OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link Archer MR200

The content of this topic has been archived between 11 Apr 2018 and 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Ghosty wrote:

I will send you the folder if you tell me how to get it. Or if you want you can connect to my router by TemViewer.

I have figured out how to extract the modem firmware from tp-link firmware image. Need sometime to figure out what to do next with the files I've extracted.

Ghosty wrote:

The question is how can i flash the modem firmware ? smile

It's easy if your modem is not broken and is detected by router, just flash with tplink original firmware from the router webserver, it already contains the modem firmware. Problem is for my broken modem, no idea how to. Probably no problem if I can find JTAG port of modem.

i tried it but the problem is the same.
The last firmware from the site gived me an error.......................... Archer MR200(EU)_V1_160905
and the second two firmwares worked but the sim is still locked.

Ghosty wrote:

i tried it but the problem is the same.
The last firmware from the site gived me an error.......................... Archer MR200(EU)_V1_160905
and the second two firmwares worked but the sim is still locked.

Maybe you can start by googling unlock mdm9225. I have no idea

When i enterd the modem`s interface there is an option for update the modem but he ask for an firmware in a zip format. Where can i find that zip?

Ghosty wrote:

When i enterd the modem`s interface there is an option for update the modem but he ask for an firmware in a zip format. Where can i find that zip?

I think it is inside tplink firmware. I have managed to extract it. I'll give example. download old tplink firmware Archer_MR200(EU)_V1_160310.zip from tplink download page. extract and you will find Archer MR200v1_0.9.1_0.0_full_update(160317)_1041_1021_2005.bin. So it is supposed to be the full update version.
open this file in hex editing app and extract from 0x007d0200 until end. save it as zip file. you won't be able to unzip it properly with windows as it uses unix names. you can try with this zip files to update

Someware i do rong. It give me an error at 21%loading. Can you make the zip pls and put it heare for download? I maked some zib but i think i miss the start point. Coudnt find the hex portion that you mentioned

(Last edited by Ghosty on 10 Jan 2018, 18:15)

start point is 0x7d0200 use hex editing app. extract from this address to end. or you can just delete all from 0x0 until 0x7d01ff. the starting data header should be PK for zip file. My net is slow.

Archer MR200v1_0.9.1_0.0_full_update(160317)_1041_1021_2005.bin is about 52MB in size. I have looked on Archer MR200v1_0.9.1_0.0_update_1041_1021_2009.bin it's just the same modem firmware location.

and to install router firmware from witch hex shoud i start?

Ghosty wrote:

and to install router firmware from witch hex shoud i start?

depends on what flash method you use. if tftp from 0x200 till 0x7d0200. for 0x7d0000 bytes

(Last edited by gurangax on 11 Jan 2018, 02:54)

so the original tplink modem has esmt fm6bd2g1ga flash+ram (2GB Flash +1 GB DDR2 RAM). I need to flash the firmware into this chip combo. I have seen the flash programmer online but the price is not worth it. There are some pads on the modem, they might be the jtag/programming pads. As for the mini pcie connector pads, only 4 visible lines are connected to the pads, so it must be a regular usb interface. Don't know whats wrong with my modem, when i connected it to router, it is logging as usb connected but then disconnected again. I'm starting to wonder if the problem is just the power circuitry of the modem, can't find any logic as why the modem flash would be broken.

upon inspecting the mini pcie pads, it appears that many if not all of the pads are occupied with connectivity to the board so visibily only 4 pads are connected, but internally many of the pads are in fact connected assuming the board is multi layered.

Hi guys ,

I registered on this forum specially to share with you the solution for unlock the modem of this router sold by Orange .
Orange has released a firmware to unlock modem on other 4G networks.
Please find it here : orange.ro/help/assets/documents/Archer%20MR200v1_0.9.1_0.0_up_Build_170801_Rel.68010n.bin

It is flashed and tested by me with other sim card from RDS Romania . It works . Just don't forget to add a name for profile .

Link not working. Can you upload to dropbox .org someware elese the firmware?

seaman5705 > I downloaded the firmwre. copied hex between 0x200 till 0x7d0200 and it apears an orange firmware with notification The device has been locked. Contact ISP to obtain SIM LOCK CODE.
Write step by step how did you do it... THANKS

dropbox.com/s/ikzqbgcg3ffkrrg/Archer%20MR200v1_0.9.1_0.0_up_Build_170801_Rel.68010n.bin?dl=0
Can not post exact url due to restrctions

I mentioned that firmware is for Orange version of this router - named Flybox 4G - which has locked modem on Orange network . Can't say if applies to all Orange providers or only Orange Romania .
I just flashed from web interface by upgrade menu . By the number it looks like new firmware not found anywhere else on web . it is also only for version 1 of this router .

and afterwards you didnt need any simlock code????

No

Iflash it and it ask for simlock code. Give me your email or whatsapp pls

WhatsApp - +40723320882
email - seaman5705@yahoo.com

(Last edited by seaman5705 on 17 Jan 2018, 07:29)

I just tried flashing another MR200 and in error used the recovery for an actual Archer C2 (I have been flashing those too) and it seems to have bricked the MR200. I have tried re-flashing the correct ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin but it won't take it.
Is there any chance that I can recover the MR200?

(Last edited by halucigenia on 24 Jan 2018, 16:20)

Sure. Btw what is the error that you get when trying to flash it? How do you know that it won't take it? What do you mean by it seems to have bricked it? I have totally bricked mine before, the leds only light up once then none at all, but I have recovered them back to life.

(Last edited by gurangax on 22 Jan 2018, 15:58)

halucigenia wrote:

I just tried flashing another MR200 and used the recovery for an actual Archer C2 (I have been flashing those too) and it seems to have bricked the MR200. I have tried re-flashing the correct ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin but it won't take it.
Is there any chance that I can recover the MR200?

Try this
When it starts enter in download mode and for 1 second remove the lan cable and put it back again.
It worked for me. After i put it back router connected to tftp.

I get no message from the tftpserver at all it just sits there waiting.
When I switch on the mr200 all lights initially light up but all go out except the LAN connection light for the port I have a cable attached to. The LAN light comes on for all but one switch port, the first LAN port after the WAN port.
I will try removing and re-plugging the LAN cable when I next get the chance.
Anything else I can try please let me know.
Thanks.