OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Hello david,
Successfully managed to upgrade the Router with your snapshot - I did notice they had been updated recently so I do have the last version. However, I am stuck trying to upgrade using the .bin file via Putty. I can login via putty and get to the tmp folder yet clueless on how I get the file itself from my PC to the router?
Can you please give me some guidance as I am new to all this?
Regards,

Update:
Managed, by chance, to ascertain how to download (wget command) and got the .bin file to the /tmp folder. Then I used your example "sysupgrade /tmp/imageName.bin" and noticed the following within putty shell: Saving config file... then killall: watchdog: no processes killed. commencing upgrade. All sheel sessions will now be closed. At this point I was kicked out. I left the router for a few minutes and logged back in. 

How can I tell if the upgrade was successful as I cannot see anything within the system log file?
Firmware version is: Lede SNAPSHOT r5917-36f1978a70 / LuCI Master (git-18.020.50283-194e429)
Kernel version is: 4.9.77
I did not make any notes to the above two rows to have a before and after comparison, so I am in the dark at the moment.
Regards,

(Last edited by Morrile on 11 Feb 2018, 13:08)

@Morrile

Use WinSCP to connect to the router and do not forget to set the file protocol to SCP.
After that you can Drag n Drop files to upload them to the router.

Pasxalisk wrote:

Use WinSCP to connect to the router and do not forget to set the file protocol to SCP.
After that you can Drag n Drop files to upload them to the router.

Sound advice, many thanks. I have managed to copy the upgrade over using the above app :-) and now going to use putty to upgrade again, as the logs don't note any updates. Also, I noticed a few anomalies with wi-fi not working, and so, trying again in the hope it works this time.

davidc502 wrote:
directnupe wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Currently, almost all packages are ticked to be compiled unless they caused other issues in the past.  Also, there are some packages set to compile that fail each time, yet others have no issues compiling, and that's an issue on my side I've yet to solve. I've never heard of "stubby", so I'll see if I can find those packages tonight.

thanks for the interest.

Dear Dave,
Hello and I must commend you for always being so courteous and open too all the members suggestions, requests and interests.
As to DNS over TLS on Lede / OpenWrt - I was able to find some information and am still in the dark about other aspects of implementing it - particularly regarding Stubby and GetDns. I will comment on my experience with Stubby and GetDns later on in this post.
First. I did find two articles on getting DNS TLS working using Unbound.  Look at "What is DNS Privacy and how to set it up for OpenWRT" -  https - blog.grobox.de/2018/what-is-dns-privacy-and-how-to-set-it-up-for-openwrt/ - the article is self explanatory. There is also a series of posts on the Lede Forum - https - forum.lede-project.org/t/quad9-dns-encryption/9420/9. Again - both of these use unbound - you can see the information from - https - calomel.org/unbound_dns.html  - Unbound DNS Tutorial scroll down to " DNS Over TLS, simple recursive caching DNS, TCP port 853 ENCRYPTED "

As for GetDns and Stubby - I found GetDns in feed - it is -  src/gz reboot_package - https - downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/packages/  - you must add this to your custom feeds. Then both stubby and getdns can be installed. The yaml config file comes from your repo Dave - but Stubby comes from OpenWrt . I do not know if this causes a problem.
The author of "What is DNS Privacy and how to set it up for OpenWRT" which I alluded to earlier states " If you just have one local desktop or laptop computer, you can use Stubby a local DNS Privacy stub resolver. The solution I recommend is to set up DNS Privacy directly on your router, so all devices entering the internet via this router (and using it for DNS queries) will benefit from it." Now I am not sure exactly what this means.
Maybe - he was unaware that Stubby is now available on Lede / OpenWrt as it has only been available recently.
By the way - all of this is brought to us by " The DNS Privacy Project "  - https -  dnsprivacy.org/wiki/display/DP/DNS+Privacy+Project+Homepage. So, there you have it. Any and all feedback information and elucidation will be greatly appreciated by all - especially regarding Stubby and GetDns on Lede / OpenWrt..
Dave you are simply the best and -

God Bless You and Yours In Peace,

Directnupe

They both appear available on the latest sources, so I'll tick those boxes "M" to be compiled on the next build. Providing they build correctly, they will be a part of the repository.

*EDIT*

Two options with getdns. Currently 1 is checked.

1 GETDNS_ENABLE_STUB_ONLY
2 GETDNS_ENABLE_ION

Dear Dave,
You must forgive me - for I am nothing if not consistent and persistent. I sent a message to " cliobrando " over in the Lede / OpenWrt Forum. As you know he compiles and/ or develops a " [GCC 7.2 BUILD] Optimized TP-Link Archer C7 V2 AC1750 LEDE " build.
This is the post / message I sent him below:

Dear cliobrando -
Hello and I hope that you are well. I am trying to get Stubby and GetDns running on Lede / OpenWrt. I use Davidc502 LEDE Snapshots - which is a Community Build for Linksys WRT series routers - specifically for 3200ACM 1200AC 1900AC 1900ACS.
**So I am asking that you do two favors by way of continuing your mission of advancing Lede / OpenWrt development. **
First - if it would not be too much of an imposition, I would ask you to contact Davidc502 and share with him how to compile and implement Stubby and GetDns in his builds. I am assuming you understand this process very well as you stated " Removed DNSCrypt and replaced it with Unbound + odhcp to use DNS over TLS but unbound isn’t optimized so I just disabled the SSL Forward and use unbound as a caching dns forwarder, now that Stubby + getdns is in the LEDE trunk I will replace unbound with Stubby (which works perfect with DNS over TLS). ". Many folks use Dave’s builds and you would be doing us all a great service. You can contact Dave as he states on his homepage " Questions? Inquiries? Contact me ( Dave ) over here https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=64949i.
**Second - if again not too much too ask - if you would be kind enough to convey to me exactly how to setup and configure Stubby and GetDns I would truly be grateful. I am a retired English Teacher and have a How To posted in the user guide for Lede Torguard Vpn. I would like to do the same for Stubby and Getdns. You know write a step by step instruction guide so the average Jane / Joe will be able to easily understand DNS over TLS using Stubby and GetDns which worked perfectly together in your estimation. **
Thanks for all you do in leading the way in Lede / Openwrt development. Hope to hear from you soon as I am anxious to be as secure as possible on the world wide web.

Peace and God Bless,

DirectNupe

So - Dave I hope you do not mind my reaching out to him on our behalf here at Davidc502 LEDE Snapshots. Hopefully, this will move forward ( DNS over TLS )  as this is a giant step forward in web security. By the way if you care to reach out to " cliobrando " directly - you can do so at -  https://forum.lede-project.org/u/cliobrando.
Dave I hope that this helps us all working together can get it done.

Yours In Peace and Grace,

Directnupe

Morrile wrote:

Hello david,
Successfully managed to upgrade the Router with your snapshot - I did notice they had been updated recently so I do have the last version. However, I am stuck trying to upgrade using the .bin file via Putty. I can login via putty and get to the tmp folder yet clueless on how I get the file itself from my PC to the router?
Can you please give me some guidance as I am new to all this?
Regards,

Update:
Managed, by chance, to ascertain how to download (wget command) and got the .bin file to the /tmp folder. Then I used your example "sysupgrade /tmp/imageName.bin" and noticed the following within putty shell: Saving config file... then killall: watchdog: no processes killed. commencing upgrade. All sheel sessions will now be closed. At this point I was kicked out. I left the router for a few minutes and logged back in. 

How can I tell if the upgrade was successful as I cannot see anything within the system log file?
Firmware version is: Lede SNAPSHOT r5917-36f1978a70 / LuCI Master (git-18.020.50283-194e429)
Kernel version is: 4.9.77
I did not make any notes to the above two rows to have a before and after comparison, so I am in the dark at the moment.
Regards,

Hi there mate that SNAPSHOT r5917 is the latest build.

tapper wrote:

Hi there mate that SNAPSHOT r5917 is the latest build.

