OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Newbie Compile Question for - missing .bin

The content of this topic has been archived on 17 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

sysupgrade.tar generated but no factory.bin is generated when compiling from scratch.

I'm trying to build a factory Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X  install image.

I've done this: "or Target System you should choose Ralink RT288x/RT3xxx. This in turn enables you to choose from various Mediatek subtargets, in the case of the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X you choose MT7621 based boards. Having done that, there will be a Target Profile specifically for this router. Now this feels a lot more reassuring than my earlier option where I couldn't choose subtargets or a profile." as instructed by this blog: googleopenwrt-on-the-ubiquiti-edgerouter-x.html

I can generate the following files just fine but how to I get the factory bin? Is there a menuconfig option that I am missing?

chris@chris-desktop ~/openwrt/test/openwrt/bin/ramips $ ls -al
total 2776
drwxr-xr-x  3 chris chris    4096 Jan 31 23:48 .
drwxr-xr-x  3 chris chris    4096 Jan 31 23:43 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 chris chris      89 Jan 31 23:48 md5sums
-rw-r--r--  1 chris chris 2795520 Jan 31 23:48 openwrt-ramips-mt7621-ubnt-erx-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar
drwxr-xr-x 10 chris chris    4096 Jan 31 23:48 packages
-rw-r--r--  1 chris chris     214 Jan 31 23:48 sha256sums

No <openwrt-ramips-mt7621-ubnt-erx-initramfs-kernel.bin > is to be found anywhere. I haven't enabled any options but to select the profile of my device.

Thanks!
Chris

Fixed.

Needed:

Target Images
   Select RAMdisk

The discussion might have continued from here.