OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link TL-WR1043ND V4

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Mar 2018 and 7 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Solved. I install the package kmod-mtd-rw and now all partition are unlocked. Now I'm able to get 30dbm with the new hacked ART partition.

Hi everybody!

I have the v4 as well and I flashed the trunk version, which unfortunately won't let me do this:

root@OpenWrt:/# echo 35 > /sys/kernel/debug/bluetooth/6lowpan_psm

but it will let me do this:

root@OpenWrt:/# echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/bluetooth/6lowpan_enable

However, I can't connect to my bluetooth devices! Write error sad

Now I'm done compiling the chaos_calmer branch (Kernel 3.18, because supposedly this is an issue with higher kernels than 3.18) and everything went well... except that I don't see a v4 version.

Can someone help me include v4 into that branch please?

Thank you!

Hello there!

I just purchased my v4 and I wanted to install OpenWRT to VPN at the router level.
The trouble is, I literally learned that custom firmware-ing routers is a thing one day ago.

I'm my family's IT guy, but i know enough to say i have no knowledge on anything IT.
and until about 1 hour ago, I thought I at least knew how to google and follow instructions.

I originally wanted to DD-WRT my router as suggested by my VPN provider, but I learned that v4 is not supported yet. Mighty google helped me reach here.
I then downloaded the *factory.bin* and *sysupgrade.bin* as directed on this thread, and following the instructions I installed 'factory.bin' by going to my router's admin ip address.

That was 1 hour ago, and my router is booting, and the WAN (the UFO icon) is lit, probably because it's plugged in and the LED is hardwired... but no other icons are lit.
I can't find the SSID either. I haven't tried plugging in LAN cable directly into it yet, but I suspect that wont' do much either?

Have I bricked the device? Is there anything I can do at this point?
Please advise
THanks!

Wifi is disabled when you first boot.  You have to use Ethernet to one of the LAN ports.

mk24 wrote:

Wifi is disabled when you first boot.  You have to use Ethernet to one of the LAN ports.

Hmm. interesting. I've plugging in to Ethernet port using a cable and I still don't seem to have both Internet connection AND 192.168.1.1 access. I'm getting "err_connection_timed_out" on chrome, firefox, edge and ie.

WAN port is lit, but win10 is 'not connected to internet'.
Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks!

If you are really booting into OpenWrt, every time you power up, the system "gear" icon LED should blink fast then slow then stay on steady.  If it doesn't do that it's probably bricked.  The LED for the LAN port you're using should come on when you plug in your computer.

mk24 wrote:

If you are really booting into OpenWrt, every time you power up, the system "gear" icon LED should blink fast then slow then stay on steady.  If it doesn't do that it's probably bricked.  The LED for the LAN port you're using should come on when you plug in your computer.

So the system LED blinks-steady-stay as you mentioned. The WAN LED stays on. LAN LED isn't on even though it's plugged in. i've tried different ports and PC recognises that it's been plugged in, but can't get internet acces. So system LED and WAN LED is the only ports that are lit on the router side.

zaksza wrote:
marttho wrote:

---------- EDIT -----------------

Well .... I reset my ISP router, reconfigured it in bridge mode, connect it to 1043DN ... it's working .... OpenWRT get my public IP ...I don't understand ...

That is normal as your ISP router acts like a simple switch in this case and your OpenWRT gets the public IP. I guess the internet connection is also plugged into your internet router's switch port (not the WAN port) just like the OpenWRt router.

If you want to have your OpenWrt router behind the internet router I think either you need to configure static IP/default route on it, or you need to configure DHCP on the internet router and set your Openwrt router WAN port to be a DHCP client.

Hello, I have the same problem of the companion, when turning off my Cable-Modem of my ISP, when starting my WAN port it does not take DHCP from the cable modem, and the Internet it does not work if I restart the cable modem or the Router 1043ND, it only works again if I edit the MAC Adreess for a different one and it works again, until the next day I turn off the router again and the same thing happens again, I have to do the same action every day to change the MAC ADDR, does anyone know what this is? how to fix this issues???

cesargdmi wrote:
zaksza wrote:
marttho wrote:

---------- EDIT -----------------

Well .... I reset my ISP router, reconfigured it in bridge mode, connect it to 1043DN ... it's working .... OpenWRT get my public IP ...I don't understand ...

That is normal as your ISP router acts like a simple switch in this case and your OpenWRT gets the public IP. I guess the internet connection is also plugged into your internet router's switch port (not the WAN port) just like the OpenWRt router.

If you want to have your OpenWrt router behind the internet router I think either you need to configure static IP/default route on it, or you need to configure DHCP on the internet router and set your Openwrt router WAN port to be a DHCP client.

Hello, I have the same problem of the companion, when turning off my Cable-Modem of my ISP, when starting my WAN port it does not take DHCP from the cable modem, and the Internet it does not work if I restart the cable modem or the Router 1043ND, it only works again if I edit the MAC Adreess for a different one and it works again, until the next day I turn off the router again and the same thing happens again, I have to do the same action every day to change the MAC ADDR, does anyone know what this is? how to fix this issues???

now I detectet another issues, my MAC ADDR is the same in WAN and LAN, and cannot change in MAC CLONE, maybe this is the problem in DHCP WAN receiver.

I tried to show the image but this forum cannot acept Links or Imagaes, sad

best regards

The discussion might have continued from here.