OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Problem flashing ARV752DPW (easybox 802)

The content of this topic has been archived on 5 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,
I screw up flashing my Arcadyan ARV752DPW aka easybox802. It doesn't boot brnboot nor u-boot.
So used uart and send u-boot to RAM.
but now u-boot doesn't support xmodem (loady/loadx/loadb command not recognised), it starts up webserver so I connected it to my laptop vie ehternet and set up ip and submask of my network card but browser can't connect to the webserver.
Tell me, am I doing something wrong? is there a way to transfer u-boot and openwrt to flash now?

The U-boot images built as part of the OpenWRT build process usually support TFTP protocol. Have you tried the 'tftpboot' command while in the bootloader environment? You can use this command to download binary images into the router's RAM memory from a TFTP server that is running on your laptop.

Then use these images to write a working U-boot into the router's flash memory and ensure it can boot correctly on power-on. Carry on with writing a suitable kernel image and a suitable rootfs image into the flash. Configure the U-boot environment so it finds and loads the kernel & rootfs correctly.

The discussion might have continued from here.