OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Sitecom WL-341 V2 support

The content of this topic has been archived on 26 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi, I'm new here to the forums.

I was wondering if the version 2 of this particular router is supported for OpenWrt?
The router's hardware page (wiki.openwrt.org/toh/sitecom/wl-341) shows a '-', does that mean it's the same as the v3 or that it's not supported?
I really want to use this firmware to configure my router for auto-turning off WiFi at night, as my stock firmware doesn't support this.

Thank you,

Sam

Only V3 is supported.
Please mind: WL-341 has only 16MB RAM, which is too little for OpenWrt / LEDE (min 32MB required, better 64MB, see https://lede-project.org/meta/infobox/432_warning)

You'd better get a new device with sufficient flash/RAM.

tmo26 wrote:

Only V3 is supported.
Please mind: WL-341 has only 16MB RAM, which is too little for OpenWrt / LEDE (min 32MB required, better 64MB, see

You'd better get a new device with sufficient flash/RAM.

That was not the answer I was hoping for, however thanks for answering it. It's maybe an inappropriate question to ask here but is there any other custom firmware that can run on a 16MB RAM router, like mine?

(Last edited by samzelf on 12 Dec 2017, 22:17)

The discussion might have continued from here.