    ETX
x.x.x.41    x.x.x.8    0.00    0.93    7    100    0.00    0.00
x.x.x.41    x.x.x.46    0.00    0.98    2    100    0.00    0.00
x.x.x.41    x.x.x.21    0.00    0.82    18    100    0.00    0.00

It seems like the router isn't sending properly.
All I found so far is a comparable bug on the german dd-wrt forum,  stating that the guys at dd-wrt are working on the issue... it's just that I'm not using dd-wrt...

Any ideas?

Good Point!
Nope. I forgot about that when I flashed the latest Kamikaze.
Unfortunately it didn' change anything
I set

dev.wifi0.diversity=0
dev.wifi0.rxantenna=1
dev.wifi0.txantenna=1

in /etc/sysctl.conf

Could you tell me the option names for /etc/config/wireless?

config wifi-device  wifi0
        option type     atheros
        option diversity   0
        option txantenna 1
        option rxantenna 1

Use a wlreless sniffer as kismet or netstumbler and check the general transmission of the fonera. If transmitting works, use wireshark and look for olsr packets. Make shure, port 698 udp is not blocked somewhere.

/ropf

(Last edited by ropf on 16 Jun 2007, 01:29)

Thanks a lot for the Info. It didn't help with my Promlem, though.

The thing that actually fixed my Problem was changing the txpower from "auto" to a fixed value.
Might be an adhoc (mesh network) issue?! ...I never tried ap or client mode, though...

anyways, thanks for your feedback!

The discussion might have continued from here.