OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Installing OpenWrt on Belkin F5D8235-4_v1

The content of this topic has been archived on 28 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

In attempting to install OpenWrt on a Belkin F5D8235-4_v1, I found that it failed to flash through the web interface.
I also failed to install via TFTP from U-Boot. It never requests the file and times out.
I recompiled busybox to include tftp command and can successfully retrieve the file from the router when it is booted up normally. Next, I thought I'd try using Kermit to flash OpenWrt from U-Boot but that functionality was not included in the installed U-Boot version so I recompiled U-Boot and am unable to flash from linux on router presumably because the U-Boot partition is read only.

So, I seem to be pretty well stuck with this and could use some help.

so what firmware is on the router now stock still or it is bricked?

When I got it, it had 1.01.19 at the moment it has firmware 1.01.28, but I can and have (re)flashed 1.01.19, 1.01.24, 1.01.26 and 1.01.28. All versions stock from Belkin.

That did the trick, thanks! That was lots easier than I was making it. Can't believe I didn't happen upon that information  in any of my google searches. Thanks again.

The discussion might have continued from here.