OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TL-WA901ND V4 - Luci Installation

The content of this topic has been archived on 20 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

I flashed OpenWrt to my TP-Link AP. All works well and my device is already configured although I wanted to install Luci so that I can access the device through the web interface.

I have connection to the internet and the download goes well yet when it tries to open any file on the device I get the "Read-only file system error"

I installed the correct firmware through the TP-Link web interface.

I tried to copy and past my terminal printout here although I cannot post that for some reason

Please help

EDIT: My firmware is a snapshot

(Last edited by gcvanasel on 17 May 2017, 20:50)

That model has only a 4 MB flash chip.  There isn't space to flash a trunk build then install LuCI later.  If you want LuCI, flash a release build, or build yourself.  Putting files in the squashfs root that is part of the original flash image compresses them more than in the jffs2 that is used to add files later.

(Last edited by mk24 on 17 May 2017, 21:30)

Thanks mk24,

I realised that it was a space limitation after I posted the thread. I see that Hostle has a build that contains Luci although it doesn't seem like he is very active anymore and I need access to his site.

I will try and build my own image yet can I use the trunk as a base or not?

The discussion might have continued from here.