OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TL-WA901ND v4 suport

The content of this topic has been archived between 24 Feb 2018 and 25 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello Hostle19, I registered at wire-wrt to gain acces to the bin files with LUCI, aslo under the name thibaultfouq.

I installed a factory bin without luci and i cannot install the package due to lack of space.
How can i reinstall your bin on the device which includes LUCI?

Thanks in advance

thibaultfouq wrote:

Hello Hostle19, I registered at wire-wrt to gain acces to the bin files with LUCI, aslo under the name thibaultfouq.

I installed a factory bin without luci and i cannot install the package due to lack of space.

Thanks in advance

Be advised that i am an absolute novice . I did the task out of the need to make it work ;

using a windows machine , i downloaded the sysupgrade image that user borromini uploaded (link in page 2, post 37)

also downloaded PuTTy and WinSCP (both free)

connected using PuTTy via ethernet cable , SSH to ip 192.168.1.1

user root , password empty, assigned new password with passwd command

with winscp , set protocol to SCP, Ip 192.168.1.1, user root, password the password you assigned

with winscp transferred the sysupgrade image from my hard disk to /tmp directory in AP , then run from putty :

sysupgrade -v /tmp/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa901nd-v4-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

wait ...and voila, you have LuCi

argenrouter wrote:
thibaultfouq wrote:

Thanks in advance

Be advised that i am an absolute novice . I did the task out of the need to make it work ;

using a windows machine , i downloaded the sysupgrade image that user borromini uploaded (link in page 2, post 37)

also downloaded PuTTy and WinSCP (both free)

connected using PuTTy via ethernet cable , SSH to ip 192.168.1.1

user root , password empty, assigned new password with passwd command

with winscp , set protocol to SCP, Ip 192.168.1.1, user root, password the password you assigned

with winscp transferred the sysupgrade image from my hard disk to /tmp directory in AP , then run from putty :

sysupgrade -v /tmp/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa901nd-v4-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

wait ...and voila, you have LuCi

Thanks for the reply. I got my v4 running with Luci now! (bin from hostle19)
I did everything in SSH, and downloaded the .bin sysupgrade file with luci from my own ftp server (thought that was the easiest solution)

Hello guys! Need help...

I have a TL-WA901 ND v4  and I want to make it work as a wifi marketing tool with a pop up website that will be showed when the user log in the internet. So...

1 - I updated the firmware in openwrt homepage Techdata: TP-Link TL-WA901ND v4
2- After that I cant have connection 192.168.1.1 to see the manager openwrt window...
3- So I try to access using putty.. no way.. give me to much errors of conection and cant install Luci
4- Now i am trying to go back...to access the manager window of tp link and its is imposible... tried to reset the machine and no result...

Is it posible to recover factory information after update the firmware?

Thanks!

wziotto wrote:

Hello guys! Need help...

I have a TL-WA901 ND v4  and I want to make it work as a wifi marketing tool with a pop up website that will be showed when the user log in the internet. So...

2- After that I cant have connection 192.168.1.1 to see the manager openwrt window...
3- So I try to access using putty.. no way.. give me to much errors of conection and cant install Luci
4- Now i am trying to go back...to access the manager window of tp link and its is imposible... tried to reset the machine and no result...

Thanks!

Connect the acces point to your pc and set your ip to 192.168.1.2 and the default gateway to 192.168.1.1.
Ssh should work.

wziotto wrote:

Hello guys! Need help...

Thanks!

What kind of "connection errors" did you get ? Can you list them ?

Hi Hostle, i have subscribe to allready and need permissions to to download. THX

Dear hostle19 - could you please give access to the bins?
Username is lofinko1983
Thanks in advance

Hello hostle19,

can you also provide access for user mr.sarge78? Thank you!

Could you please give me download access as well? User de____Frons

PM me your username at the site and I will add you.

Hello,
Here, you can download the latest build of OpenWrt for the WA901ND v4.
LuCi is included. Everything works fine.

However, I use this two options :
        option wpa_group_rekey '0'
        option disassoc_low_ack '0'

But with these options, Luci doesn't reconize anymore the wifi interface, even if the wireless work fine.
Edit : Sorry I can't post here the link for the image : send me a message instead.

