OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Dumb AP mess

The content of this topic has been archived on 21 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi, I'm having trouble with the following guide: https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/dumbap

I successfully did that to extend my wifi network, yes, successfully, everything is working as expected with just a minimal problem, I can't connect to LuCI anymore (I also tried SSH, ping, etc)

I believe I have covered all basic stuff, power circle kind of stuff with no success.

My modem (the gateway, has the IP 192.168.0.1) and I reserve and set the 192.168.0.2 to the AP configuration

I want to be able to connect to my modem as I have installed, transmission, minidlna, etc...

I appreciate any help, cheers

(Last edited by wecucho on 25 Jun 2017, 02:27)

To garner any real help you should include the following information:

• Primary device make, model and firmware

• Secondary device make, model and firmware.

• AP config files including network, dhcp, firewall and wireless.

Also do you really have just a modem or do you have a modem\router combo or separate modem and router?

Im sorry, I mean modem/router, answering your questions

• Primary: arris modem tg2492lg
• TP Link WDR3600 running OpenWRT Chaos
• I can't get this as I can't connect again to the Router

Thanks for your reply

However, the IP I configured was 192.168.0.2 on the LAN interface, I turned off the firewall and the DHCP is off on that interface.

Cheers

Are you connecting the Arris to the WDR3600 LAN port (correct) or WAN port (Incorrect)?

Yes, I'm using the first LAN port to connect the modem with the router.

This is really rare to me, I'm using a network scanner app (Fing) and I see all my devices (even those behind the WDR3600) with the correct IP 192.168.0.xxx but not the WDR3600 itself

wecucho wrote:

This is really rare to me, I'm using a network scanner app (Fing) and I see all my devices (even those behind the WDR3600) with the correct IP 192.168.0.xxx but not the WDR3600 itself

I've had that happen. Usually it's because I forget to turn on the web interface or assign a fixed IP.

Obviously the device is there. However if it's misconfigured via Luci you might have to start over.

Smarter than me people reside here so listen to them first.

Thanks for your help, I have already started over since I get to the same conclusion. Cheers

The discussion might have continued from here.