OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WiFi jammer

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Just for curiosity, I would try to use the little A5-V11 as wifi jammer. I've read that the rt5350 is capable of injection, in fact I was able to run aireplay-ng, but it work only on one ap/channel at time. Also tried to run the wifijammer python script, but unfortunately it return that iwconfig wasn't found. Are there other way for jam all the ap/channels?

Install iwconfig.

Iwconfig is already installed but the script still isn't working

Problems with packages should be reported to the package owner. Start here.

@ax I'm in the same situation of yours (trying to use a A5-V11 as a wi-fi jammer).
Were you able to solve the problem at the end?
Thank you in advance!

Running Python takes a lot of RAM.  Little routers with only 32M are unlikely to be suitable.

Even if i have some A5-V11 laying around, ultimately my idea was to try to install the script on a Zsun wifi card reader, which has 64mb of ram ( wiki.openwrt.org/toh/zsun/wifi-card-reader )
I don't know if in this case 64mb would be an adequate amount of memory, still I've already read different reports of people saying that running the the script on openwrt results in the "iwconfig wasn't found" error even if iwconfig is installed

iwconfig has been deprecated for several years.  The scripts should be updated to use iw, which is included in OpenWrt by default.

The script probably isn't using the full path to iwconfig "/usr/sbin/iwconfig"

Yes, that sounds like the possible reason. I'll try and post the result.
Thanks!

The discussion might have continued from here.