HI , I have registered on the forum, please approve me to download...

iraklish25

good job, but i can't install LuCi.

for Hostle, could you give me the access to your Bins on your forum?i've already registered with the same account (spartacus85)

thanks a liot

hostle19 wrote:

I have to manually approve each registration .... to ward off the spammers and the bots. You should be able to login and download the files now

Hi hostle19, I tried to sign-up to fire-wrt last year under the ID andrewosbo, but as yet have not been approved for the site. I have a 901nd v4 AP and was hoping to be able to install your CC software version to get me around the fact that my AP has the "EU" software on it. Will your software allow me to install CC on my new 901nd v4? Can I have access to your site please?

hostle19 wrote:

PM me your username at the site and I will add you.

dear Hostle

I sent you a request to get an approval on your website username sebitop3131

thanks for your support

BR

sebastien

ajosborne wrote:
hostle19 wrote:

I have to manually approve each registration .... to ward off the spammers and the bots. You should be able to login and download the files now

Hi hostle19, I tried to sign-up to fire-wrt last year under the ID andrewosbo, but as yet have not been approved for the site. I have a 901nd v4 AP and was hoping to be able to install your CC software version to get me around the fact that my AP has the "EU" software on it. Will your software allow me to install CC on my new 901nd v4? Can I have access to your site please?

Pm me at the site and I will add you... this thread should be closed

Hello there, well I have a problem with my TL-WA901ND v4. I think it is bricked!

I used this link of (I am not allowed to post links, remove the space between htt & ps in the following link)

htt ps://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/generic/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa901nd-v4-squashfs-factory.bin

to install OpenWRT on my TL-WA901ND v4 and was installed succesfully but without web interface, only ssh on 22. Then, I installed LuCI but as you know, there was not enough space for it to install properly.
If only I had noticed the links of hostle19 in the first time, I surely would avoid this problem. After that, I managed to restore the original tp-link firmware with the mtd command and , you know, I saw the line error of " [e]Failed to erase block"

From this point, my router is bricked with power LED constantly on and the others looping with flashing ON for 2 seconds, and then OFF for 3 seconds. I can't also ping it or see it via LAN because the network adapter icon has a red "X" if you know what I mean (bottom-right in windows toolbar). I tried TFTP recovery with my ip set as 192.168.0.66 and 192.168.1.100 , but without luck.

My question is can TFTP recovery works when the computer cannot see it like I described above? Or my only solution is to go serial?

(Last edited by xngalanis on 10 May 2017, 10:40)

Hi hostle19,

Please grant me access on fire-wrt.com my user name: gcvanasel!

Hi hostle19,

I managed to replace my bricked TL-WA901ND v4 with a new one (EU) version, without spending anything! They probably didn't consider it as bricking but as an initial faulty problem.

Can you please give me access on fire-wrt.com to download your bins? I can't receive any e-mail of completing registration.

Username: xngalanis7

(Last edited by xngalanis on 19 May 2017, 09:00)

ishtiaqaj wrote:
vilpalu wrote:
hostle19 wrote:

Here is the links for the tp-wa901nd-v4 bins on my site...

CC branch
http://fire-wrt.com/forums/showthread.p … ;p=3#post3

DD branch
http://fire-wrt.com/forums/showthread.p … =21#post21

cheers

nice, but I cant download images from links.

its been more than a month to register with fire-wirt forum but still not git approval from the admin... to download or post reply...

#Hostle 19

You need to pm me at the site.. I have no idea what you used for a username when you registered but I have no record of a registration with your username used here...

For anyone else that wants to register at my site please pm me at my site and ask nicely to be added and I will add your account. I will not answer inquiries for my site in this thread any longer! This thread has long run its course and should be closed.

Hostle

hostle19 wrote:
ishtiaqaj wrote:
vilpalu wrote:

nice, but I cant download images from links.

with all respect i am unable to send message even
my user is ishtiaq004

its been more than a month to register with fire-wirt forum but still not git approval from the admin... to download or post reply...

#Hostle 19

You need to pm me at the site.. I have no idea what you used for a username when you registered but I have no record of a registration with your username used here...

my user is ishtiaqaj004

please approve. thanks