OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: No access to LuCI Web Interface on Virtualbox

The content of this topic has been archived on 20 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all,
I'm trying to configure a Virtual setup for testings with Virtualbox (V. 5.1.22 on Windows).
I created an Operwrt (Generic combined x86) machine with two network interfaces, the first as Host-only (to be the LAN) and the second as Bridged (to be the WAN).
Also created an Ubuntu machine with an Network interface as Host-only.
So far I know, both Host-only interfaces will be on the same network (It does not matter that they do not have access to the host for my tests).
With both machines up running, I configured both with fixed IPs (Openwrt with 192.168.1.1 and Ubuntu with 192.168.1.2).
Running "nmap 192.168.1.1 -p 1-80" on Ubuntu, nmap shown only ports 22 and 53 open.
Since 192.168.1.1 are the LAN on OpenWRT, Port 80 should be responding the same way as a real router conected to my notebook with the IP fixed as 192.168.1.2.
What is wrong?
I googled for anyone with the same problem in "all" internet and can't find someone with this problem.
Who can help me?
Thank you in advance

PS: I could not write the complete path of the file, since this forum banned links!!!

Hi,
The problem is SOLVED but a can't write it because it gives a message "Too more links in message. Allowed 0 links. Reduce number of links and post it again", although there is no link in the text
Best,
Eduardo

Since I can not write the solution, look at the configuration file of "u?ttpd" that came with the firmware. It is wrong.

Now I know that the banned word is "u-ttpd" (where - is the letter h). This forum do not accept the correct filename.

The discussion might have continued from here.