OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link Archer MR200

The content of this topic has been archived between 11 Apr 2018 and 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

or do i have to set wan6 interface to same values as well?

What kind of IP address do you get from your internet provider? Public or private?

Heinz wrote:

What kind of IP address do you get from your internet provider? Public or private?

Ur a genius....it worked....

last question:

I want to set up ddns to all inkl.com, which is supported out of the box. but which interface do i need to select to send the public ip instead of the static set one, or do i need an update script for that.

EDIT: fixed it myself. All fine now. Fingers crossed it willl run stable....

(Last edited by marvx on 19 Apr 2017, 08:31)

So im back again....after a few days the WIFI gets inop. It wont let any Client connect. And even after reboot, the WIFI stops working after a few hrs. Are there any suggestions on that?

Thank you
marvx

lordcapy wrote:

I got a MR200 from an ISP on Spain (AC750 Wireless Dual Band 4G LTE Router
Archer MR200, it's the official name)

The ISP is using their own firmware on the router, named FlyBox (but the hardware is just the same, it's the official router from TPLink), and it really sux (full of bugs, etc)

I want to put at first stock firmware from TP-Link, I downloaded it from official web and removed the header of tplink and the lte firmware, I got a file of 8000 kb (bootloader 128kb + firmware 7872kb).

Tried to flash by tftp (because via web, the flybox software won't allow to do that), but it just tries to get the file until 10 retries and then starts to boot normal.

Thanks!

Hello everyone

I am in the same situation as you and I already know how to connect to the router and send the file: 'ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin'.
The doubt I have is how to build the file 'ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin' with the files (bootloader 128kb + firmware 7872kb).
Could you provide more information on how this operation is performed or would it be possible to download this file already mounted?

Thank you.

(Last edited by supercoco on 3 May 2017, 18:54)

lordcapy wrote:

The ISP is using their own firmware on the router, named FlyBox (but the hardware is just the same, it's the official router from TPLink), and it really sux (full of bugs, etc)

I want to put at first stock firmware from TP-Link, I downloaded it from official web and removed the header of tplink and the lte firmware, I got a file of 8000 kb (bootloader 128kb + firmware 7872kb).

Tried to flash by tftp (because via web, the flybox software won't allow to do that), but it just tries to get the file until 10 retries and then starts to boot normal.

Log from tftp server:

accepting requests..
Open TFTP Server MultiThreaded Version 1.64 Windows Built 2001

starting TFTP...
alias / is mapped to C:\OpenTFTPServer\
permitted clients: all
server port range: all
max blksize: 65464
default blksize: 512
default timeout: 3
file read allowed: Yes
file create allowed: No
file overwrite allowed: No
thread pool size: 1
detecting Interfaces..
Listening On: 127.0.0.1:69
Listening On: 192.168.0.66:69
Client 192.168.1.1:1040 C:\OpenTFTPServer\ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin, Timeout

Log from router (with serial cable connected to the board):

ETH_STATE_ACTIVE!!
TFTP from server 192.168.0.66; our IP address is 192.168.1.1
Filename 'ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin'.

TIMEOUT_COUNT=10,Load address: 0x80060000
Loading: Got ARP REPLY, set server/gtwy eth addr (70:4d:7b:85:85:de)
Got it
T T T T T T T T T T
Retry count exceeded; starting again
## Booting image at bc020000 ...
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

I tried many tftp servers on 3 diferent pc's, is not firewall problem or something, I think also the software from ISP is protecting to make this.

Also when router boots, from putty via serial it says:

Archer MR200 login:

I can log in with user "admin" and pass "1234"

My question is, what I can do to flash bootloader and firmware, any ideas?

Thanks!

I am one to the request, I have the same problem I have managed to move from openwrt to firmware tp link 160412, some tutorial to modify the firmware?

Helpppppp

mebarak wrote:
lordcapy wrote:

Log from tftp server:

accepting requests..
Open TFTP Server MultiThreaded Version 1.64 Windows Built 2001

starting TFTP...
alias / is mapped to C:\OpenTFTPServer\
permitted clients: all
server port range: all
max blksize: 65464
default blksize: 512
default timeout: 3
file read allowed: Yes
file create allowed: No
file overwrite allowed: No
thread pool size: 1
detecting Interfaces..
Listening On: 127.0.0.1:69
Listening On: 192.168.0.66:69

Log from router (with serial cable connected to the board):

ETH_STATE_ACTIVE!!
TFTP from server 192.168.0.66; our IP address is 192.168.1.1
Filename 'ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin'.

TIMEOUT_COUNT=10,Load address: 0x80060000
Loading: Got ARP REPLY, set server/gtwy eth addr (70:4d:7b:85:85:de)
Got it
T T T T T T T T T T
Retry count exceeded; starting again
## Booting image at bc020000 ...
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

I tried many tftp servers on 3 diferent pc's, is not firewall problem or something, I think also the software from ISP is protecting to make this.

Also when router boots, from putty via serial it says:

Archer MR200 login:

I can log in with user "admin" and pass "1234"

My question is, what I can do to flash bootloader and firmware, any ideas?

