OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Contributing to Wiki? (specifically: Devolo dLAN pro wireless 500+)

The content of this topic has been archived on 20 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

How do I get in touch with the main author of one of the wiki pages? Is there some kind of discussion thread for each page on the forum or elsewhere?

I have recently acquired a Devolo dLAN pro wireless 500+, that I plan to flash with OpenWRT or LEDE. The device page on the wiki (wiki.openwrt.org/toh/devolo/devolo_dlan_pro_wireless_500_plus) is clearly work-in-progress, and I wonder how I could contribute to this page. The page has a TODO list, which is currently out of my league, but I could possibly contribute in other ways, like new pictures, init scripts, or just a second pair of eyes for reviewing.

- Birger

birgerro wrote:

How do I get in touch with the main author of one of the wiki pages? Is there some kind of discussion thread for each page on the forum or elsewhere?

I have recently acquired a Devolo dLAN pro wireless 500+, that I plan to flash with OpenWRT or LEDE. The device page on the wiki (wiki.openwrt.org/toh/devolo/devolo_dlan_pro_wireless_500_plus) is clearly work-in-progress, and I wonder how I could contribute to this page. The page has a TODO list, which is currently out of my league, but I could possibly contribute in other ways, like new pictures, init scripts, or just a second pair of eyes for reviewing.

- Birger

You don't have to ask permission to contribute to the OpenWRT wiki. I contribute there frequently and have both created new pages, made minor edits, and nearly completely overhauled others. Just create a wiki account and make some minor edits here and there (like misspellings, grammar, etc.) until you get comfortable with it. Then start putting in  the new sections that you think would be helpful. Take a look at other wiki pages like the WNDR3700 wiki as reference. I would avoid flat-out deleting sections unless you are very familiar with the hardware and software. Just move them down the page or label them as legacy or something.

I can edit the pages but can't add a new picture.
In "Linksys WRT AC Series" page, there is no picture for latest model serial port WRT3200ACM, and I have this router and took the picture, how can I upload it?

The discussion might have continued from here.