OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Support for TP-Link Archer C2600

The content of this topic has been archived between 29 Mar 2018 and 6 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

jFYI - with the current snapshot [05.10.2017: LEDE Reboot SNAPSHOT r4983-7d905f1 / LuCI Master (git-17.277.69962-a876daa)] it was possible to keep the configuration during update. Update took some while (10-15 min?). Directly after update, 2.4 GHz WLAN was not available, but after another reboot, it came up normally.
Reboot is also working (I think this was confirmed already, but just to be sure...)

I couldn't find the build you reference - can you give me a location I can find the r4983 build? Thanks. Also, do you know if there are any builds based on 17.01.3 that have the reboot fix? Thanks again. Kevin

I'm looking for full dump or u-boot cause I accidentally damaged mine.
Thanks.

Look here: C2600 v1.1 full dump
This is dump from my Archer C2600 (UN) v1.1

Thanks, Flashed but I think I have different problem...

With the latest from dl.eko.one.pl (2017-09-16) I get 170Mbps over 802.11n but with the latest from the LEDE snapshot site (well both 19th and 20th Oct 2017) I only get 20-40Mbps over 802.11n.

BallstonSpaKW wrote:

I couldn't find the build you reference - can you give me a location I can find the r4983 build? Thanks. Also, do you know if there are any builds based on 17.01.3 that have the reboot fix? Thanks again. Kevin

I tried the release 17.01.4 last weekend on a v1.1 but it did not reboot. Tried several times. So I think it does not have the fix yet. With the latest trunk reboot was working but had problems with network speed, too. It was similar as stated by Spazturtle.

luckyparty wrote:
BallstonSpaKW wrote:

I tried the release 17.01.4 last weekend on a v1.1 but it did not reboot. Tried several times. So I think it does not have the fix yet. With the latest trunk reboot was working but had problems with network speed, too. It was similar as stated by Spazturtle.

The reboot fix won't be part of the 17.01 line, as it requires a rather large rework of the flash drivers so out of the scope of a bugfix release.

It is part of the mainline fix, and will be part of the next release (whenever that it).

Apologies in advance for the completely off topic (more or less) question but I think the people here are the best people to ask.

I have the TPL C2600 and noticed that the Synology RT2600ac has very similar hardware, same number of ports, aerials and ram. The only big difference I can see is the C2600 has a 1.4Ghz IPQ8064 and the Synology has a 1.7Ghz IPQ8065

The Synology software seems very nice so I was hoping to try it out if poosible.

Synology lets you download the firmware including the uboot so I was wondering if it would be possible to install the Synolgy firmware on the C2600?

If you think it would be possible would openwrt/LEDE be the middle man to allow it? Tplink firmware -> openwrt/LEDE -> Synology firmware?

Any info or suggestions appreciated

Thanks guys

I tried LEDE 17.01.4 on my TP-LINK 841ND and it seems the UI provides very limited functionality.
Then I tried to install the bandwidthd package to track bandwidth usage, but it failed:

Only have 96kb available on filesystem /overlay, pkg libpng needs 111

If I install LEDE on my C2600, what are the recommended packages to install after flushing the firmware? I noticed there is some adblock package as well.

Also it seems we need to install package to support using the USB port on the router?

Is it possible to include those essential function/features in the core LEDE firmware? It would make things easier for users with limited knowledge.

Thanks!

(Last edited by cn008 on 26 Nov 2017, 00:33)

Hello everyone,

Has been a while since I frequented here and can see some great work has been done!

Am still on r787 but have a weird issue with connecting Cisco Jabber to my corporate video service. Have tried sniffing the traffic but it is all encrypted so cannot work out what the issue is even when comparing it to working on a friend's setup.

That a-side, r787 has been very very stable for me giving good wifi and performance as well as allowing for a working guest wifi setup across multiple C2600s, using VLANs to pass guest traffic between them for roaming across the guest network.

Am looking to upgrade to see if this solves the problem but was wondering what the most stable version to use is? Must continue to provide excellent wifi performance, uptime, 30db signal and VLAN setup?

Cheers,

P.

airwoflowrt wrote:

Hello everyone,

Has been a while since I frequented here and can see some great work has been done!

Am still on r787 but have a weird issue with connecting Cisco Jabber to my corporate video service. Have tried sniffing the traffic but it is all encrypted so cannot work out what the issue is even when comparing it to working on a friend's setup.