Result :-) many thanks for the conformation.

please could someone enlighten me and in particular, provide a view as to why I might want to install a "dave build" on my WRT3200ACM - what are the key beneifts over the latest beta LEDE (https://downloads.lede-project.org/rele … u/generic/)

Thank you

(Last edited by ninjaef on 12 Feb 2018, 09:47)

ninjaef wrote:

please could someone enlighten me and in particular, provide a view as to why I might want to install a "dave build" on my WRT3200ACM - what are the key beneifts over the latest beta LEDE (https://downloads.lede-project.org/rele … u/generic/)

Thank you

Dear ninjaef,
Hello - and I hope I can help you a bit. Dave's builds are updated much more regularly than Lede Stable. By updated that means - linux kernels and software. Also, Dave's builds also contain updated - most recent - software packages. Also, Dave will include newly developed software packages requested by members of his forum. For instance, I just recently asked Dave to include GetDns and Stubby ( for DNS over TLS ) in his repository.
By repository - those are where the software packages are stored. Now, if you run Lede Snapshots - there are no consistent repositories maintained as the Snapshots are developed with no over-riding order or rhyme or reason.
For instance, if you run Dave Lede release ( r5501/ 2017-12-12 ) you can stay on that release for as long as you wish without having to worry about conflicts when installing software or updating - opkg update. With Lede Snapshots you run the risk of packages breaking due to updates in kernels - dependencies and so on.
Also with the WRT3200ACM - you get latest WIFI drivers and that is very important. Lastly, you get feedback and support from Dave himself and other members of The Community - as you are getting from me now.
All in all, Dave does  a great job and I really would urge you to give the builds a try. Also, you get instructions on everything from how to flash firmware - install new packages - VPN's and so on
This may not be an exhaustive explanation; however, I hope that it gives you somewhat of a jumping off point.
By the way, see -  https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/   - in order to see all of Dave's releases and go through packages and see what is in all his repo's.

Peace and God Bless,

Directnupe

(Last edited by directnupe on 12 Feb 2018, 15:09)

PERFECT! That is a wonderful succint and insightful response which now leads me to conclude that Dave build is for, not least to get the latest wifi drivers for my router.

So is the correct place for dialogue on his builds, this forum or Dave's forum which you refer to?

directnupe wrote:
ninjaef wrote:

Thank you

Dear ninjaef,
Hello - and I hope I can help you a bit. Dave's builds are updated much more regularly than Lede Stable. By updated that means - linux kernels and software. Also, Dave's builds also contain updated - most recent - software packages. Also, Dave will include newly developed software packages requested by members of his forum. For instance, I just recently asked Dave to include GetDns and Stubby ( for DNS over TLS ) in his repository.
By repository - those are where the software packages are stored. Now, if you run Lede Snapshots - there are no consistent repositories maintained as the Snapshots are developed with no over-riding order or rhyme or reason.
For instance, if you run Dave Lede release ( r5501/ 2017-12-12 ) you can stay on that release for as long as you wish without having to worry about conflicts when installing software or updating - opkg update. With Lede Snapshots you run the risk of packages breaking due to updates in kernels - dependencies and so on.
Also with the WRT3200ACM - you get latest WIFI drivers and that is very important. Lastly, you get feedback and support from Dave himself and other members of The Community - as you are getting from me now.
All in all, Dave does  a great job and I really would urge you to give the builds a try. Also, you get instructions on everything from how to flash firmware - install new packages - VPN's and so on
This may not be an exhaustive explanation; however, I hope that it gives you somewhat of a jumping off point.
By the way, see -  https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/   - in order to see all of Dave's releases and go through packages and see what is in all his repo's.

Peace and God Bless,

Directnupe

(Last edited by ninjaef on 12 Feb 2018, 15:12)

ninjaef wrote:

PERFECT! That is a wonderful succint and insightful response which now leads me to conclude that Dave build is for, not least to get the latest wifi drivers for my router.

So is the correct place for dialogue on his builds, this forum or Dave's forum which you refer to?

directnupe wrote:
ninjaef wrote:

Thank you

Dear ninjaef,
By the way, Lede SnapShots do not even come with Luci ( web interface ). Dave Builds come with many pre-installed software packages saving you time , pain and effort. So - this is the way to go. Like with wifi drivers - you do not get support from Lede per se - at least not like in this Community. The stable Lede will leave you stuck with old WiFi drivers. I hope you understand are convinced as it is a no brainer to me and many others. Go with   Davidc502 LEDE Snapshots.

Peace and God Bless,

Directnupe

Dear ninjaef,
Hello and yes this is where you get to get feedback and the latest information on Daves's Builds. The homepage is -
https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/ - and if you read through that website ( which I highly suggest - including FAQ's ) you will see where Dave states "  Questions? Inquiries? Contact me over here https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=64949i - which will redirect you to - RIGHT HERE !
Maybe you should go back through this forum in order to see some of the type and nature of conversations which take place here. But yes - you are in the right place. By the way, Dave said that he was to put out a new build this past weekend. Dave compiles new builds from the Lede /OpenWrt  trunk  - so he always tries to be up to date. I and others are awaiting his new build - I hope that he has included GETDNS and Stubby ( DNS over TLS ).
As an example - I will post how to get that up and running here as soon as he releases those in his repo. As those - GETDNS and Stubby are not in the Lede Snapshot repo for our devices. But as I suggested - go back and read prior posts and responses in order to get a feel for this Community.

Peace,

Directnupe

(Last edited by directnupe on 12 Feb 2018, 16:00)

Ok,Thank you. Yes i shall read through this thread now I know where I need to be. I will also take a look over on Dave's thread. Many thanks again

directnupe wrote:

Dear ninjaef,
Hello and yes this is where you get to get feedback and the latest information on Daves's Builds. The homepage is -
https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/ - and if you read through that website ( which I highly suggest - including FAQ's ) you will see where Dave states "  Questions? Inquiries? Contact me over here https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=64949i - which will redirect you to - RIGHT HERE !
Maybe you should go back through this forum in order to see some of the type and nature of conversations which take place here. But yes - you are in the right place. By the way, Dave said that he was to put out a new build this past weekend. Dave compiles new builds from the Lede /OpenWrt  trunk  - so he always tries to be up to date. I and others are awaiting his new build - I hope that he has included GETDNS and Stubby ( DNS over TLS ).
As an example - I will post how to get that up and running here as soon as he releases those in his repo. As those - GETDNS and Stubby are not in the Lede Snapshot repo for our devices. But as I suggested - go back and read prior posts and responses in order to get a feel for this Community.

Peace,

Directnupe

(Last edited by ninjaef on 12 Feb 2018, 16:12)

ninjaef wrote:

directnupe wrote:
ninjaef wrote:

Thank you

Dear ninjaef,

Peace and God Bless,

Directnupe

Dear ninjaef,
By the way, Lede SnapShots do not even come with Luci ( web interface ). Dave Builds come with many pre-installed software packages saving you time , pain and effort. So - this is the way to go. Like with wifi drivers - you do not get support from Lede per se - at least not like in this Community. The stable Lede will leave you stuck with old WiFi drivers. I hope you understand are convinced as it is a no brainer to me and many others. Go with   Davidc502 LEDE Snapshots.

Peace,

Directnupe

ninjaef wrote:

Ok,Thank you. Yes i shall read through this thread now I know where I need to be. I will also take a look over on Dave's thread. Many thanks again

EDIT: Been over to Dave's site. Will download 3200ACM latest fw and test new WiFi driver, feeding back results over here.

directnupe wrote:

Dear ninjaef,

Peace,

Directnupe

Peace,

Directnupe

@Directnupe
I have been over to Dave's site. Will download 3200ACM latest fw and test new WiFi driver, feeding back results over here. There certainly a lot of effrot going into the fw and a good rich set of feedback on this thread. I shall do this tonight. Thank you for your kind help.

(Last edited by ninjaef on 12 Feb 2018, 16:13)

David,

Have you had any success being able to build LEDE/Openwrt over the last two weeks, I have been trying many different ways to get it to build even with using the make command to ignore packages that fail to build, my source code hasn't successfully built since r5988.

Anyone else having a problem with mvebu, for WRT3200ACM/Rango?

FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN GETDNS AND STUBBY FOR ( ENCRYPTED ) DNS OVER TLS

iamperson347 aka cliobrando is the maintainer developer for these packages - He was kind enough to get back to me over on The Lede Forum  thusly :

https://forum.lede-project.org/t/help-n … ls/11463/2

Hello @directnupe

I helped put the getdns and stubby packages together, so hopefully I can help get them running on your device. (Note: There will be a few changes coming to the package defaults during the next release of getdns/stubby, as well as further explanation on the config choices that were included in the stubby.)

