OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-LINK Archer C20 v1 BR

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi there, I tried to follow this guide here  wiki.openwrt.o rg/toh/tp-link/tp-link_archer_c20_1  and was able to flash my router, I could get an IP from DHCP and could connect to it via ssh but there was no web control page, it displayed just a blank 'index of' page as if it was serving an empty folder.

So I tried flashing again and nothing changed. Then I thought I could just flash the original back and download it from here Archer_C20(BR)_V1_160815_1477622903943f_1478197164394h.zip from tplink.

After flashing it the router just turned off, when I turn it on then one single blue led lights up and then off again and so all leds remains turned off. I'm assuming I just bricked the darn thing.

I read that I need to desolder something and connect as serial, can someone help me with the instructions so I can try to recover it?

Thank you very much!

Amigo,
Crio que você usou um vs sem a lici, e vai ter que instalar via SSH

Amigo,
Crio que você usou um vs sem a lici, e vai ter que instalar via SSH

O que é sem lici? Eu peguei o que deveria ser o firmware original. Ele liga e já desliga as luzes e fica todo preto, sem dar sinal de vida, como eu faria para conectar por ssh, ele tem um ip padrão? Pq agora por dhcp ele não pega mais IP.

EDIT: What does is it mean without 'lici'? I got what should be the original firmware. It turns on and then turns off and stays with all leds black, no sign of 'life'. How would I connect to it via ssh, it does have a default ip? Because the dhcp isn't working anymore.

(Last edited by tiagocc0 on 25 Feb 2018, 10:25)

Please stick to english, so others can understand what's going on without having to use a translator.

tmo26 wrote:

Please stick to english, so others can understand what's going on without having to use a translator.

Sorry, I translated my post above.

I think I got what I need to do, here a video which shows how to use a usb to serial converter to have access to it via ssh.

Those videos are on youtube.
part 1: watch?v=t35Pei_eb6o
part 2: watch?v=wCwBvoueBG4

It looks like a cheap piece of hardware so I going to buy one. Looks like it would be useful for a ton of other things as well.

The only question that remains is that I have a different router model, but I'm guessing it would be similar to the video.

The discussion might have continued from here.