That a-side, r787 has been very very stable for me giving good wifi and performance as well as allowing for a working guest wifi setup across multiple C2600s, using VLANs to pass guest traffic between them for roaming across the guest network.

Am looking to upgrade to see if this solves the problem but was wondering what the most stable version to use is? Must continue to provide excellent wifi performance, uptime, 30db signal and VLAN setup?

Cheers,

P.

This one is fairly upto date and include all the needed patches.

dl.eko.one.pl/luci/lede/17.01-SNAPSHOT/targets/ipq806x/generic/

Thanks!

Does the upgrade process still not backup and restore you configuration? Will back it up anyway before performing the upgrade but wanted to check.

Cheers,

P.

Hi all,

This thread has been incredible given the lack of info in the wikis.

I have a tftp server set up and working (confirmed by the fact it unbricked my router...), and I'm not sure if I'm missing something when it comes to the image/flashing.

I downloaded from a trunk snapshot, as I'm perfectly comfortable setting everything up myself via command line (or at least, installing a GUI from command line). The download I used was: archive.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ipq806x/generic/openwrt-ipq806x-C2600-squashfs-factory.bin

I initially tried to flash via a simple 'firmware upgrade' in the UI. Of course, that failed silently, and the thing was 'bricked'. No biggie, just took an hour or so to find a laptop with a LAN port (MBP is my main machine, living that dongle life and I didn't have an ethernet adapter). So I tried tftp flashing the above file a few times, and I could see it was getting the file from my server logs, but I couldn't ever get it to boot. I'd give it 10 minutes, then enable DHCP, then seeing I wasn't getting anything, I tried setting my IP to something in 192.168.1.x, so I could SSH to 192.168.1.1, but no luck!

Am I missing something? I basically came full circle and am now running stock firmware again, but I know the 5ghz wifi will crash like it always does after a day or two. I'll try flashing the image posted by Spazturtle above the next time I get frustrated with the wifi crashing, or if I find out I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance!

same for me. new images seems to be not flashable.
use stable 17.01.4. if all leds goes off for a while, switch the router off and on

(Last edited by gasoj on 15 Jan 2018, 09:12)

drumstyx wrote:

Hi all,

This thread has been incredible given the lack of info in the wikis.

I have a tftp server set up and working (confirmed by the fact it unbricked my router...), and I'm not sure if I'm missing something when it comes to the image/flashing.

I downloaded from a trunk snapshot, as I'm perfectly comfortable setting everything up myself via command line (or at least, installing a GUI from command line). The download I used was: archive.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ipq806x/generic/openwrt-ipq806x-C2600-squashfs-factory.bin

I initially tried to flash via a simple 'firmware upgrade' in the UI. Of course, that failed silently, and the thing was 'bricked'. No biggie, just took an hour or so to find a laptop with a LAN port (MBP is my main machine, living that dongle life and I didn't have an ethernet adapter). So I tried tftp flashing the above file a few times, and I could see it was getting the file from my server logs, but I couldn't ever get it to boot. I'd give it 10 minutes, then enable DHCP, then seeing I wasn't getting anything, I tried setting my IP to something in 192.168.1.x, so I could SSH to 192.168.1.1, but no luck!

Am I missing something? I basically came full circle and am now running stock firmware again, but I know the 5ghz wifi will crash like it always does after a day or two. I'll try flashing the image posted by Spazturtle above the next time I get frustrated with the wifi crashing, or if I find out I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance!

factory.bin is for flashing from the factory gui only. If you were already on LEDE/openWRT, then you HAVE to use the sysupgrade image. But, it seems like you did that.

One the discussion on the LEDE forum, there is a discussion where the TP firmware images are currently messed up because of some alteration of the address space (something with where the kernel is put, I beleive).

https://forum.lede-project.org/t/tp-lin … 1-4/8140/5

https://github.com/lede-project/source/pull/1467/ -> https://github.com/lede-project/source/pull/1524

Unfortunately, the guy who was working on it seems to have rage quit and deleted his fixes.

Hi everyone. Got a c2600 to play with...should probably replace my archer c7 v2.0 running an older openwrt release for a long time now. I've read through the whole thread and first of all: thanks all the contributors!

