OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Tp-Link td-w8970

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Mar 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

good morning to all,

i have the TP LINK TD-W8970 and i find that it's possible change the standard firmware.

after some research on net i find some firmware version, but OpenWRT seems the only one that my device support (but probably i am wrong)

now, i read also that the router need for specific standard firmware before to update to WRT.
these are the detail of my router:

Firmware Version:0.6.0 2.12 v000c.0 Build 140613 Rel.31066n
Hardware Version:TD-W8970 v1 00000000

if i am right, i can update my router with WEB INTERFACE  (link  wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/td-w8970)  but i have some confusion on the first 3 STEP of "SSID Config Injection"

i have try the method, but when i upload the .bin file the router tell me error message "wrong file size"

please, some one can help me to execute the procedure correctly?

many thanks to all.

best regard

Hi,

I use this modem from 3 years with openwrt without any problems... now my ISP has planned an upgrade to EVDSL technology.... do you know if OpenWrt supports it?

Thanks in advance
FunMan

Hi,
I have an td w8970:
Firmware Version:0.6.0 2.12 v000c.0 Build 140613 Rel.31066n
Hardware Version:TD-W8970 v1 00000000
I wish to install openwrt so i've solder Gnd, tx and rx serial pins and  connected an USB to TTL-serial adapter to have serial access . I can see console serial log using putty 115200 8N1, but i can't interrupt  boot secuence i've try it hundreds times but device  don't response to repeated pressing t key. What im doing wrong?
Can you help me, please?
Thanks in avance

(Last edited by ju0n on 12 Oct 2017, 13:28)

hello

this version of openwrt for this router has web interface?
im interesting upgrade a openwrt version. i needed a cable? my w8970 updated a firmware.
only posible install via cable and tftpserver?

best regards

(Last edited by tsistemas on 18 Oct 2017, 12:26)

tsistemas wrote:

hello

this version of openwrt for this router has web interface?
im interesting upgrade a openwrt version. i needed a cable? my w8970 updated a firmware.
only posible install via cable and tftpserver?

best regards

use lede firware its come with gui

hi
i have tp-link w8970 with latest lede trunk.
i have one problem, i can't find a dnscrypt-proxy with plugins in openwrt or lede packages.
i tried this github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy-installer but it's not installing.
its really nice if we can have dnscrypt-proxy-plugins in package repo.
thank you

tmo26 wrote:

Use 17.01.4, where it is available: downloads.lede-project.org/releases/packages-17.01/mips_24kc/packages/dnscrypt-proxy_1.9.4-1_mips_24kc.ipk

this package isn't compiled with plugins

I have installed the version     OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05 / LuCI (git-15.248.30277-3836b45)
but Wifi is not available.
Who can help me?

Hi there,

I've been using Openwrt years ago on a lynksys and now I decided to update the HW home going back to openwrt again and I picked up this modem/router.

I followed this tutorial:
https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/td-w9980

I copied the file as suggested and rebooted using telnet and the web interface hack procedure.

After reboot I can't connect to the LAN port of the router as if there is no DHCP server setted. I used a static ip 192.168.1.2 but still could not connect to 192.168.1.1

I don't have the possibility to use serial connection right now.

is there anyone who has experience what to do and how to connect to sort things out?

I tried the 30/45 sec reset as pressing the reset button with no results

When I start the modem and I plug one Ethernet cable to my pc the light turns on and if I change LAN ports the right light sets on so everything sounds working beside not being able to connect

thanks in advance

Hello. First of thanks for this entire community and for the open source router firmware. I had no idea this existed! I was going to sell my TP-Link TD-W8970 v1.2 but now I hope I can use it and get better wifi from it compared to the router vodafone gave me.

I followed the instructions as given in this thread earlier:

and here on the toh

Here's the file I downloaded and sucessfully installed. 
I downloaded from the official wrt site.

The firmware is running this: