OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Getting the wireless led on the fonera to work?

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Has anyone looked at cleaning up the platform and fixing any remaining bugs for the fonera? I'd like to get a wireless link led working. Cheers!

Great idea !

Is this a problem of the madwifi driver, or something else (gpio driver?). The WiFi LED works fine with the original Fonera firmware, which uses a slightly older madwifi driver.

I think they got it working in dd-wrt so I hope our devs make it work in Kamikaze too! smile

it would take adding a small patch to the default madwifi code currently used, to flash the led when things happen. personally i'd rather the led be used for somethign more useful, like an SD card or your automatic dogfood dispenser smile

Kevin wrote:

it would take adding a small patch to the default madwifi code currently used, to flash the led when things happen. personally i'd rather the led be used for somethign more useful, like an SD card or your automatic dogfood dispenser smile

Well, gpio's 1/3/4/7 could be used for that but I'd agree it could be configurable.

Kevin wrote:

it would take adding a small patch to the default madwifi code currently used, to flash the led when things happen.

Do you have a pointer to that patch?

The discussion might have continued from here.