OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: wpa_supplicant support

The content of this topic has been archived on 5 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

I need wpa_supplicant to be enabled in openwrt. kindly share the steps.

Which openWRT version you are using?? wpa_supplicant is by-default enabled in OpenWRT .. Did you compiled it on your own or are you using a pre-compiled image?

Hi,
We compiled it on our own, while "make menuconfig" shows wpa_supplicant but it was not enabled. I tried to compile for the module but the compilation did not happen. Kindly help. also, It says version number is "v1.19.4".

I have a router running on Openwrt. It is currently working as Accesspoint with interface UAP0, I need to configure this to Client (STA mode). I dont see wpa_supplicant at the backend to support this. I tried making the changes given in openwrt.org webpage but is of no use. could anybody help me with it?! I have no clue if my router is AP only or AP+STA. Kindly help.

ashu.b2015 wrote:

Hi,
We compiled it on our own, while "make menuconfig" shows wpa_supplicant but it was not enabled. I tried to compile for the module but the compilation did not happen. Kindly help. also, It says version number is "v1.19.4".

What do you mean by "Compilation did not happen", did it show any error ??
Which router do you have??
Also, paste your /etc/config/wireless, /etc/config/network and /etc/config/firewall.

Hi,

compilation did not show any error, It is in block state. I will send you config files shortly

The discussion might have continued from here.