Thanks!

I am one to the request, I have the same problem I have managed to move from openwrt to firmware tp link 160412, some tutorial to modify the firmware?

Hey Mebarak & Lordcapy,
Im in the same situation with custom Orange Flybox firmware on the MR200.
Main reason for changing firmware is to use modem on a different network since moving to another country. It seems you have some success in connecting with stock TP-Link firmware (or LEDE, im not sure). Did this work with another sim/network?

I manage to flash LEDE from Heinz (btw thanks for that .bin !!) and log into LTE modem GUI. The system is now reading sim from other network (before flybox only gives error incorrect sim). So its connecting to 4G network, but no WAN connection is established. I tried with 3 different networks (the sim's all work in mobile phone). I figure its something with LEDE and some settings still in LTE modem firmware?

Then i used Heinz recovery.bin to flash to TP-Link stock firmware (160412). Not sure if this is also flashing the LTE modem's firmware (doesnt look like it?)
Anyway TP-Link firmware works, but still same problem - it recognizes sim, gives 4G signal strength, but cannot connect WAN. I tried every possible APN setting from provider.

The TP-Link interface has very limited settings (APN, static/dynamic, username, pass & authentication). There is no port selection, dialup number, server settings etc.

My feeling is the network (Orange) is locked down on the LTE modem firmware. Some way with LEDE to patch the firmware or see why the sim is connected but not getting internet?
Or these networks have blocked all IEMI numbers from devices customized from other networks?

Anyone have any luck with trying to open up Orange Flybox MR200 to non-Orange networks?
Thanks!

@Alphadam if You have stock firmware from my back_to_stock.bi. Now You can try update firmware to latest stock firmware with update modem firmware.

Heinz wrote:

@Alphadam if You have stock firmware from my back_to_stock.bi. Now You can try update firmware to latest stock firmware with update modem firmware.

@Heinz thanks, I should mention I did try to update with newer stock firmware from tp-link after recovery version - it didn't allow it (uploads firmware but error message Incorrect firmware). Maybe it has to do with version/region? This model is MR200 (EU) on original 'custom' firmware (and the update firmware i tried is also EU version).
Is your recovery .bin 160402 based on US? Because I have no idea why it would reject stock firmware update when it's already on 160402 stock?

I have updated to official LEDE release, I will try to put stock again and test upgrade, maybe I can try with other region version?

In your .bin compile for LEDE Did you remove the LTE modem section? I wonder if there is sim-lock on modem?

Thanks for all the help!!

So I have tried again and I have the same problem.
From LEDE I can load @Heinz stock firmware. Modem is connecting on 4G LTE network, but status is: "disconnected" and wan ip 0.0.0.0

It is impossible to load any other firmware from to-link (I get error 500 / unknown error).
It looks like the GUI is not really uploading the .bin
I notice in some other settings the GUInis not responding well.

@Heinz is there any way to make a back to stock .bin (for LEDE) with the most recent firmware? It seems from LEDE is the only way to update firmware... I don't understand have tried every firmware possible.

I also noticed on LEDE when i log in LTE modem GUI the problem is the same. Good 4G signal but WAN disconnected. My APN is correct, sim works on phone.

Alphadam wrote:

So I have tried again and I have the same problem.
From LEDE I can load @Heinz stock firmware. Modem is connecting on 4G LTE network, but status is: "disconnected" and wan ip 0.0.0.0

It is impossible to load any other firmware from to-link (I get error 500 / unknown error).
It looks like the GUI is not really uploading the .bin
I notice in some other settings the GUInis not responding well.

@Heinz is there any way to make a back to stock .bin (for LEDE) with the most recent firmware? It seems from LEDE is the only way to update firmware... I don't understand have tried every firmware possible.

I also noticed on LEDE when i log in LTE modem GUI the problem is the same. Good 4G signal but WAN disconnected. My APN is correct, sim works on phone.

I join the request

Alphadam wrote:

I can make back_to_stock with latest stock firmware, but this not include modem firmware.

@Alphadam or @mebarak can we make backup of two mtd partition? I compare it with my dump. Maybe here is problem.

On lede or stock firmware use command:
dd if=/dev/mtd3 of=/tmp/mtd3.bin
dd if=/dev/mtd4 of=/tmp/mtd4.bin

then copy files /tmp/mtd3/4.bin to pc
on LEDE use winscp
on stock FW copy this file using TFTP ( use server on PC) and use command:
tftp -p -l /tmp/mtd3.bin -r mtd3.bin 192.168.1.X
tftp -p -l /tmp/mtd4.bin -r mtd4.bin 192.168.1.X

share this files on filesharing site like mega.nz, googledrive, dropbox etc.

Ok thanks! I'm gonna take a look at this.
Are the commands for use in SSH/Putty? I'm not familiar with this, but will check out the wiki.

Alphadam wrote:

Ok thanks! I'm gonna take a look at this.
Are the commands for use in SSH/Putty? I'm not familiar with this, but will check out the wiki.

