OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: RT1310 Porting - U-Boot issue

The content of this topic has been archived on 8 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi, I've started playing with a RT1310 (aka 5VT1310) SOC board trying to get OpenWrt ported to it.  It has a very old U-Boot which I don't want to touch as I have no JTAG access and don't want to get it bricked.

I'm currently stuck with a problem I can't explain:
- Loading a zImage and executing it directly ("go <addr>") gets me past kernel decompress but fails because <r1> is garbeled so machine id is wrong (unrecognized/unsupported machine ID).
- Using mkimage to create a uImage of the same image (and same load/entry addr), bootm simply hangs and I don't see decompression taking place.

Any ideas what may be wrong?

My goal is to get this going with the original old U-Boot (1.15 with some vendor patches), as I have no JTAG access and wouldn't want to risk bricking it completely.

It turns out that using LZMA for zImage solves this problem.  Not sure why, but it must be something in the vendor's U-Boot code because it affects even early test prints I added before the decompress code.

The discussion might have continued from here.