OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: installing openwrt windows 10

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello guys,
i know its looks repeated post, but i really got lost while trying to add openwrt vm in virtualbox.
i followed a topic here called: how to run the OpenWrt x86 port in virtualbox

but i am still getting the same massage:

GRUB loading please wait
press any key to continue

then i cant do any thing, i downloaded the last version of virtualbox and added the extension pack.
i used linux/ other linux 32 and then tryied other linux 64

i am running Windows10 64 bit, but never used virtualbox before.

if there is any topic for this issue please refer to it.

Thanks

Sorry, do you want to reference what guide you were using and version of Openwrt you were trying to install? That would probably help us quite a bit. There are really a lot of different ways of doing virtualization.. One thing that comes to mind with problems like these is compatibility with drive types. You may want to try basically removing the virtual drive from the virtual Sata controller and trying to attach it instead to a virtual IDE controller. That can sometimes help with grub boot issues.

A good spot to just start on though would probably be just confirming that the IMG you are using for this has the same MD5/SHA256 sum as what is listed on the server. To do this in windows 10, you can shift-right-click in the folder where you have the original downloaded image and then click on "open command window here". After that, type in CertUtil -hashfile filename.tar.gz MD5 . If the MD5 sum generated doesn't match the md5sum listed on the server you'll know you have a corrupt download.

Hello hackeritalics

i used: VirtualBox-5.1.16-113841-Win and tried VDI image: openwrt-x86-generic-combined-ext4

the controller already IDE primary master.

also to test the MD5 sum, the image ext must be VID or VMDK as said in the article, not tar.gz

wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/virtualbox

if there is any suggestions please.

thanks

Hello

i got the MD5 sum after doing the process on the file:
openwrt-15.05.1-x86-generic-combined-ext4.img.gz and i got it.
now how to find the MD5 of the server listed?

The problem SOLVED!!

thanks alot, it was wrong disk image.

OH! haha Well that's good! big_smile

Just so you know, if you are wanting to find an MD5sum of one of the openwrt files, they are generaly in the same place you downloaded the Image. So bassically, if your link says
www . filehost . com / openwrt-xx.xx.x.img.gz then the md5sum file would be under www . filehost . com / . I hope that helps in the future!

PS: I hope that this wasn't considered against the rules kind Mods of the forum. ^^;;  I didn't post any actual links..

The discussion might have continued from here.