OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link Archer MR200

The content of this topic has been archived between 11 Apr 2018 and 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

OK, I got it sorted now.

I got
https://downloads.lede-project.org/snap … pgrade.bin installed
then used ssh to install LuCI (I found that it defaults to user root with no password).

Now it seems to be working great, however the TP-Link modem web interface seems to be the old one even after I restored to mr200_back_to_stock.bin then updated to the latest OEM firmware before re-installing ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin, installing LuCI and upgrading LEDE again (I am getting used to the procedure now).

One of my objectives is to get accurate stats from each device attached to the MR200 by MAC address so that I know exactly how much data each device is using. There is a stats page in the newer OEM firmware that lists each MAC address but I find that this intermittently resets itself so it is not reliable. Now, after installing LEDE, I don't have anything like this stats page from which I can check the stats for each device.
Is there any way to achieve this?

I already monitor bandwidth from the MR200 using Cacti, but can't see any way of getting cumulative data throughput for each device using that either.

Hello, when updating the firmware by tftp of the Archer MR200, the router has stopped working, I have turned it into a brick.
I want to recover it through the serial port, with the hyperterminal of windos, can you tell me how it is done?
Or where to find as of.
I hope you understand, I use an automatic translator.
Thank you

It can also be with putty.
Thank you

I just came here to thank thank you Heinz for the work you put on it!
I followed your instructions closely and it worked / works like a charm.

Running LEDE Reboot 17.01.2 r3435-65eec8bd5f now.

The only thing I noticed so far is that the 3ginfo output does not correspond with the modem's web-UI.
I got one bar out of four on the modem ui (ht tp hmm/ 192 . 168 . 225 . 1) (that's also what the stock firmware gave me), while 3ginfo says

oot@LEDE:~# 3ginfo
Connection time: 0d, 00:53:27
Received / Transmitted data: 51.1 MiB / 34.9 MiB
Operator: A1
Operating mode: LTE
Signal strength: 93%
Device: QUALCOMM INCORPORATED 4087
MCC MNC: - -
LAC: - (-)
CID: - (-)
TAC: - (-)
CSQ: 29
RSSI: -55 dBm
RSCP: - dBm
Ec/IO: - dB
RSRP: - dBm
SINR: - dB
RSRQ: - dB
root@LEDE:~#

My signal strength is no way near 90%.

Anyways, again, mad props for your effort @Heinz

Run:

3ginfo test

and show us output...

(Last edited by obsy on 6 Aug 2017, 16:58)

obsy wrote:

Run:

3ginfo test

and show us output...

I'm sorry the BBCode parser won't let me post the text or the screenshot of the text because of 'too many hyperlinks'

Please find the output here

goo.gl/eTT2Cp

or the screenshot here

goo.gl/DoVSbs

csq: 28

28*100/31 = ~90%...

yes, and the point I was trying to make is that this can't be true.

pre-LEDE (OEM FW): 25% or 1 bar

LEDE ('unlocked' USB Modem Web-UI): 1 bar

3ginfo: 90%.

Something doesn't add up.

(Last edited by tomtom1980 on 6 Aug 2017, 19:09)

Sorry, 3ginfo only interprets data from the modem...

obsy wrote:

Sorry, 3ginfo only interprets data from the modem...

can I somehow manually send the AT commands to the modem, just to make sure?

Yes, use

gcom -d /dev/ttyUSB1 sig

Or install picocom, run and manually write at+csq

(Last edited by obsy on 6 Aug 2017, 19:22)

I don't get it....

Any ideas how this corresponds with 1 bar out of 4 on the modem's UI?

root@LEDE:~# gcom -d /dev/ttyUSB1 sig
Signal Quality: 27,99
obsy wrote:

Yes, use

gcom -d /dev/ttyUSB1 sig

Or install picocom, run and manually write at+csq

root@LEDE:~# picocom -b 115200 /dev/ttyUSB1
picocom v1.7

port is        : /dev/ttyUSB1
flowcontrol    : none
baudrate is    : 115200
parity is      : none
databits are   : 8
escape is      : C-a
local echo is  : no
noinit is      : no
noreset is     : no
nolock is      : no
send_cmd is    : sz -vv
receive_cmd is : rz -vv
imap is        : 
omap is        : 
emap is        : crcrlf,delbs,

Terminal ready
at+csq
+csq: 28,99

OK
at+csq=?
+CSQ: (0-31,99),(0-7,99)

OK

Thanks for using picocom
root@LEDE:~# 

hi
to reach router (on second home) from internet (ip privato)i installed openvpn.
Router openvpn client (on mr200)connect to my first home to openvpn server.

