OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-LINK Archer C7 v1.1 problem with Chaos Calmer

The content of this topic has been archived on 13 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have a TP-LINK Archer C7 (AC1750) v1.1. For some time I've been using Barrier Breaker on it and it was working well. I decided to upgrade to Chaos Calmer being the latest release. I first went with a clean install meaning that I used the factory image. I was very surprised when I wasn't able to find the Wifi menu under Network. It seemed that there was no wireless adapter installed at all. I then decided to try something else - I installed Barrier Breaker once again and then did an upgrade from it to Chaos Calmer while checking the "Keep settings" option. After this second attempt I had a wireless adapter and could access the Wifi menu, but when I tried to enable it, nothing was happening.

As a result I decided to revert back to Barrier Breaker. After playing with the options on it, I found out that the Wireless Scan is not working on my router - it just doesn't display anything as a result and I know that there are a lot of wifi networks around me. This makes me think that the wireless support for this specific revision of the router is not working very well not only in Chaos Calmer, but in Barrier Breaker as well.

Has anybody had similar issues and is there anything I can do in order to upgrade to the latest version and have a Wifi adapter available?

I have this EXACT problem and wonder if you or anyone had a fix?

i have same problem and i aslo tried lede and ddwrt on my router it just bricked it.

The discussion might have continued from here.