OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: tew-818dru

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I could only find an old topic that didn't really answer the question of whether openwrt was possible on this router.  I currently have dd-wrt running on it fine, but have recently discovered the bliss of openwrt since having to put it on another router dd-wrt was giving me nightmares over.

Unit has BCM4708A CPU and BCM4360 radios.

Thanks,

WWTK

ram is 128mb
flash is 16mb

As I said, i have dd-wrt running on it so perhaps I can get further info if needed.

I really like the command line uci interface and the more "linuxy" filesystem and init.d structure in openwrt it just feels more like home and I like to be able to vi the files myself, add scripts easily and whatnot.

I'm willing to dig and find whatever is needed.

As far as the wifi goes, its working fine now, does openwrt have specific issues with broadcom hardware?

Thanks very much for the reply

(Last edited by WWTK on 18 May 2017, 17:36)

well the drivers are all available and fully functional not really sure what you intended I gain from that link?

I'm guessing that since there was only one other request for this device there probably isn't going to be a anyone wanting to spend much time in building the firmware for it.  If that's the case no problem I understand, but hey it doesn't hurt to ask.

WWTK

The discussion might have continued from here.