First, to answer your questions:

1 - No, there is no luci app yet
2 - There is currently no guide/etc. written up to get this working with lede/openwrt.

Assumptions:

1 - You have unbound or dnsmasq configured for your device, and it is the primary dns serving your network. (Or… at the very least, the unbound/dnsmasq config will not conflict with the default port currently set in the lede/openwrt stubby package, which is 5453.)
a) I recommend running unbound to utilize the caching. Sometimes the connections from stubby to the resolver can have a little but of lag, so caching + prefetch helps minimize the effects.

2 - You have a ca cert bundle installed on your router.
a) You can do this by running the following: opkg install ca-certificates

To get the packages to show up, you must subscribe to the correct feed. You can add the following to the “/etc/opkg/customfeeds.conf” file:

src/gz openwrt_packages http://downloads.lede-project.org/snaps … c/packages

Note: “mips_24kc” needs to be replaced with the proper instruction set for your device. You can find this info via the hardware table and then viewing “tech data” https://lede-project.org/toh/start

Edit: for WRT 1200AC  1900AC Version 1  1900AC Version 2   1900ACS Version1 or 2  3200ACM   - this is correct feed in order to save you time and for the sake of accuracy -

src/gz openwrt_packages https://downloads.lede-project.org/snap … /packages/

Make sure the “openwrt_packages” does not conflict with any other feed you have.

Note 2: The snapshot feed (master) is the only branch where the packages currently exist. You will have to wait for the next lede/openwrt branch if you want to stick to release branches.

Note 3: When adding the snapshot branch, be careful with “upgrading” packages.

After you add the correct feed, run:

opkg update

After that, you should be able to install the packages:

opkg install getdns stubby

You can change the default resolvers packaged with the current package by editing /etc/stubby/stubby.yml

Note: There has been some discussions about the current defaults. I believe on the next release, I’m going to change the lede/openwrt stubby defaults to use quad9 non-filtering service: 9.9.9.10 and appropriate ipv6 equivalent.

The last step is to point you local resolver (unbound/dnsmasq) to stubby for name resolution.

For unbound, simply edit “/etc/unbound/unbound_ext.conf” and add the following:

forward-addr: 127.0.0.1@5453

OR

forward-addr: ::1@5453
(The lede/openwrt package of stubby currently defaults to listening on the loopback adapters only.)

Be sure to restart/reload your resolver afterwards.

To ensure stubby starts correctly after config file changes, please check the syslog after a restart of the service. You should see something similar to below (no errors reported):

stubby[24047]: [21:28:10.228569] STUBBY: Read config from file /etc/stubby/stubby.yml
stubby[24047]: [21:28:10.254679] STUBBY: Starting DAEMON…

Hopefully this helps.

For those interested you can get Stubby from this custom feed for our devices  -

src/gz openwrt_packages http://downloads.lede-project.org/snaps … /packages/

Lastly - Dave said that he will be adding GetDns and Stubby to his repo if they build properly in his next upcoming release

(Last edited by directnupe on 13 Feb 2018, 04:47)

directnupe wrote:

FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN GETDNS AND STUBBY FOR ( ENCRYPTED ) DNS OVER TLS

iamperson347 aka cliobrando is the maintainer developer for these packages - He was kind enough to get back to me over on The Lede Forum  thusly :

https://forum.lede-project.org/t/help-n … ls/11463/2

Hello @directnupe

I helped put the getdns and stubby packages together, so hopefully I can help get them running on your device. (Note: There will be a few changes coming to the package defaults during the next release of getdns/stubby, as well as further explanation on the config choices that were included in the stubby.)

First, to answer your questions:

1 - No, there is no luci app yet
2 - There is currently no guide/etc. written up to get this working with lede/openwrt.

Assumptions:

1 - You have unbound or dnsmasq configured for your device, and it is the primary dns serving your network. (Or… at the very least, the unbound/dnsmasq config will not conflict with the default port currently set in the lede/openwrt stubby package, which is 5453.)
a) I recommend running unbound to utilize the caching. Sometimes the connections from stubby to the resolver can have a little but of lag, so caching + prefetch helps minimize the effects.

2 - You have a ca cert bundle installed on your router.
a) You can do this by running the following: opkg install ca-certificates

To get the packages to show up, you must subscribe to the correct feed. You can add the following to the “/etc/opkg/customfeeds.conf” file:

src/gz openwrt_packages http://downloads.lede-project.org/snaps … c/packages

Note: “mips_24kc” needs to be replaced with the proper instruction set for your device. You can find this info via the hardware table and then viewing “tech data” https://lede-project.org/toh/start

Make sure the “openwrt_packages” does not conflict with any other feed you have.

Note 2: The snapshot feed (master) is the only branch where the packages currently exist. You will have to wait for the next lede/openwrt branch if you want to stick to release branches.

Note 3: When adding the snapshot branch, be careful with “upgrading” packages.

After you add the correct feed, run:

opkg update

After that, you should be able to install the packages:

opkg install getdns stubby

You can change the default resolvers packaged with the current package by editing /etc/stubby/stubby.yml

Note: There has been some discussions about the current defaults. I believe on the next release, I’m going to change the lede/openwrt stubby defaults to use quad9 non-filtering service: 9.9.9.10 and appropriate ipv6 equivalent.

The last step is to point you local resolver (unbound/dnsmasq) to stubby for name resolution.

For unbound, simply edit “/etc/unbound/unbound_ext.conf” and add the following:

forward-addr: 127.0.0.1@5453

OR

forward-addr: ::1@5453
(The lede/openwrt package of stubby currently defaults to listening on the loopback adapters only.)

Be sure to restart/reload your resolver afterwards.

To ensure stubby starts correctly after config file changes, please check the syslog after a restart of the service. You should see something similar to below (no errors reported):

stubby[24047]: [21:28:10.228569] STUBBY: Read config from file /etc/stubby/stubby.yml
stubby[24047]: [21:28:10.254679] STUBBY: Starting DAEMON…

Hopefully this helps.

For those interested you can get Stubby from this custom feed for our devices  -

src/gz openwrt_packages https://downloads.lede-project.org/snap … /packages/

Lastly - Dave said that he will be adding GetDns and Stubby to his repo if they build properly in his next upcoming release

I'm currently doing a test build. Will let you know if they compile properly.

rs.se wrote:

David,

Have you had any success being able to build LEDE/Openwrt over the last two weeks, I have been trying many different ways to get it to build even with using the make command to ignore packages that fail to build, my source code hasn't successfully built since r5988.

Anyone else having a problem with mvebu, for WRT3200ACM/Rango?

I just started a test build earlier and it failed... something to do with postgresql. I removed the "new" package, and so far so good, but it is too soon to tell if it's going to make it.

Ok, so I installed latest fw for 3200ACM . Did a factory reset. Rebooted into web GUI.
Radio problems galore.

1. All clients took about 25 seconds to connect. I noted that the client would cycle between "Authenticating, Obtaining IP address, Saving" a couple to times then eventually connect.

2. Signal quality and strength seemed as per other fw types.

3. ath2 (Radio 3) did not show up for configuraiton. This is the "third" radio reserverd for radar detection I belive, however, it works perfectly under DD-WRT as a 2.4/5GHz ac radio and clients can connect and operate normally. Can we get this third radio working under "davidc502" fw ?

4. WAN connection (PPPoE) would intermittently drop. Dont see this with any other fw.

Other than this, i didnt stress the fw too much. I did try various (seemingly all) of the combinations of basic wireless settings and security settings to try to fix the 20/30 second connect time, but no success.

Sadly, I reflashed with DD-WRT because not having the 3rd radio in davidc fw is a deal breaker for me. Sorry!

EDIT: Over on the main forum, someone suggested removing /etc/config/wireless* or something, cant remember but wil take a look tonight, but essentially the suggestion is to force the fw to regenerate its list of radios. Like I said, will try later tonight.

EDIT2: Can someone please confirm existence of radio3 config in Dave's latest build? Just before I go down rabbit holes!

(Last edited by ninjaef on 13 Feb 2018, 13:51)

davidc502 wrote:
NeuerLinuxfan wrote:

Hey David!

