OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Linksys N300 E1700

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to openwrt and i bought especially this router (E1700) for it.
I did flash the firmware to 1.0.0 to flash again for openwrt, but here goes the problem : i can't get the 1Gpbs from the switch (with the original firmware it works)
So i tried the 15.05.1, the 15.05 and the nightly build, but still no luck.
I tried the 30/30/30 reset too and nothing.
I searched on this forum and google and didn't find any answer.
Did someone get the same error ??

When you say "from the switch" you really mean "communication between devices in the LAN"?
Have you modified the default configuration?

"from the switch" => in the openWrt network menu there is a list of devices with the speed and it say 100Mbps (and in ubuntu/windows it's that)
i didn't modified the default configuration, i flashed it and then the connection were all at 100mbps.

That 100Mbps is the speed negotiated between the router and the computer connected to it; check that both the computer and the cable can do 1Gbps.

well with the original firmware it works at 1 Gpbs without any problem.

I am thinking of getting this router, too, but the sole purpose of it is 1Gbps switch to configure VLANs. So if it doesn't work there is no point of getting it.
Can someone confirm it  whether it supports VLANs and at 1Gbps?

Hello,
I bought a E1700 and installed OpenWRT and I can confirm that the switch ports are only working at 100Mb/s. It seems that there is a misconfiguration of the MT7530 chip in the drivers.
I tried official chaos calmer for the device, tried latest trunk version too but still the ports are limited to 100Mb/s. You can configure VLANs though.

With the original official firmware the port are working at 1Gb/s with no issue. I think you can configure VLANs too, I can check if someone is interested.

I'm currently trying to figure out what is wrong with the drivers but having never worked with drivers, I'm not sure I'll be able to solve the problem.

I have serial access to the device (J2 header) and can post boot logs, maybe someone more knowledgeable can help.
I also extracted the original firmware and it seems that it is possible to get the original initialization process from it.

Did anyone figure out this issue? Or can give pointers on where to look to get 1Gb/s on LAN ports with VLAN support?

I have a Linksys E1700. The Linksys firmware is:
Firmware Version:     1.0.00, build 81, Dec 20, 2013

After I login to the router, select "Setup", there is "VLAN Setup" next to "Basic Setup". I have never used VLAN, but it maybe what you are looking for.

The discussion might have continued from here.