3,851 (edited by JW0914 2017-06-29 15:37:14)

Re: Optimized and feature rich trunk build for select routers

Is this thread, and by proxy it's firmware, still supported, as @arokh hasn't been seen since January?  Their repo, at least for the WRT AC Series, is also over a year old, with the last revision being Apr 2016.

Wikis, Scripts & Configs: JW0914.GitHub.io   WRT AC Series Wiki WRT AC Series

SilverStone DS380: C2750D4I; 32GB ECC; 32TB Z2, 20TB Z2, 3TB Z1 | FreeNAS 11
In Win Chopin: A1SRi-2758F; 16GB ECC; 850 EVO 1TB, Pro 128GB | ESXi: Sophos UTM

Wow! That's really great information guys.I know lot of new things here. Really great contribution.Thank you

@yseesen 

It is not recommended to utilize any firmware built by arokh as all builds are no longer supported.

1. @arokh was last seen on Jan 18

2. All builds by arokh are unsafe to use as they're all over 1yr 4mo old

• Anyone running arokh's builds will be unable to update or install any software since the kernel has been updated by buildbot

3. OpenWrt has been dead for a long time and it is recommended to install builds by LEDE

• OpenWrt will be merging with LEDE sometime in the near future, but they're still working out the details.

Wikis, Scripts & Configs: JW0914.GitHub.io   WRT AC Series Wiki WRT AC Series

SilverStone DS380: C2750D4I; 32GB ECC; 32TB Z2, 20TB Z2, 3TB Z1 | FreeNAS 11
In Win Chopin: A1SRi-2758F; 16GB ECC; 850 EVO 1TB, Pro 128GB | ESXi: Sophos UTM

Back with a vengeance: https://forum.lede-project.org/t/optimi … 00/10480/6

wink

Welcome back. Does this mean that build works on Netgear WNDR3700 V1? Otherwise what is the latest and greatest for the WNDR3700?

The WNDR3700V1 is like 9 years old now, get a new router already wink

Don't know if I'm going to bother maintaining builds for different routers anymore, definitely won't for routers with 8MB flash. Source is on github, you can grab it and build for any router you like.

Yea man that's exactly what I realized yesterday, 9 years old already! It's not handling my current internet speed which is 400 Mbps, got stuck at around 300. So yesterday took out the Netgear and connected directly on the ISPs router and got the 400 Mbps not only by cable but also by wireless, no need for a separate router for now smile

If you're happy with the functionality and security of your ISP's router, then I guess there's no need wink