OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Unable to Failsafe on Linksys EA4500

The content of this topic has been archived on 3 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I just flashed the Linksys EA4500 I have (or had) to OpenWRT and everything was working without any issues. Like an idiot, I deleted all interfaces without noticing and now the router has no IP address to connect to.

I tried following the steps on the documentation here to start failsafe but it is not working for me at all. When the Linksys gets powered on, it blinks slowly for a few seconds, then super fast for two seconds and a little slower again for a few seconds.

I tried pressing (and holding too) both the WPS and Reset buttons (separately and also at the same time) but the LED never blinked any faster and the device never got reset.

Is there something else I can try before ordering a new router?

When your router is powering on and the Green light starts to blink (at least on my E3200) press and hold the WPS and don't let go until the light starts fast blinking, then you can follow the remaining procedure to reset your router. The other method is to open the case use USB serial connection, you should be able to find documentation on recovery.

The discussion might have continued from here.