I am new to OpenWrt and I have a Buffalo router which is now loaded with the 7.06 release of Kamikaze.  I have the router configured and working as a wireless repeater to bridge to my DLink router connected to my ISP.

I can connect and pass traffic but I am having problems implementing some security.

Ideally, I would like to configure the access with a shared authentication WEP key and MAC address filtering.  I know it is not high level security, but should provide all that I need.

I have tried to research this through the documentation but cannot find the answers.  However, I did try to use the following config parameters in /etc/config/wireless.

# for Shared Authentication
       option encryption wep
       option key           61616161616161616161616161
# for Shared Authentication
       option auth           1

# for mac filtering

option macfilter      1 (also tried 2, allow, allowed and macmode)
      option maclist         "00:00:00:00:00:00 11:11:11:11:11:11"

I have also tried editing /lib/wifi/broadcom.sh  with the same mac lines, replacing the
macfilter 0
maclist none

lines.

I only have the base package of Kamikaze installed.

Do I need to install other packages to enable shared authentication for WEP, or is it even supported (yet) ?

What do I need to do to install MAC filtering to allow only the MAC's that I list.

Also, is it possible to set the AP to use a short preamble?  The reason for this third question is that I also connect to my wireless network from Pocket PC type PDA's and although the PDA sees the AP, it can't connect.  In sniffing the wireless networks that I can connect to, they all use a short preamble.  The Kamikaze AP however shows that it has a long preamble.

Thanks in advance for the help.