OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Zyxel NBG 416N - I know it works, but can't find solution anymore xD

The content of this topic has been archived on 20 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hey folks,

just came back to the OpenWrt community after a couple years of being lazy with my routers.

Recent hacking attempts made it desirable to get my old routers re-flashed with clean opensource firmware...

The TP Link is well supported and not a problem, but I can't effing find the solution for the Zyxel anymore.

I remember it was sort of a workaround (image from 419N worked or something like that), and I remember seeing a Gargoyle build specifically for the 416N it from some Polish dude, but can't find any of it any more.  (3 years is a long time on the Interwebz... lol).

Anyone here has this little thing working with current OpenWrt releases and/or would be patient enough to point me into the right direction?

Much appreciated.

In any case, newer kernels / builds are too big for the device's 16MB RAM.  Consider one of the GL.Inet or a TL-WR741 as a suitable replacement light-duty router that is well supported.

DAAAAAAAMN - I knew I should have saved that one working Gargoyle image, even if it was in Polish, lol...

Because it DID work back then, unsupported or not xD

Anyways, thanks for the replies, guess I'll have to find a suitable replacement (difficult in Paraguay, very limited choices re hardware... )

cheers

The discussion might have continued from here.