OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: I'm new. Can you some support to me?

The content of this topic has been archived on 2 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello, i had the chance to install openwrt on HG553, but i preferred roleo on that occasion because essentially the router would only serve as an access point.
But now, I have to work with openwrt 15.01 on a ZIDOO box.
I can access to lucy via web browser inserting ip's box and login as root:
My questions are these:
1) Why i can't share with samba the internal memory of box (this thing make me fool) and instead i can see shared the attached usb devices to box (Disk_sdb1 and Disk_sda)???
i post configuration template hoping for your help

[global]
    netbios name = |NAME| 
    interfaces = |INTERFACES|
    server string = |DESCRIPTION|
    unix charset = |CHARSET|
    workgroup = |WORKGROUP|
    browseable = yes
    deadtime = 30
    encrypt passwords = yes
    enable core files = no
    guest account = nobody
    guest ok = yes
    invalid users = root
    local master = yes
    load printers = no
    map to guest = Bad User
#    max protocol = SMB2
    min receivefile size = 16384
    obey pam restrictions = yes
    os level = |OSLEVEL|
    passdb backend = smbpasswd
    preferred master = yes
    printable = no
    inherit owner = yes
    create mask = 0777
    directory mask = 0777
    force create mode = 0777
    force directory mode = 0777
    security = user
    smb encrypt = disabled
    smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
    syslog = 2
    use sendfile = yes
    max xmit = 65535
    max connections = 8
    dns proxy = no
    writeable = yes
    vfs objects = posixacl
    aio read size = 0
    aio write size = 0
#    strict allocate = yes

2)Is there some method to install jdown on openwrt? i'm looking for about that but i didn't find anything. I understand that Aria2 can't supply jdown's function. Maybe can I consider other equivalent software?

I'm really sorry for my english

I've just basic skill, i try to explain better: i can access to openwrt (that you find yet installed on box) via web. This is openwrt chaos calmer 15.05.1, the webui is LuCi 160627, on the web ui -->user&pswrd-->nas service-->samba--> Here I can see two pages, the firsth:"general option" includes hostname,workgroup,Share home directories=1(that i'm trying to understand for it), shared directories (with two usb attached to the box). What I don't understand is why /home directory of box there isn't shared? Anyway, the second page "edit template" is where i found that configuration i posted, it reportes "Edit the template that is used for generating the samba configuration."...i'm sorry but i tought that it was an easy problem-solve

Ok, as it is written in the manual, perform initial configuration via LuCI. After that add share sda. See config file, section 'sambashare', copy it, append and modify string like /dev/sda to your home directory (see output of mount command).

oook, very thanks for your help because i thing that i said about something wrong/impossible in the box site: in order:

• to estabilish the initial configuration: i think it's already OK, samba is in function like I said

• you are wright:"(see output of mount command) how can I? ."the very great problem is that i don't know and i don't find what is the name of internal memory. If i go to openwrt on ssh i didn't find the classic directory that contains (Android,download,data,etc). I can see on /mnt an "android" directory (besides sda and sdb1 that there are usb) but if entry and get: ls or ls -al i can't see no one of directory of home...

• if I can find out what the name of the internal memory is, I can  modify config file on Luci or i have to connect with terminal and modify manually the samba file conf?

i repeat sorry for my english: speaking in english about some technical affairs it's very difficult for me

EDIT sorry for my third question, i had the answer in the guide you are link me

(Last edited by compostodavide on 28 Sep 2017, 16:51)

I was "studying" the exixtent template and I noted option "Invalid users= root" what does it mean? i login like root-user. In config samba that you have posted, there is an option :"homes"     boolean     no     0     0, 1     Share the user directory . On Luci in general option (samba) page, i have: Share home-directories = 1 (Allow system users to reach their home directories via network shares). Maybe i just have to switch "1" to "0" or I have insert this option "home" in template

i would post an image with response of Mount command but i don't know how i tried to upload in img bb but forum doesn't permit no one link.
so i connect with ubuntu shell: that's it

BusyBox v1.23.2 (2017-05-13 09:27:49 CST) built-in shell (ash)

_______                     ________        __
 |       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
 |   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
 |_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
 -----------------------------------------------------
 CHAOS CALMER (Chaos Calmer, r49053)
  * 1 1/2 oz Gin            Shake with a glassful
  * 1/4 oz Triple Sec       of broken ice and pour
  * 3/4 oz Lime Juice       unstrained into a goblet.
  * 1 1/2 oz Orange Juice
  * 1 tsp. Grenadine Syrup
root@OpenWrt:~# mount
/dev/mmcblk0p9 on /rom type squashfs (ro,noatime)
devtmpfs on /rom/dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,seclabel,size=815112k,nr_inodes=203778,mode=755)
tmpfs on /rom/android type tmpfs (ro,relatime,seclabel)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,seclabel)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,seclabel)
/dev/mmcblk0p10 on /overlay type ext4 (rw,relatime,seclabel,data=ordered)
overlayfs:/overlay on / type overlay (rw,noatime,lowerdir=/,upperdir=/overlay/upper,workdir=/overlay/work)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,seclabel,size=512k,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,seclabel,mode=600,ptmxmode=000)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,noatime,seclabel)
/dev/sdb1 on /mnt/sdb1 type ufsd (rw,noatime,dirsync,nls=utf8,uid=1023,gid=1023,fmask=7,dmask=7,force)
/dev/sda on /mnt/sda type ufsd (rw,noatime,dirsync,nls=utf8,uid=1023,gid=1023,fmask=7,dmask=7,force)
root@OpenWrt:~# 

(Last edited by compostodavide on 28 Sep 2017, 17:58)

It is mounted not in ordinary way, I suggest you not to try to share it via samba...

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/fl … _the_flash

You can try to add section sambashare with path /root, I don't know, whether it will work.

invalid users - list of users, who don't have access to service, it is standard samba option, not connected with OpenWRT. Usually guest user access shares.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders
This documentation does not use the Samba built-in [homes] section that dynamically shares the user's home directory using the \\server\user_name\ path.

Sorry, I am not professional in samba.

(Last edited by ulmwind on 28 Sep 2017, 22:29)

The discussion might have continued from here.