Heinz wrote:

Update to build: r2220+24

LuCI
wget-full
usbstorage+fs
block-mount
add @dissent patch: github .com/lede-project/source/pull/512
add @dissent patch: github .com/lede-project/source/pull/533
add my patch: github .com/lede-project/source/pull/534
fix reboot issue

On LuCI is problem with install kmod packages from FTP server, use ssh to install it.

ftp tplink-forum . pl/C2600/

Would try that image but the download url requests a username/password?

Heinz wrote:

LEDE with webinterface + reboot fix:
dl.eko.one .pl/luci/lede/17.01-SNAPSHOT … x/generic/

Is this firmware compiled by you, @Heinz? ...or @obsy? Is it a trusted community build (looks like, according to the last pages and this thread forum.lede-project. org/t/archer-c2600-does-not-reboot/8748/2)?

Heinz wrote:

Look here: tplinkforum. pl/t/archer-c2600-v1/9054? …  full dump
This is dump from my Archer C2600 (UN) v1.1

Is this with stock Firmware? which version?
How could I do that myself? Do I need a serial connection (with the soldering stuff)?

(sorry for destroying the links...I'm not allowed to post urls)

heinrich-peters wrote:

Directly after update, 2.4 GHz WLAN was not available, but after another reboot, it came up normally.
Reboot is also working (I think this was confirmed already, but just to be sure...)

I can confirm this, some times the 2.4 GHz radio does not come up. A reboot or two "fixes" it.

Hi,

It's been a while since I last wrote in this forum, though I regularly read it.
I've just received this router (US V1.1) and I want to flash OpenWRT safely (I bricked my C7 and TFTP doesn't work on it, don't know why). How should I flash it for the first time, TPlink Web interface? I've read I should use LEDE 17.01.4 because latest OpenWRT trunk that I just built myself will not reboot (or is it boot?) ....
Any advice?

Thanks in advance

(Last edited by ttsherpa on 6 Mar 2018, 15:40)

ttsherpa wrote:

Hi,

It's been a while since I last wrote in this forum, though I regularly read it.
I've just received this router (US V1.1) and I want to flash OpenWRT safely (I bricked my C7 and TFTP doesn't work on it, don't know why). How should I flash it for the first time, TPlink Web interface? I've read I should use LEDE 17.01.4 because latest OpenWRT trunk that I just built myself will not reboot (or is it boot?) ....
Any advice?

Thanks in advance

You have it backwards -- 17.1.x won't reboot on V1.1 while trunk will.

Trunk may currently have other issues though, like trouble flashing it. There was something wrong with the image generation awhile back for all TP-Link devices -- not sure if it got fixed.

Should I upgrade this firmware c2600 US v1.0 on 1.1.2 Build 20150924 Rel. 66046 before installing OpenWrt 17.01.4P

(Last edited by JaimeCarlos on 22 Mar 2018, 00:16)

JaimeCarlos wrote:

Should I upgrade this firmware c2600 US v1.0 on 1.1.2 Build 20150924 Rel. 66046 before installing OpenWrt 17.01.4P

You don't really need to, but since the router has probably had it's last official firmware release, not a bad idea to, to make sure everything else is working.

And I've already tested it out. 1.1.8 and can back and forth with LEDE 17.01.4.

Sorry, I didn't have the time to update post saying I already installed successfully LEDE 17.01.4 in that firmware version. I usually take risks for the sake of impatience hehe. Anyway, what would be the best QOS for gaming? I'm reading good things about "luci-app-sqm" but it seems best one overall works only under Gargoyle firmware. Thanks in advance. I'm full time reading about it and will update. This is advanced stuff for me so my brain hurts (maybe I'm just dumb hehe)

(Last edited by JaimeCarlos on 22 Mar 2018, 20:53)

JaimeCarlos wrote:

Sorry, I didn't have the time to update post saying I already installed successfully LEDE 17.01.4 in that firmware version. I usually take risks for the sake of impatience hehe. Anyway, what would be the best QOS for gaming? I'm reading good things about "luci-app-sqm" but it seems best one overall works only under Gargoyle firmware. Thanks in advance. I'm full time reading about it and will update. This is advanced stuff for me so my brain hurts (maybe I'm just dumb hehe)

That package installs all the luci support. you also need "sqm-scripts" to actually install them.

And you want to be running cake (and then "piece of cake"). those are the new fancy ones. And note you want to run it on eth0, when it will default to eth1 I believe, which puts the qos on the LAN side instead of the eth0 WAN side.