OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Running OpenWRT on the Aztech DSL7002GRV(S)

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I would like to know if it is ever possible for the model mentioned in the title to run OpenWRT eventually. I don't care for the ADSL functionality. It runs on the BCM6361, and it seems that some models running this chip have OpenWRT support.

There is no LEDE or OpenWrt firmware image available for this device.

I’ve managed to get access to the bootloader and console. I get a Board ID of 96362ADVN2xh. I see that there are other devices with the same Board ID, but one(the only?) model has text that says ‘not supported’. What else would I need to definitely know that this model I am asking about is possible to support or is unsupported?

If your board uses a NAND flash chip, then it can't be supported by OpenWrt. Might be eventually since latests kernels already has support for NAND flash for bcm63xx. AFAIK right now there is nobody working on supporting bootable firmwares for NAND flash chips on brcm63xx.

Seems like the bootlog says NAND Flash Device, so I guess that says this model uses NAND Flash?

What would be needed to try supporting bcm63xx chip based models using NAND?

(Last edited by SYniC on 28 Jan 2018, 07:07)

The discussion might have continued from here.