OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Help Archer C50 bricked

The content of this topic has been archived on 28 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello friends,

When trying to install the new firmware of the router TP-LINK archer C50, something has happened and it does not turn on anymore, it only lights up the red internet LED and nothing else, I have no answer on the network ports, and no ping. Wanted to know how to re-write the router's firmware, what am I going to need to buy?

All help and welcome and thanks to all for the help

https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/ar … e-bricking

You used that method, right?

Recovery mode write u-Boot and firmware to adress 0x00000000 on flash. So if you used openwrt image, uboot was erased and the router is permanently bricked. The only way out is to re-program the flash chip using a SPI flash programmer, download the firmware from the tplink site, then download dd and run dd if=fw.bin of=uboot.bin skip=512 bs=1 count=64k in the folder where you saved the firmware(rename the firmware to fw.bin), use the SPI flash programmer to write the generated uboot.bin to adress 000000-010000 on the flash(but don't erase the whole flash, only the first 64kb of it - 000000-010000 hex), then use the TFTP method carefully to re-write the firmware,

(Last edited by user5077 on 21 May 2017, 08:39)

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

i use tufts method, but after that, router no more boot up, and now i don't have any response for try holding reset+power on only red lifts for "internet" ler flash

Read again, TFTP/serial will NOT work, because bootloader is dead, you could only use a SPI programmer to reflash it. Otherwise, throw away the router as there's no other way out.

user5077 wrote:

Read again, TFTP/serial will NOT work, because bootloader is dead, you could only use a SPI programmer to reflash it. Otherwise, throw away the router as there's no other way out.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for my bad english, I tried to use a SPI USB CH341A to record a new Flash Bios for my router, I used the factory file (Archer C50v1_0.9.1_1.0_up_boot (150325) _2015-03- 25_14.03.35.bin) but the router continued to display the standard of the video I posted.

If it is possible to orient me once more, and inform me where I am wrong, since I thank you for the help, I live in Brazil, and information is not easy to find, and this is a high price router and is less than 3 months old .

Grato Guedes,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLgRpnjwutQ

The discussion might have continued from here.