Just wanted to say thank you for all the work you have done!

I have your image now running over the last year and still working fine! (excapt Wireless could be better but that is not your fold of course. Have the been some improvements since last wifi driver update in january? WRT3200ACM)

Regards from Norway

Yes, this latest build with the optional Wifi drivers is the best yet for the 3200acm, so we are getting closer, but there is still some work yet to be done. The good news is the wifi driver is still actively being worked on.

Thanks David!

Than I will give it a try and do full reinstall of my system. Hell this is always a lot todo and takes so much time. Otherwise I would upgrade a lot more often to test.

I will report if I face some problems or benfits.

ninjaef wrote:

Ok, so I installed latest fw for 3200ACM . Did a factory reset. Rebooted into web GUI.
Radio problems galore.

1. All clients took about 25 seconds to connect. I noted that the client would cycle between "Authenticating, Obtaining IP address, Saving" a couple to times then eventually connect.

2. Signal quality and strength seemed as per other fw types.

3. ath2 (Radio 3) did not show up for configuraiton. This is the "third" radio reserverd for radar detection I belive, however, it works perfectly under DD-WRT as a 2.4/5GHz ac radio and clients can connect and operate normally. Can we get this third radio working under "davidc502" fw ?

4. WAN connection (PPPoE) would intermittently drop. Dont see this with any other fw.

Other than this, i didnt stress the fw too much. I did try various (seemingly all) of the combinations of basic wireless settings and security settings to try to fix the 20/30 second connect time, but no success.

Sadly, I reflashed with DD-WRT because not having the 3rd radio in davidc fw is a deal breaker for me. Sorry!

EDIT: Over on the main forum, someone suggested removing /etc/config/wireless* or something, cant remember but wil take a look tonight, but essentially the suggestion is to force the fw to regenerate its list of radios. Like I said, will try later tonight.

EDIT2: Can someone please confirm existence of radio3 config in Dave's latest build? Just before I go down rabbit holes!

No radio 3 available.

If you saved any settings from DDRT,  it will likely not work.  Your system would need to be started from scratch as there are too many differences.

Best Regards

(Last edited by davidc502 on 13 Feb 2018, 15:50)

Hi Dave

I always do a factory reset after flash then reboot then configure. It just isnt there. I will try again tonight and download your latest build. I also run a checksum check by the way.

Thank you for your time and a great fw image. If it stil doesnt work for me then I would be happy to provide any further diag info to you as requested.

davidc502 wrote:

No radio 3 available.

If you saved any settings from DDRT,  it will likely not work.  Your system would need to be started from scratch as there are too many differences.

Best Regards

(Last edited by ninjaef on 13 Feb 2018, 15:56)

davidc502 wrote:
Keltere wrote:

Hi David, thanks for your work.
Sorry to bother but i've read that you are testing something and maybe you will release a new build it in the weekend. Is still like that or did you find some problems?

The last few commits with mwlwifi deal with debugging, so there's really no reason to update unless you plan to help with the debugging logs. Dealing with the OS, there is a fix for the Advanced Reboot, but it's so low priority, and doesn't matter if it's working on not because everything can be done in command line.

So, unless we have something worth building for, I'm going to stick with what we have for now.  It's subjective, so if we have some folks that see some lede commits for fixes they need, those reasons could be enough.

David, a question.  I thought the lack of flock() in the current image was causing some breakage.  The thing that I can't figure out how to fix it (sorry, I"m sure it's a newbie issue).  One of the posts says via the package manager but I can't find via my googling what package that might be.  So, I guess two questions.  Is the lack of flock() actually causing an issue (beyond being noisy in the log) and if so, how might I fix it until your next build?

davidc502 wrote:

I just started a test build earlier and it failed... something to do with postgresql. I removed the "new" package, and so far so good, but it is too soon to tell if it's going to make it.

I restarted my build of latest commit for master using a different Preferred standard C++ library (libstdc++), have gone much farther so far.

Hi Dave

NO! sorry. Still no third radio. Using your r5917 build downloaded moments ago

dmesg output:

