OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: carambola2 brctl(bridge) assigned to eth1

The content of this topic has been archived on 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello

present my carambola2 board brctl is assigned to eth0. i need to change brctl to eth1.in that board  hardware configuration ethernet1 is configured  to the ethernet(LAN) cable.

in boot log message showing etho assigned to the  ethernet port i.e lan cable.

but my aim is wifi brctl is assigned to the eth1, and eth0 is used for ethernet port

how can i change brctl eth0 to eth1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rFxuQM … sp=sharing

This is configured in "/etc/config/network" and "/etc/config/wireless"; post your files here, please.

(Last edited by eduperez on 23 Nov 2017, 07:38)

when i plug ethernet cable in carambola2 board. eth0 is assisgned for the ethernet cable .

where can i change bridge is assigned to eth1  i.e

In the "/etc/config/network" file, move the "option type 'bridge'" from the "config interface 'lan'" section to the "config interface 'wan'" section. In the "/etc/config/wireless" file, change the "option network 'lan'" line to "option network 'wan'". Reboot and check.

in hardware connections carambola2 eth1 pins(ETH1RXP, ETH1 RXM,  ETH1 TXP, ETH1 TXM,) is connected ETHERNET PORT.

when i insert ethernet cable ethernet port console messgae showing  eth0 is up.

but my aim is thhrough  ethernet cable carambola2 act as  router and also access carambola2 usb files through address.

You asked to change bridge from eth0 to eth1, and that is what I gave you...

If you want to exchange how the ethernet ports are used, just switch "eth0" and "eth1" on the "/etc/config/network" file; but be careful, or you can lock yourself out of the device!

thanks for reply,

can i access internet through eth1

in my carambola2 hardware connections, ethernet port is connected to eth1.and eth0  don't have any connections

but console message is showing eth0 when i insert ethernet port

Sorry, but I am not sure I understand the problem here...

ok it is changed eth0 to eth1.

but iam unable to get internet through eth1(wlan)

Post your current configuration, how is that device connected to other devices, and how is it supposed to reach the internet.

my board hardware connections are reversed

in my carambola2 board used one ethernet port.

i.e eth1(ETH1RXP, ETH1 RXM,  ETH1 TXP, ETH1 TXM,) is directly  connected to ethernet port
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BWQ5YXTn8aG8mVjtnTi7m5lwIoGkxiWA/view?usp=sharing

is it connection ok or not.

my aim is need build board as router and AP

The numbering of ports in the OS may not match the chip hardware maker's designation.

Your diagram suggests a direct wired connection from the board module to the Ethernet cable.  That will not work.  You have to use transformers between the Carambola board and the RJ-45 socket (like the Carambola demo board has), or an RJ-45 with internal transformers.

ifconfig should show both "UP" and "RUNNING" on the ethernet port with a live cable plugged in.  When the cable is unplugged it just shows "UP."

It is OK to put both eth0 and eth1 into the same bridge, even if only one of them has a hardware connection.

(Last edited by mk24 on 27 Nov 2017, 15:06)

thanks for reply,

In our board we already connected carambola2 with ethernet connecter having internal transformer as the demo board.

the only query is,  we connected ethernet connector with internal transformer to ethernet port(eth1).

in the datasheet AR9331 it is given as default connection should be connected  with eth0 port only but we made a mistake by connecting it to eth1 port.

now can we able to make our device work as router with ethernet port 1 connected and ethernet port0 Unconnected in the hardware.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JcYY01 … sp=sharing

Sorry, but I do not see the issue here. It does not matter if OpenWrt detects your active port as eth0 or eth1, or what do the schematics say. Even if OpenWrt mismatches the port number, as long as you have one active port, you can configure any network on it. You just have to guess how is OpenWrt calling that port, and configure your network around that.

The discussion might have continued from here.