OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Doubt regarding Linksys wrt54g and capwap

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I am planning to buy the opensource router linksys wrt54g and install with OpenWRT and use it as an access point.
Does it come with a CAPWAP support (or) do i have to integrate the capwap opensource code into this router???? so that it can talk to capwap based controller as well as 802.11 laptop.Please help me regarding this issue.

I am new to this forum, i do not know this is the right place to ask this question??

tkchaitanya wrote:

I am planning to buy the opensource router linksys wrt54g and install with OpenWRT and use it as an access point.
Does it come with a CAPWAP support (or) do i have to integrate the capwap opensource code into this router???? so that it can talk to capwap based controller as well as 802.11 laptop.Please help me regarding this issue.

I am new to this forum, i do not know this is the right place to ask this question??

Is it possible to integrate CAPWAP opensource code to a router??
I have just started a study on CAPWAP. Could you please explain me what this CAPWAP opensource code is!
Thanks in advance,
Tejaswini

ktjr wrote:
tkchaitanya wrote:

Is it possible to integrate CAPWAP opensource code to a router?

If you had the source code that has not been ported to OpenWRT yet, you certainly are welcome to port it to OpenWRT so that it can be used on any supported devices.

The discussion might have continued from here.