1 (edited by ahrasis 2017-08-13 06:49:34)

Topic: DLink LR-N-R2000 (DIR-614-A1)

Hi,

I am current using the above router from my ISP (TMNET) since 2013 and was using the default firmware 1.07TM until recently where I changed it to 1.09OD which I think I obtained it from Singapore DLink.

The source for 1.07 should be available tsd.dlink.com.tw i.e. Taiwan DLink site (under L7 not DIR). It is under a GPL license so I think any developer should be able to modify it freely.

I wish to request for this to be made one of OpenWrt products.

Thank you.

Re: DLink LR-N-R2000 (DIR-614-A1)

That model has a Realtek RTL8196 CPU.  That CPU has not been supported because it is quirky and low-performance, and usually accompanied by Realtek wifi chips which don't have good open-source drivers.  So it would be a major project to port OpenWrt to it.

Well, I am not sure what are your source for that facts and whether that facts are true or otherwise not (since it is clearly GPL license) but I do thank you for your response since it seems to say porting OpenWrt to it is possible.

All I was doing is wished should there is anybody willing to port OpenWrt to it as this L7-N-R2000 product was officially supplied by our national telco in supplying highspeed broadban and I believe that it is still being used by hundred thousands of people in my country.

Our national telco does not provide a free upgrade to other new device unless it is within their two years warranty period and completely not working or broken.

So how major this project is, I think it should be very useful to many of us. I really hope those who are capable of porting OpenWrt to it will have an open mind and attempt to do it for the benefit of many.

Here is discussion about the issue of devices with Realtek / Lexra CPU's:
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=46606
Do you know the memory chip sizes?  Less than 32M RAM and 4M flash is not supportable.

Thanks for the link @mk24. I am not so sure about the flash size but the ram should be 32M. I will read through the said topic and see whether I can gather anything useful.

By the way, can you provide me with a link on how to build/port OpenWrt?