[    0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0
[    0.000000] Linux version 4.9.77 (davidc502@pc2) (gcc version 5.5.0 (OpenWrt GCC 5.5.0 r5917-36f1978a70) ) #0 SMP Sat Jan 20 22:36:05 2018
[    0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [414fc091] revision 1 (ARMv7), cr=10c5387d
[    0.000000] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT aliasing instruction cache
[    0.000000] OF: fdt:Machine model: Linksys WRT3200ACM
[    0.000000] Memory policy: Data cache writealloc
[    0.000000] On node 0 totalpages: 131072
[    0.000000] free_area_init_node: node 0, pgdat c065b240, node_mem_map dfbf9000
[    0.000000]   Normal zone: 1024 pages used for memmap
[    0.000000]   Normal zone: 0 pages reserved
[    0.000000]   Normal zone: 131072 pages, LIFO batch:31
[    0.000000] percpu: Embedded 13 pages/cpu @dfbce000 s22796 r8192 d22260 u53248
[    0.000000] pcpu-alloc: s22796 r8192 d22260 u53248 alloc=13*4096
[    0.000000] pcpu-alloc: [0] 0 [0] 1 
[    0.000000] Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on.  Total pages: 130048
[    0.000000] Kernel command line: console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/mtdblock6 ro rootdelay=1 rootfstype=jffs2 earlyprintk mtdparts=armada-nand:2048K(uboot)ro,128K(u_env),256K(s_env),256K@8064K(devinfo),1920K@8320K(sysdiag),80m@10m(kernel),74m@16m(rootfs),80m@90m(alt_kernel),74m@96m(alt_rootfs),160m@10m(ubifs),-@170m(syscfg)
[    0.000000] PID hash table entries: 2048 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
[    0.000000] Dentry cache hash table entries: 65536 (order: 6, 262144 bytes)
[    0.000000] Inode-cache hash table entries: 32768 (order: 5, 131072 bytes)
[    0.000000] Memory: 512764K/524288K available (4609K kernel code, 182K rwdata, 1256K rodata, 284K init, 310K bss, 11524K reserved, 0K cma-reserved, 0K highmem)
[    0.000000] Virtual kernel memory layout:
                   vector  : 0xffff0000 - 0xffff1000   (   4 kB)
                   fixmap  : 0xffc00000 - 0xfff00000   (3072 kB)
                   vmalloc : 0xe0800000 - 0xff800000   ( 496 MB)
                   lowmem  : 0xc0000000 - 0xe0000000   ( 512 MB)
                   pkmap   : 0xbfe00000 - 0xc0000000   (   2 MB)
                   modules : 0xbf000000 - 0xbfe00000   (  14 MB)
                     .text : 0xc0008000 - 0xc04889d8   (4611 kB)
                     .init : 0xc05e7000 - 0xc062e000   ( 284 kB)
                     .data : 0xc062e000 - 0xc065bb40   ( 183 kB)
                      .bss : 0xc065bb40 - 0xc06a9440   ( 311 kB)
[    0.000000] SLUB: HWalign=64, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=2, Nodes=1
[    0.000000] Hierarchical RCU implementation.
[    0.000000]     RCU restricting CPUs from NR_CPUS=4 to nr_cpu_ids=2.
[    0.000000] RCU: Adjusting geometry for rcu_fanout_leaf=16, nr_cpu_ids=2
[    0.000000] NR_IRQS:16 nr_irqs:16 16
[    0.000000] mvebu_mbus: [Firmware Warn]: deprecated mbus-mvebu Device Tree, suspend/resume will not work
[    0.000000] L2C-310 enabling early BRESP for Cortex-A9
[    0.000000] L2C-310 full line of zeros enabled for Cortex-A9
[    0.000000] L2C-310 D prefetch enabled, offset 1 lines
[    0.000000] L2C-310 dynamic clock gating enabled, standby mode enabled
[    0.000000] L2C-310 Coherent cache controller enabled, 16 ways, 1024 kB
[    0.000000] L2C-310 Coherent: CACHE_ID 0x410054c9, AUX_CTRL 0x56070001
[    0.000000] Selected CPU frequency (16) unsupported
[    0.000000] Switching to timer-based delay loop, resolution 40ns
[    0.000003] sched_clock: 32 bits at 25MHz, resolution 40ns, wraps every 85899345900ns
[    0.000009] clocksource: armada_370_xp_clocksource: mask: 0xffffffff max_cycles: 0xffffffff, max_idle_ns: 76450417870 ns
[    0.000116] Calibrating local timer... 933.11MHz.
[    0.060027] Calibrating delay loop (skipped), value calculated using timer frequency.. 50.00 BogoMIPS (lpj=250000)
[    0.060032] pid_max: default: 32768 minimum: 301
[    0.060071] Mount-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.060075] Mountpoint-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.060274] CPU: Testing write buffer coherency: ok
[    0.060363] CPU0: thread -1, cpu 0, socket 0, mpidr 80000000
[    0.060374] Setting up static identity map for 0x8280 - 0x82d8
[    0.060432] mvebu-soc-id: MVEBU SoC ID=0x6820, Rev=0x4
[    0.060492] mvebu-pmsu: Initializing Power Management Service Unit
[    0.060889] Booting CPU 1
[    0.061025] CPU1: thread -1, cpu 1, socket 0, mpidr 80000001
[    0.061055] Brought up 2 CPUs
[    0.061060] SMP: Total of 2 processors activated (100.00 BogoMIPS).
[    0.061063] CPU: All CPU(s) started in SVC mode.
[    0.062729] VFP support v0.3: implementor 41 architecture 3 part 30 variant 9 rev 4
[    0.062775] clocksource: jiffies: mask: 0xffffffff max_cycles: 0xffffffff, max_idle_ns: 19112604462750000 ns
[    0.062781] futex hash table entries: 512 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
[    0.062818] pinctrl core: initialized pinctrl subsystem
[    0.063123] NET: Registered protocol family 16
[    0.063555] DMA: preallocated 256 KiB pool for atomic coherent allocations
[    0.090046] cpuidle: using governor ladder
[    0.090175] mvebu-pmsu: CPU hotplug support is currently broken on Armada 38x: disabling
[    0.090182] mvebu-pmsu: CPU idle is currently broken on Armada 38x: disabling
[    0.120441] reg-fixed-voltage xhci0-vbus: could not find pctldev for node /soc/internal-regs/pinctrl@18000/xhci0-vbus-pins, deferring probe
[    0.120576] SCSI subsystem initialized
[    0.120656] libata version 3.00 loaded.
[    0.120759] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
[    0.120785] usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
[    0.120805] usbcore: registered new device driver usb
[    0.121294] clocksource: Switched to clocksource armada_370_xp_clocksource
[    0.121609] NET: Registered protocol family 2
[    0.121827] TCP established hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
[    0.121848] TCP bind hash table entries: 4096 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
[    0.121878] TCP: Hash tables configured (established 4096 bind 4096)
[    0.121899] UDP hash table entries: 256 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
[    0.121911] UDP-Lite hash table entries: 256 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
[    0.121970] NET: Registered protocol family 1
[    0.121982] PCI: CLS 0 bytes, default 64
[    0.122784] Crashlog allocated RAM at address 0x3f00000
[    0.122861] workingset: timestamp_bits=30 max_order=17 bucket_order=0
[    0.124948] squashfs: version 4.0 (2009/01/31) Phillip Lougher
[    0.124953] jffs2: version 2.2 (NAND) (SUMMARY) (LZMA) (RTIME) (CMODE_PRIORITY) (c) 2001-2006 Red Hat, Inc.
[    0.125684] io scheduler noop registered
[    0.125689] io scheduler deadline registered (default)
[    0.126040] armada-38x-pinctrl f1018000.pinctrl: registered pinctrl driver
[    0.126633] mvebu-pcie soc:pcie-controller: PCI host bridge to bus 0000:00
[    0.126640] pci_bus 0000:00: root bus resource [io  0x1000-0xfffff]
[    0.126645] pci_bus 0000:00: root bus resource [mem 0xe0000000-0xe7ffffff]
[    0.126649] pci_bus 0000:00: root bus resource [bus 00-ff]
[    0.126663] pci 0000:00:01.0: [11ab:6820] type 01 class 0x060400
[    0.126747] pci 0000:00:02.0: [11ab:6820] type 01 class 0x060400
[    0.126829] PCI: bus0: Fast back to back transfers disabled
[    0.126834] pci 0000:00:01.0: bridge configuration invalid ([bus 00-00]), reconfiguring
[    0.126840] pci 0000:00:02.0: bridge configuration invalid ([bus 00-00]), reconfiguring
[    0.126890] pci 0000:01:00.0: [11ab:2b40] type 00 class 0x020000
[    0.126906] pci 0000:01:00.0: reg 0x10: [mem 0x40000000-0x401fffff 64bit pref]
[    0.126915] pci 0000:01:00.0: reg 0x18: [mem 0x40200000-0x402fffff 64bit pref]
[    0.126974] pci 0000:01:00.0: supports D1 D2
[    0.126977] pci 0000:01:00.0: PME# supported from D0 D1 D3hot D3cold
[    0.127039] PCI: bus1: Fast back to back transfers disabled
[    0.127045] pci_bus 0000:01: busn_res: [bus 01-ff] end is updated to 01
[    0.127097] pci 0000:02:00.0: [11ab:2b40] type 00 class 0x020000
[    0.127116] pci 0000:02:00.0: reg 0x10: [mem 0x42000000-0x421fffff 64bit pref]
[    0.127127] pci 0000:02:00.0: reg 0x18: [mem 0x42200000-0x422fffff 64bit pref]
[    0.127208] pci 0000:02:00.0: supports D1 D2
[    0.127211] pci 0000:02:00.0: PME# supported from D0 D1 D3hot D3cold
[    0.127273] PCI: bus2: Fast back to back transfers disabled
[    0.127278] pci_bus 0000:02: busn_res: [bus 02-ff] end is updated to 02
[    0.127347] pci 0000:00:01.0: BAR 8: assigned [mem 0xe0000000-0xe02fffff]
[    0.127353] pci 0000:00:02.0: BAR 8: assigned [mem 0xe0400000-0xe06fffff]
[    0.127360] pci 0000:01:00.0: BAR 0: assigned [mem 0xe0000000-0xe01fffff 64bit pref]
[    0.127369] pci 0000:01:00.0: BAR 2: assigned [mem 0xe0200000-0xe02fffff 64bit pref]
[    0.127377] pci 0000:00:01.0: PCI bridge to [bus 01]
[    0.127383] pci 0000:00:01.0:   bridge window [mem 0xe0000000-0xe02fffff]
[    0.127389] pci 0000:02:00.0: BAR 0: assigned [mem 0xe0400000-0xe05fffff 64bit pref]