Now from my first home i can reach che router web page, but i cant reach modem web page (192.168.1.225). How i can reach this?

Many thanks

Any help with IPv6?

I've tried to setup the MR200 to use IPv6 but I can't seem to get anywhere. I can get an IPv6 address from my ISP but that only means the external rmnet0 interface in the modem gets an IPv6 address. My fumbling with manual config has gone nowhere and there doesn't seem to be anything on the modem that could do router advertisements or DHCPv6. There's no radvd and dnsmasq is version 2.55 which is too old to support IPv6 except for DNS.

Has anyone had any success with IPv6 on MR200? I guess I could look into building a toolchain for the modem and building a newer dnsmasq or radvd. Hoping for an easier solution... Or does anyone have a toolchain ready that I could have?

Just for future reference, there's a typo in your post @Heinz.

The DMZ IP is 192.168.225.100, gateway is 192.168.225.1, DNS is 192.168.225.1

Heinz wrote:

@polobeast did You try set static IP on WAN interface to:
IP 192.168.225.100
mask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.255.1

dns 192.168.255.1

Modem have enabled DMZ to IP 192.168.255.100

Is there a way to configure the LTE modem itself? The GUI reachable via 192.168.225.1 is pretty crippled, say useless.

tomtom1980 wrote:

Just for future reference, there's a typo in your post @Heinz.

The DMZ IP is 192.168.225.100, gateway is 192.168.225.1, DNS is 192.168.225.1

Funny. I never noticed despite putting those in a bunch of times. I guess I just copied the DMZ IP which is correct and pasted it everywhere, just removing the last two zeros from gateway and DNS...

halucigenia wrote:

I already monitor bandwidth from the MR200 using Cacti, but can't see any way of getting cumulative data throughput for each device using that either.

To reply to myself, as others may be interested:-

I just found a great new monitoring package for LEDE
https://github.com/openwrt/luci/pull/1259

Looks good. I have been struggling to get YAMon running on the MR200 router running LEDE but it is difficult to get that running without a USB drive in the router. I did try to install YAMon to an NFS share without much luck.
I have now re-installed the latest LEDE on the router and installed the nfs client packages.
I have mounted an nfs share manually from the router and set up luci-app-nlbwmon to use the NFS share for the database directory to store the "one file per accounting period" for luci-app-nlbwmon and set "Commit Interval" to "60 s -- commit every minute, useful for non-flash storage" and it seems to be working a treat.

(Last edited by halucigenia on 14 Aug 2017, 11:42)

Dear @marvx,
I am facing the same issue. How did you solve your problem?
Did you leave WAN at static?
Have you done anything to WAN6?
Please share this info, as I already spent days sorting out the issue of port forwarding that doesnt work for me.

marvx wrote:
Heinz wrote:

What kind of IP address do you get from your internet provider? Public or private?

Ur a genius....it worked....

last question:

I want to set up ddns to all inkl.com, which is supported out of the box. but which interface do i need to select to send the public ip instead of the static set one, or do i need an update script for that.

EDIT: fixed it myself. All fine now. Fingers crossed it willl run stable....

(Last edited by tarikod on 28 Aug 2017, 08:19)

Dear @Heinz,
I am having the same issue as Marvx. I set WAN to Static. Should I do anything to WAN6?
Your help will be greatly appreciated, as I am struggling to open ports for some time right now.

Heinz wrote:

What kind of IP address do you get from your internet provider? Public or private?

(Last edited by tarikod on 28 Aug 2017, 08:19)

halucigenia wrote:

I have mounted an nfs share manually from the router

To reply to myself, again, as others may be interested:-

If anyone is struggling to auto-mount an NFS share I found this:-
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php … 31#p349731

It works for me. smile

Hi guys,
It seems that your board has mt7620+mt7610e like Archer C2/C20i, in Archer C2 discussion user yoq has ported mt7610e driver from Padavan project and made it works
You can compile the driver for your kernel, upload on your device and configure over console it should works on your tplink too

Here there are instructions:
forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=347117#p347117

I integrated the driver in the kernel and made it LuCi manageable
forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=365213#p365213

I hope this can help you

Is it possible to enable band LTE cat 2 and 5 in this modem?

(Last edited by koval91 on 24 Oct 2017, 20:01)