OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Two Antennas

The content of this topic has been archived on 18 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello guys, I'm from Brazil and I'm using it for the first time OPEN-WRT, and I had a doubt. my router is a TP-LINK of two antennas, so apparently he has two NICs. but only one is transmitting. How could I transmit using the two antennae the same SSID and the same network. because an antenna would be pointed to one side, and the other antenna would be pointed in another direction. Thanks guys:)

A modern 802.11n router has one NIC using up to 3 antennas simultaneously for better reliability and speed.  This is called "MIMO."

In WiFi mode has: Access point, 802.11 s, ad-hoc, but not the MIME option appears

MIMO is built into the chip and driver as a core feature.  It is always on.  You don't need to select it.

KKKKK, like I said, it's my first time. I was frightened when I could create multiple WiFi networks, so I thought every network would occupy an antenna. So it's just I leave a broadcast that it will be transmitted by the two antennas? Thanks smile

The discussion might have continued from here.