OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Reboots loop TP-TL-WDR3600 / Rebootschleife TP-TL-WDR3600

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Reboots loop TP-TL-WDR3600
Hello, everyone,
I'm new here and I don't speak English. I translated the text with deepl. com.
I have problems with my WDR3600, after using the router as a free-radio router (based on OpenWRT) for 1 year, I installed the OpenWRT version openwrt-15.05.1-ar71xx-generic-tl-wdr3600-v1-squashfs-factory. Except for the activation of the WLAN, there were no problems. After a router restart, the WLAN did not start automatically, even though it was configured this way.
Now the router crashed (after about 5 weeks) and hangs in a reboot loop. I'm still in FileSafe mode, but I can't copy the image to the router.
I tried wget and nc, but without success.
Can someone help me? Thank you very much!

Greetings Mike
Originaltext--------------
Hallo zusammen,
ich bin neu hier, und spreche leider kein Englisch. Ich habe den Text mit deepl.com übersetzt.
Ich habe Probleme mit meinem WDR3600. Nachdem ich 1 Jahr lang den Router als Freifunkrouter (basiert auf OpenWRT) verwendet habe, habe ich die OpenWRT-Version openwrt-15.05.1-ar71xx-generic-tl-wdr3600-v1-squashfs-factory installiert. Bis auf die Aktivierung des WLAN, gab es keine Probleme. Nach einen Routerneustart startete das WLAN nicht von selbst, obwohl es so konfiguriert war.
Nun ist der Router (nach ca. 5 Wochen) abgestürzt, und hängt in einer Reboot-Schleife. Ich komme noch in den FileSafe-Modus, aber mir gelingt es nicht das Image auf den Router zu kopieren.
Ich habe es mit wget und nc probiert, jedoch ohne Erfolg.
Kann mir jemand helfen? Vielen Dank!

Gruß Mike

Hello, everyone,
I got it right, thanks to kgoerbig (see below). I only had to execute the command "mtd -r erase rootfs_data" in the filesafe mode, then the router ran again and - after restoring the backup - now even the WLAN starts automatically!

Greetings Mike
---------------------
Hallo zusammen,
ich habe es hin bekommen, dank kgoerbig (siehe unten). Ich mußte nur den Befehl "mtd -r erase rootfs_data" im filesafe-Modus ausführen, danach lief der Router wieder und - nach dem zurückspielen des Backup - startet jetzt sogar das WLAN automatisch!

Gruß Mike

forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=57298

kgoerbig wrote:

Try:

1. Power off
2. Power On, press the reset button  on the back very, very fast over and over until you see the 'asterisk' light blinking rapidly. When the asterisk light is rapidly blinking the router is in failsafe mode.
3. Go to a wired PC that is connected to router.
4. Manually set IP/Mask/Gateway to 192.168.1.2/255.255.255.0/192.168.1.1
5. Telnet in, 192.168.1.1
6. mtd -r erase rootfs_data (this resets openwrt back to factory defaults, erasing all settings). Router will reboot.

7. Reflash openwrt or reinstall packages.

The discussion might have continued from here.