Re: Easybox 904 LTE open source code to be provide soon

xicoyihl wrote:

Some other developers of LEDE/OpenWrt told that mainline OpenWrt is possible.

Possible: oh, it's certainly possible. Probable: (insert a sound very much like "nnngh mmmnrgh" here)

The main reason it does not get merged at the recent state is that the changes QAuge did break the support for other devices.

Someone CMIIW, but QAuge is the only developer currently active on this device. So it very much hinges on him unless someone else joins development. That someone else, I'm sorry but realistic enough to say, is not me.

OpenWrt/LEDE enthusiast and advocate, full-time web designer and programmer, major league procrastinator

scapi wrote:

@QAuge Can You explain how did You build recovery image ?

Hi!
First checkout the project and switch to the branch: recovery.
Then to the following:

cp recovery.cfg .config
make menuconfig
make

It should produce the binaries which you can flash via emergency recovery.

metai wrote:
xicoyihl wrote:

Some other developers of LEDE/OpenWrt told that mainline OpenWrt is possible.

Possible: oh, it's certainly possible. Probable: (insert a sound very much like "nnngh mmmnrgh" here)

The main reason it does not get merged at the recent state is that the changes QAuge did break the support for other devices.

Someone CMIIW, but QAuge is the only developer currently active on this device. So it very much hinges on him unless someone else joins development. That someone else, I'm sorry but realistic enough to say, is not me.

Thanks metai for your explanations. I'm with you, to integrate this big hack machine we need more active developers.
Sadly, the current state is sufficient for me. I can't motivate myself to get the device integrated in upstream, because it means a lot of work to be done. Also there are things left (WIFI) which are in no good state.
I will follow the lede upstream project and will merge the changes into the current device tree - as I have time for it.
Sources will be published on github, so everyone can build his own version, in case I haven't time anymore.
Thats for now smile

429 (edited by metai 2018-01-11 00:18:59)

QAuge wrote:

Sadly, the current state is sufficient for me.

Nothing sad about it. As I said, it would be nice to have "clean" builds, maybe even one with SMP enabled, but at some point I/we will be able to create them myself. At the moment, my virtual "build" machine is constantly running out of space, but I'm hopeful to get there.

Also there are things left (WIFI) which are in no good state.

I somewhat disagree. Sure, the relationship between SoC, switch, and wifi subsystem is a strange choice. But in the end it acts like an access point connected via VLAN and accepts commands like a ralink USB dongle.

OpenWrt/LEDE enthusiast and advocate, full-time web designer and programmer, major league procrastinator

Sadly, the current state is sufficient for me. I can't motivate myself to get the device integrated in upstream, because it means a lot of work to be done. Also there are things left (WIFI) which are in no good state.
I will follow the lede upstream project and will merge the changes into the current device tree - as I have time for it.
Sources will be published on github, so everyone can build his own version, in case I haven't time anymore.
Thats for now

It is not less work to split in a ready part (uboot + vrx200 main support + nand + switch) and a developing, etra and exotic part (like wlan display)
And upstream the ready part to LEDE and the other as an extra feed on github ?
In the hope that the LEDE team takes care of the general eb904x support ?

User can experimenting and learn with WLAN and the other stuff but when the device will not support in generall it is hopeless.
For example what will happen on newer kernel versions with the 4052-NAND-add-easybox904-bbt.patch or other patches ?
(by the way where comes the information from to write this ?)

The second problem is you are the only guy that are competent enought to can do it, because it is your baby.

For upstreaming to LEDE will be an exact todo-list required, so the parts can be split in parts (or patches)
In post 387 i have make patches from the github-eb904x-reposatory for the LEDE-snapshot-reposatory (working on 12/2017).
With this patches you can make clear LEDE image and it was working very well in 12.2017 (now not tested).
I split in to patches because the first with all changes against the LEDE-repo and one with all new files.
If you look at these patches with Kompare (or an other programm) you can see the differenzes.

here my try for a todolist:

- Kernel-config: the default kernelconfig for all xrx200 devices was changed "target/linux/lantiq/xrx200/config-default"
How is it possible to use these different kernelconfig for the EB904x with do not make changes to the default ?

- Uboot: "packages/boot/uboot-lantiq-easybox904xdsl" here a lot of files and it looks totally different to other devices, but i have no knowlege about uboot.

- Kernelpatches: new patches in "target/linux/lantiq/patches-4.9" no idea how are the effect to the mainline

- RTL8367b-Switch: the files in "target/linux/files/drivers/net/phy" differ from the default. Any ideas ?
Is it possible to do an extra kmod package from it ? (or better is this a usefull way ?)
Why does the default rtl8367b files not working with the Easybox 904xDSL ?

431 (edited by scapi 2018-01-14 17:02:40)

QAuge wrote:
scapi wrote:

@QAuge Can You explain how did You build recovery image ?

Hi!
First checkout the project and switch to the branch: recovery.
Then to the following:

cp recovery.cfg .config
make menuconfig
make

It should produce the binaries which you can flash via emergency recovery.

I was thinking more like why it is initramfs image but I asked something else wink .

I'm trying to make WRT/Lede for LTE version, maybe someone already did it and I'm wasting my time ?

Edit:
As for xDSL version, from 12.2017 we are missing ubifs from lantiq, so everything has to be reworked.