[    0.127399] pci 0000:02:00.0: BAR 2: assigned [mem 0xe0600000-0xe06fffff 64bit pref]
[    0.127408] pci 0000:00:02.0: PCI bridge to [bus 02]
[    0.127412] pci 0000:00:02.0:   bridge window [mem 0xe0400000-0xe06fffff]
[    0.127614] mv_xor f1060800.xor: Marvell shared XOR driver
[    0.181705] mv_xor f1060800.xor: Marvell XOR (Descriptor Mode): ( xor cpy intr )
[    0.181790] mv_xor f1060900.xor: Marvell shared XOR driver
[    0.241683] mv_xor f1060900.xor: Marvell XOR (Descriptor Mode): ( xor cpy intr )
[    0.241820] Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 16 ports, IRQ sharing enabled
[    0.242583] console [ttyS0] disabled
[    0.262647] f1012000.serial: ttyS0 at MMIO 0xf1012000 (irq = 21, base_baud = 12500000) is a 16550A
[    0.983684] console [ttyS0] enabled
[    0.989079] loop: module loaded
[    0.992506] ahci-mvebu f10a8000.sata: AHCI 0001.0000 32 slots 2 ports 6 Gbps 0x3 impl platform mode
[    1.001601] ahci-mvebu f10a8000.sata: flags: 64bit ncq sntf led only pmp fbs pio slum part sxs 
[    1.010690] scsi host0: ahci-mvebu
[    1.014255] scsi host1: ahci-mvebu
[    1.017753] ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 mmio [mem 0xf10a8000-0xf10a9fff] port 0x100 irq 41
[    1.025711] ata2: SATA max UDMA/133 mmio [mem 0xf10a8000-0xf10a9fff] port 0x180 irq 41
[    1.033997] pxa3xx-nand f10d0000.flash: This platform can't do DMA on this device
[    1.041762] nand: device found, Manufacturer ID: 0x01, Chip ID: 0xda
[    1.048140] nand: AMD/Spansion S34ML02G2
[    1.052084] nand: 256 MiB, SLC, erase size: 128 KiB, page size: 2048, OOB size: 128
[    1.059774] pxa3xx-nand f10d0000.flash: ECC strength 16, ECC step size 2048
[    1.066951] Bad block table found at page 131008, version 0x01
[    1.073145] Bad block table found at page 130944, version 0x01
[    1.079252] 11 ofpart partitions found on MTD device pxa3xx_nand-0
[    1.085462] Creating 11 MTD partitions on "pxa3xx_nand-0":
[    1.090969] 0x000000000000-0x000000200000 : "u-boot"
[    1.096225] 0x000000200000-0x000000220000 : "u_env"
[    1.101365] 0x000000220000-0x000000260000 : "s_env"
[    1.106490] 0x0000007e0000-0x000000820000 : "devinfo"
[    1.111805] 0x000000820000-0x000000a00000 : "sysdiag"
[    1.117111] 0x000000a00000-0x000005a00000 : "kernel1"
[    1.122615] 0x000001000000-0x000005a00000 : "ubi"
[    1.127720] 0x000005a00000-0x00000aa00000 : "kernel2"
[    1.133200] 0x000006000000-0x00000aa00000 : "rootfs2"
[    1.138655] 0x00000aa00000-0x000010000000 : "syscfg"
[    1.144060] 0x000000260000-0x000000820000 : "unused_area"
[    1.149974] libphy: Fixed MDIO Bus: probed
[    1.154328] libphy: orion_mdio_bus: probed
[    1.158559] mvneta_bm f10c8000.bm: Buffer Manager for network controller enabled
[    1.167228] mvneta f1070000.ethernet eth0: Using hardware mac address 60:38:e0:c3:86:90
[    1.176237] mvneta f1034000.ethernet eth1: Using random mac address d6:0b:81:27:b9:b6
[    1.184155] ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver
[    1.190708] ehci-pci: EHCI PCI platform driver
[    1.195200] ehci-platform: EHCI generic platform driver
[    1.200515] ehci-orion: EHCI orion driver
[    1.204603] orion-ehci f1058000.usb: EHCI Host Controller
[    1.210033] orion-ehci f1058000.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
[    1.217678] orion-ehci f1058000.usb: irq 37, io mem 0xf1058000
[    1.251291] orion-ehci f1058000.usb: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00
[    1.257440] hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    1.261213] hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected
[    1.265503] usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
[    1.271662] armada38x-rtc f10a3800.rtc: rtc core: registered f10a3800.rtc as rtc0
[    1.279276] i2c /dev entries driver
[    1.294182] orion_wdt: Initial timeout 171 sec
[    1.298860] sdhci: Secure Digital Host Controller Interface driver
[    1.305072] sdhci: Copyright(c) Pierre Ossman
[    1.362496] ata1: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300)
[    1.367943] ata2: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300)
[    1.371311] mmc0: SDHCI controller on f10d8000.sdhci [f10d8000.sdhci] using ADMA
[    1.371385] sdhci-pltfm: SDHCI platform and OF driver helper
[    1.377120] marvell-cesa f1090000.crypto: CESA device successfully registered
[    1.377517] NET: Registered protocol family 10
[    1.391552] NET: Registered protocol family 17
[    1.391566] bridge: filtering via arp/ip/ip6tables is no longer available by default. Update your scripts to load br_netfilter if you need this.
[    1.391568] 8021q: 802.1Q VLAN Support v1.8
[    1.391623] Registering SWP/SWPB emulation handler
[    1.392807] xhci-hcd f10f8000.usb3: xHCI Host Controller
[    1.392818] xhci-hcd f10f8000.usb3: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
[    1.392876] xhci-hcd f10f8000.usb3: hcc params 0x0a000990 hci version 0x100 quirks 0x00010010
[    1.392894] xhci-hcd f10f8000.usb3: irq 44, io mem 0xf10f8000
[    1.393145] hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    1.393171] hub 2-0:1.0: 1 port detected
[    1.393258] xhci-hcd f10f8000.usb3: xHCI Host Controller
[    1.393267] xhci-hcd f10f8000.usb3: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 3
[    1.393302] usb usb3: We don't know the algorithms for LPM for this host, disabling LPM.
[    1.393481] hub 3-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    1.393504] hub 3-0:1.0: 1 port detected
[    1.393820] UBI: auto-attach mtd6
[    1.393823] ubi0: attaching mtd6
[    1.397888] random: fast init done
[    1.401583] mmc0: new high speed SDIO card at address 0001
[    1.592651] ubi0: scanning is finished
[    1.600840] ubi0: attached mtd6 (name "ubi", size 74 MiB)
[    1.606272] ubi0: PEB size: 131072 bytes (128 KiB), LEB size: 126976 bytes
[    1.613179] ubi0: min./max. I/O unit sizes: 2048/2048, sub-page size 2048
[    1.619993] ubi0: VID header offset: 2048 (aligned 2048), data offset: 4096
[    1.626986] ubi0: good PEBs: 592, bad PEBs: 0, corrupted PEBs: 0
[    1.633019] ubi0: user volume: 2, internal volumes: 1, max. volumes count: 128
[    1.640270] ubi0: max/mean erase counter: 2/0, WL threshold: 4096, image sequence number: 948808128
[    1.649356] ubi0: available PEBs: 0, total reserved PEBs: 592, PEBs reserved for bad PEB handling: 40
[    1.658620] ubi0: background thread "ubi_bgt0d" started, PID 669
[    1.659055] block ubiblock0_0: created from ubi0:0(rootfs)
[    1.659057] ubiblock: device ubiblock0_0 (rootfs) set to be root filesystem
[    1.659237] mvsw61xx 10.mvsw61xx: Found MV88E6352 at f1072004.mdio-mii:10
[    1.659240] mvsw61xx 10.mvsw61xx: Using direct addressing
[    1.670167] armada38x-rtc f10a3800.rtc: setting system clock to 1970-01-01 00:03:39 UTC (219)
[    1.698011] Waiting 1 sec before mounting root device...
[    2.723022] VFS: Mounted root (squashfs filesystem) readonly on device 254:0.
[    2.730308] Freeing unused kernel memory: 284K
[    2.734785] This architecture does not have kernel memory protection.
[    2.896785] init: Console is alive
[    2.900265] init: - watchdog -
[    3.262920] kmodloader: loading kernel modules from /etc/modules-boot.d/*
[    3.289000] ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver
[    3.295478] ohci-platform: OHCI generic platform driver
[    3.301142] uhci_hcd: USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver
[    3.307803] ohci-pci: OHCI PCI platform driver
[    3.312398] kmodloader: done loading kernel modules from /etc/modules-boot.d/*
[    3.323770] init: - preinit -
[    3.447263] mvneta f1070000.ethernet tmp0: renamed from eth0
[    3.492536] mvneta f1034000.ethernet eth0: renamed from eth1
[    3.552459] mvneta f1070000.ethernet eth1: renamed from tmp0
[    3.931275] mvneta f1034000.ethernet eth0: configuring for fixed link mode
[    3.938576] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
[    3.944591] mvneta f1034000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control off
[    3.952497] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
[    8.034598] mount_root: loading kmods from internal overlay
[    8.047265] kmodloader: loading kernel modules from //etc/modules-boot.d/*
[    8.056976] kmodloader: done loading kernel modules from //etc/modules-boot.d/*
[    8.453110] UBIFS (ubi0:1): background thread "ubifs_bgt0_1" started, PID 789
[    8.481435] UBIFS (ubi0:1): recovery needed
[    8.528056] UBIFS (ubi0:1): recovery completed
[    8.532556] UBIFS (ubi0:1): UBIFS: mounted UBI device 0, volume 1, name "rootfs_data"
[    8.540418] UBIFS (ubi0:1): LEB size: 126976 bytes (124 KiB), min./max. I/O unit sizes: 2048 bytes/2048 bytes
[    8.550378] UBIFS (ubi0:1): FS size: 59424768 bytes (56 MiB, 468 LEBs), journal size 2920448 bytes (2 MiB, 23 LEBs)
[    8.560858] UBIFS (ubi0:1): reserved for root: 2806778 bytes (2740 KiB)
[    8.567503] UBIFS (ubi0:1): media format: w4/r0 (latest is w4/r0), UUID CC048BDA-7D41-4565-B909-0CF7C42079D6, small LPT model
[    8.579596] block: attempting to load /tmp/ubifs_cfg/upper/etc/config/fstab
[    8.589411] block: extroot: not configured
[    8.641331] UBIFS (ubi0:1): un-mount UBI device 0