Yes enter this command on Putty/SSH when use LEDE or Putty/serial on stock firmware.

I do not have any problem with the modem, I just wanted to update the firmware stock, some tutorial to remove the header and the firmware of the modem?
I want to create a back_to_stock with the latest version of firmware stock, seems to be the only way to update the latest version of TP LINK

marvx wrote:

So im back again....after a few days the WIFI gets inop. It wont let any Client connect. And even after reboot, the WIFI stops working after a few hrs. Are there any suggestions on that?

Thank you
marvx

Any suggestions anyone?

Thx

I have managed to remove the last firmware from Tp link the boot and the firmware of the modem and I installed it, but it still does not let me update through the web, it is missing something to be 100% tp link, when I get the usb ttl That I have asked will look that more can be done.

Here I leave the last firmware of tp link with date 05/09/16 without boot and without firmware of the modem

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-z4k … 2l5SDQtRkU

(Last edited by mebarak on 22 May 2017, 21:37)

Heinz wrote:

@Deam nope. MR200 has MT7610N wifi chipset and it is not supported by Openwrt/LEDE.

TP-Link have released a GPL bundle for this router. I've done a quick search for mt7610 and found this directory:

GPL_Archer_MR200/Router/mtk_ApSoC_4120/linux-2.6.36.x/drivers/net/wireless/MT7610_ap

However it seems to contain an already compiled kernel module MT7610_ap.ko and no source! Is this possibly a violation of the GPL in some way? Shouldn't they be required to provide source for all kernel modules?

If so, can we prod them to include it so it could be ported to Openwrt/LEDE?

mebarak wrote:

I have managed to remove the last firmware from Tp link the boot and the firmware of the modem and I installed it, but it still does not let me update through the web, it is missing something to be 100% tp link, when I get the usb ttl That I have asked will look that more can be done.

Here I leave the last firmware of tp link with date 05/09/16 without boot and without firmware of the modem

Hey Mebarak,
Cool, thanks for this! I want to give this a try, not sure it will update the modem though?
But I understand the newer firmware has better options for connecting on different networks.
How are you installing this? First recovery/LEDE from Heinz then use this as a back_to_stock.bin? Or are you using inside TP-Link firmware as update?

@Heinz: I haven't had time to do SSH/Putty, hopefully on Sunday I can take a look.
Thanks guys!

(Last edited by Alphadam on 25 May 2017, 14:14)

Hello again. Since i got no help within 1 month, i tried to find my wlan issue myself.
What i found is a line in kernel and  system log:

ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_write_tx_frame: Error - Dropping frame due to full tx queue 2

and in addition:

kern.err kernel: [ 2791.828786] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_write_tx_frame: Error - Arrived at non-free entry in the non-full queue 2
Sun Jun  4 20:03:59 2017 kern.err kernel: [ 2791.828786] Please file bug report to http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com

does anyone know about this?

thx

(Last edited by marvx on 4 Jun 2017, 19:12)

I've managed to install LEDE on my MR200. Works fine but I've noticed none of the settings for the modem part survive a reboot. So password resets to default and also the "dial-up settings" use defaults from my telco. Which work but I've been experimenting with IPv6 and maybe eventually use it if I can get it to work but if the modem part resets to defaults after a reboot, well, it's not going to be much fun since the default config is IPv4 only.

OK, So I have followed the instructions on post #41
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php … 80#p342280
Flashed ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin using FTP
Logged into http://192.168.225.1/login.html
And I see what looks like a TP-Link web interface different from the one that was originally on the MR200.

The web interface has the following menus on the left hand side of the Advanced page:-
Dial-up
Wireless
DHCP Server
Data Settings
Storage Sharing
Device

Is this what I should expect to see?

Now I want to see if I can get back to the stock firmware so that I know that I can recover if needed.

Do I FTP mr200_back_to_stock.bin using that file downloaded from Heinz?

After that the next step that I want to do is to go to the latest LEDE - how do achieve this?
Flash to ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin using FTP again?

Then what?

I see 'Device>Firmware Update' in the Advanced page on the web interface after I Flashed ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin using FTP the first time.
Do I select "Update via the local server" and point it to where I downloaded https://downloads.lede-project.org/rele … pgrade.bin to?

no no no!!!
http://192.168.225.1/login.html  is address to configure only 3G/LTE modem inside mr200 router.

You install LEDE to Router not modem.
To configure router use address http://192.168.1.1/
use system - backup/flash firmware to restore oem firmware.

Thanks Heinz "To configure router use address http://192.168.1.1/ "
Was what I was missing. I just did not know where the LEDE interface was.
From http://192.168.1.1/ use 'system - backup/flash firmware' (that will be within LEDE not the TP-Link modem web interface) to restore oem firmware makes sense now.
Also I guess I use ttp://192.168.1.1/ 'system - backup/flash firmware' and point it to where I downloaded https://downloads.lede-project.org/rele … pgrade.bin to upgrade LEDE.

I am sure that these steps must be in the thread somewhere, but collecting them together in one post or a wiki might be a good idea.