[    8.646059] UBIFS (ubi0:1): background thread "ubifs_bgt0_1" stops
[    8.653965] UBIFS (ubi0:1): background thread "ubifs_bgt0_1" started, PID 792
[    8.666167] random: crng init done
[    8.716965] UBIFS (ubi0:1): UBIFS: mounted UBI device 0, volume 1, name "rootfs_data"
[    8.724835] UBIFS (ubi0:1): LEB size: 126976 bytes (124 KiB), min./max. I/O unit sizes: 2048 bytes/2048 bytes
[    8.734795] UBIFS (ubi0:1): FS size: 59424768 bytes (56 MiB, 468 LEBs), journal size 2920448 bytes (2 MiB, 23 LEBs)
[    8.745275] UBIFS (ubi0:1): reserved for root: 2806778 bytes (2740 KiB)
[    8.751920] UBIFS (ubi0:1): media format: w4/r0 (latest is w4/r0), UUID CC048BDA-7D41-4565-B909-0CF7C42079D6, small LPT model
[    9.152628] block: attempting to load /tmp/ubifs_cfg/upper/etc/config/fstab
[    9.162115] block: extroot: not configured
[    9.212136] mount_root: switching to ubifs overlay
[    9.246233] ubi1: attaching mtd9
[    9.478132] ubi1: scanning is finished
[    9.486355] ubi1: attached mtd9 (name "syscfg", size 86 MiB)
[    9.492045] ubi1: PEB size: 131072 bytes (128 KiB), LEB size: 126976 bytes
[    9.498948] ubi1: min./max. I/O unit sizes: 2048/2048, sub-page size 2048
[    9.505765] ubi1: VID header offset: 2048 (aligned 2048), data offset: 4096
[    9.512757] ubi1: good PEBs: 680, bad PEBs: 8, corrupted PEBs: 0
[    9.518786] ubi1: user volume: 1, internal volumes: 1, max. volumes count: 128
[    9.526040] ubi1: max/mean erase counter: 9/6, WL threshold: 4096, image sequence number: 1795032400
[    9.535211] ubi1: available PEBs: 0, total reserved PEBs: 680, PEBs reserved for bad PEB handling: 32
[    9.544474] ubi1: background thread "ubi_bgt1d" started, PID 802
[    9.555135] UBIFS (ubi1:0): background thread "ubifs_bgt1_0" started, PID 809
[    9.607855] UBIFS (ubi1:0): UBIFS: mounted UBI device 1, volume 0, name "syscfg"
[    9.615291] UBIFS (ubi1:0): LEB size: 126976 bytes (124 KiB), min./max. I/O unit sizes: 2048 bytes/2048 bytes
[    9.625252] UBIFS (ubi1:0): FS size: 80375808 bytes (76 MiB, 633 LEBs), journal size 4063232 bytes (3 MiB, 32 LEBs)
[    9.635732] UBIFS (ubi1:0): reserved for root: 3796347 bytes (3707 KiB)
[    9.642376] UBIFS (ubi1:0): media format: w4/r0 (latest is w4/r0), UUID C1D8E9E4-D387-4970-A506-643B03357E5B, small LPT model
[    9.655198] urandom-seed: Seeding with /etc/urandom.seed
[    9.733942] procd: - early -
[    9.736853] procd: - watchdog -
[   10.328656] procd: - watchdog -
[   10.331889] procd: - ubus -
[   10.386117] procd: - init -
[   10.526853] kmodloader: loading kernel modules from /etc/modules.d/*
[   10.537930] ntfs: driver 2.1.32 [Flags: R/O MODULE].
[   10.544545] tun: Universal TUN/TAP device driver, 1.6
[   10.549619] tun: (C) 1999-2004 Max Krasnyansky <maxk@qualcomm.com>
[   10.556869] sit: IPv6, IPv4 and MPLS over IPv4 tunneling driver
[   10.564965] Ethernet Channel Bonding Driver: v3.7.1 (April 27, 2011)
[   10.573545] ip6_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
[   10.580542] Netfilter messages via NETLINK v0.30.
[   10.585846] ip_set: protocol 6
[   10.594261] cryptodev: driver 1.9 loaded.
[   10.598650] Loading modules backported from Linux version wt-2017-11-01-0-gfe248fc2c180
[   10.606698] Backport generated by backports.git v4.14-rc2-1-31-g86cf0e5d
[   10.621251] <<Marvell Mac80211 Wireless PCIE Network Driver version 10.3.4.0-20180118>>
[   10.629315] pci 0000:00:01.0: enabling device (0140 -> 0142)
[   10.635114] ieee80211 phy0: priv->pcmd_buf = ddedc000  priv->pphys_cmd_buf = 1dedc000
[   10.689833] ieee80211 phy0: fw download start
[   10.689839] ieee80211 phy0: ddr init: download start
[   10.690217] ieee80211 phy0: ddr init: download complete
[   10.827658] ieee80211 phy0: FwSize = 449468 downloaded Size = 449468 curr_iteration 65522
[   13.697295] ieee80211 phy0: fw download complete
[   13.697331] ieee80211 phy0: device node: /soc/pcie-controller/pcie@1,0
[   13.713681] ieee80211 phy0: pcmd = ddedc000
[   13.731321] ieee80211 phy0: firmware version: 0x9030204
[   14.038294] ieee80211 phy0: firmware region code: 30
[   14.068932] ieee80211 phy0: 2G disabled, 5G enabled
[   14.073851] ieee80211 phy0: 4 TX antennas, 4 RX antennas
[   14.079239] pci 0000:00:02.0: enabling device (0140 -> 0142)
[   14.085024] ieee80211 phy1: priv->pcmd_buf = d9a54000  priv->pphys_cmd_buf = 19a54000
[   14.091335] ieee80211 phy1: fw download start
[   14.091340] ieee80211 phy1: ddr init: download start
[   14.091721] ieee80211 phy1: ddr init: download complete
[   14.232140] ieee80211 phy1: FwSize = 449468 downloaded Size = 449468 curr_iteration 65527
[   15.427296] ieee80211 phy1: fw download complete
[   15.427330] ieee80211 phy1: device node: /soc/pcie-controller/pcie@2,0
[   15.443677] ieee80211 phy1: pcmd = d9a54000
[   15.460310] ieee80211 phy1: firmware version: 0x9030204
[   15.769307] ieee80211 phy1: firmware region code: 30
[   15.791959] ieee80211 phy1: 2G enabled, 5G disabled
[   15.796858] ieee80211 phy1: 4 TX antennas, 4 RX antennas
[   15.804671] hidraw: raw HID events driver (C) Jiri Kosina
[   15.812413] u32 classifier
[   15.815132]     input device check on
[   15.818806]     Actions configured
[   15.822668] Mirror/redirect action on
[   15.828203] nf_conntrack version 0.5.0 (8192 buckets, 32768 max)
[   15.840156] fuse init (API version 7.26)
[   15.847467] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.22
[   15.851089] NET: Registered protocol family 31
[   15.855569] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
[   15.861956] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
[   15.866854] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
[   15.871937] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
[   15.877272] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
[   15.882629] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
[   15.887877] Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized
[   15.894067] Bluetooth: vendor=0x2df, device=0x9136, class=255, fn=2
[   16.724821] Bluetooth: FW download over, size 695532 bytes
[   17.321320] sdio platform data not available
[   17.326290] usbcore: registered new interface driver btusb
[   17.332475] Bluetooth: HCI UART driver ver 2.3
[   17.336942] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol H4 registered
[   17.342112] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol BCSP registered
[   17.347447] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol ATH3K registered
[   17.353351] Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.2
[   17.359302] Bluetooth: HIDP socket layer initialized
[   17.364923] ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
[   17.390894] Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized
[   17.395824] Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized
[   17.400989] Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.11
[   17.405820] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-alauda
[   17.412006] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-cypress
[   17.418276] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-datafab
[   17.424758] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-freecom
[   17.431041] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-isd200
[   17.437255] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-jumpshot
[   17.443616] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-karma
[   17.449737] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-sddr09
[   17.455939] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-sddr55
[   17.462146] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-usbat
[   17.475570] xt_time: kernel timezone is -0000
[   17.483085] PPP generic driver version 2.4.2
[   17.487792] NET: Registered protocol family 24
[   17.493122] kmodloader: done loading kernel modules from /etc/modules.d/*
[   18.686602] mvneta f1034000.ethernet eth0: configuring for fixed link mode
[   18.693634] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
[   18.699523] mvneta f1034000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control off
[   18.707901] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
[   18.715864] br-lan: port 1(eth0.1) entered blocking state
[   18.721310] br-lan: port 1(eth0.1) entered disabled state
[   18.726898] device eth0.1 entered promiscuous mode
[   18.731729] device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
[   18.737485] br-lan: port 1(eth0.1) entered blocking state
[   18.742917] br-lan: port 1(eth0.1) entered forwarding state
[   18.748550] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): br-lan: link is not ready
[   18.760732] mvneta f1070000.ethernet eth1: configuring for fixed link mode
[   18.768090] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready
[   18.774027] mvneta f1070000.ethernet eth1: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control off
[   18.782297] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth1: link becomes ready
[   19.761562] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): br-lan: link becomes ready
[  189.919585] pppoe-wan: renamed from ppp0

output of iw list

Wiphy phy1
    max # scan SSIDs: 4
    max scan IEs length: 2242 bytes
    max # sched scan SSIDs: 0
    max # match sets: 0
    max # scan plans: 1
    max scan plan interval: -1
    max scan plan iterations: 0
    Retry short limit: 7
    Retry long limit: 4
    Coverage class: 0 (up to 0m)
    Device supports T-DLS.
    Available Antennas: TX 0 RX 0
    Supported interface modes:
         * managed
         * AP
         * AP/VLAN
         * monitor
    Band 1:
        Capabilities: 0x186f
            RX LDPC
            HT20/HT40
            SM Power Save disabled
            RX HT20 SGI
            RX HT40 SGI
            No RX STBC
            Max AMSDU length: 7935 bytes
            DSSS/CCK HT40
        Maximum RX AMPDU length 65535 bytes (exponent: 0x003)
        Minimum RX AMPDU time spacing: 4 usec (0x05)
        HT TX/RX MCS rate indexes supported: 0-23, 32
        VHT Capabilities (0x33837976):
            Max MPDU length: 11454
            Supported Channel Width: 160 MHz
            RX LDPC
            short GI (80 MHz)
            short GI (160/80+80 MHz)
            SU Beamformer
            SU Beamformee
            RX antenna pattern consistency
            TX antenna pattern consistency
        VHT RX MCS set:
            1 streams: MCS 0-9
            2 streams: MCS 0-9
            3 streams: MCS 0-9
            4 streams: not supported
            5 streams: not supported
            6 streams: not supported
            7 streams: not supported
            8 streams: not supported
        VHT RX highest supported: 0 Mbps
        VHT TX MCS set:
        VHT TX highest supported: 0 Mbps
        Frequencies:
            * 2412 MHz [1] (20.0 dBm)
            * 2417 MHz [2] (20.0 dBm)
            * 2422 MHz [3] (20.0 dBm)
            * 2427 MHz [4] (20.0 dBm)
            * 2432 MHz [5] (20.0 dBm)
            * 2437 MHz [6] (20.0 dBm)
            * 2442 MHz [7] (20.0 dBm)
            * 2447 MHz [8] (20.0 dBm)
            * 2452 MHz [9] (20.0 dBm)
            * 2457 MHz [10] (20.0 dBm)
            * 2462 MHz [11] (20.0 dBm)
            * 2467 MHz [12] (20.0 dBm)
            * 2472 MHz [13] (20.0 dBm)
            * 2484 MHz [14] (disabled)
    valid interface combinations:
         * #{ AP } <= 16, #{ managed } <= 1,
           total <= 16, #channels <= 1, radar detect widths: { 20 MHz (no HT), 20 MHz, 40 MHz, 80 MHz, 160 MHz }

HT Capability overrides:
         * MCS: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
         * maximum A-MSDU length
         * supported channel width
         * short GI for 40 MHz
         * max A-MPDU length exponent
         * min MPDU start spacing
Wiphy phy0
    max # scan SSIDs: 4
    max scan IEs length: 2247 bytes
    max # sched scan SSIDs: 0
    max # match sets: 0
    max # scan plans: 1
    max scan plan interval: -1
    max scan plan iterations: 0
    Retry short limit: 7
    Retry long limit: 4
    Coverage class: 0 (up to 0m)
    Device supports T-DLS.
    Available Antennas: TX 0 RX 0
    Supported interface modes:
         * managed
         * AP
         * AP/VLAN
         * monitor
    Band 2:
        Capabilities: 0x186f
            RX LDPC
            HT20/HT40
            SM Power Save disabled
            RX HT20 SGI
            RX HT40 SGI
            No RX STBC
            Max AMSDU length: 7935 bytes
            DSSS/CCK HT40
        Maximum RX AMPDU length 65535 bytes (exponent: 0x003)
        Minimum RX AMPDU time spacing: 4 usec (0x05)
        HT TX/RX MCS rate indexes supported: 0-23, 32
        VHT Capabilities (0x33837976):
            Max MPDU length: 11454
            Supported Channel Width: 160 MHz
            RX LDPC
            short GI (80 MHz)
            short GI (160/80+80 MHz)
            SU Beamformer
            SU Beamformee
            RX antenna pattern consistency
            TX antenna pattern consistency
        VHT RX MCS set:
        VHT RX highest supported: 0 Mbps
        VHT TX MCS set:
        VHT TX highest supported: 0 Mbps
        Frequencies:
            * 5180 MHz [36] (20.0 dBm)
            * 5200 MHz [40] (20.0 dBm)
            * 5220 MHz [44] (20.0 dBm)
            * 5240 MHz [48] (20.0 dBm)
            * 5260 MHz [52] (20.0 dBm) (radar detection)
            * 5280 MHz [56] (20.0 dBm) (radar detection)
            * 5300 MHz [60] (20.0 dBm) (radar detection)
            * 5320 MHz [64] (20.0 dBm) (radar detection)
            * 5500 MHz [100] (27.0 dBm) (radar detection)
            * 5520 MHz [104] (27.0 dBm) (radar detection)
            * 5540 MHz [108] (27.0 dBm) (radar detection)
            * 5560 MHz [112] (27.0 dBm) (radar detection)
            * 5580 MHz [116] (27.0 dBm) (radar detection)
            * 5600 MHz [120] (27.0 dBm) (radar detection)
            * 5620 MHz [124] (27.0 dBm) (radar detection)
            * 5640 MHz [128] (27.0 dBm) (radar detection)
            * 5660 MHz [132] (27.0 dBm) (radar detection)
            * 5680 MHz [136] (27.0 dBm) (radar detection)
            * 5700 MHz [140] (27.0 dBm) (radar detection)
            * 5720 MHz [144] (disabled)
            * 5745 MHz [149] (disabled)
            * 5765 MHz [153] (disabled)
            * 5785 MHz [157] (disabled)
            * 5805 MHz [161] (disabled)
    valid interface combinations:
         * #{ AP } <= 16, #{ managed } <= 1,
           total <= 16, #channels <= 1, radar detect widths: { 20 MHz (no HT), 20 MHz, 40 MHz, 80 MHz, 160 MHz }

HT Capability overrides:
         * MCS: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
         * maximum A-MSDU length
         * supported channel width
         * short GI for 40 MHz
         * max A-MPDU length exponent
         * min MPDU start spacing

Awwww. I want my 3rd radio working? Its fine under latest DD-WRT??? help!

Sorry, posts 4676 to 4675 are missing from our archive.