OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: [SOLVED] Help TL-WDR3500 bricked caused by a config mistake

The content of this topic has been archived on 24 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello.
I made a mistake changing the LAN protocol to PPP and now I cannot access the router. Wifi was disabled and through the LAN ports I cannot communicate with router.
I cannot get to restore the router by pressing the RESET button. Is this normal with OpenWRT firmware?
Router was flashed with 15.05.1 with default config.
HELP!!! Is there any other way to Reset config without using Serial cable?

(Last edited by kokoliso on 10 Mar 2017, 13:24)

Try recovery mode.  Boot up, during the 2 seconds or so that the "gear" LED is flashing fast press the reset button-- then it should start flashing really fast and continue to do so.  Now you can telnet to 192.168.1.1 and either run a firstboot to reset to defaults, or run mount_root then fix your configuration.

mk24 wrote:

Try recovery mode.  Boot up, during the 2 seconds or so that the "gear" LED is flashing fast press the reset button-- then it should start flashing really fast and continue to do so.  Now you can telnet to 192.168.1.1 and either run a firstboot to reset to defaults, or run mount_root then fix your configuration.

YEEESSS!!!!! It worked!!!
Thank you very very much!!! :-)

The discussion might have continued from here.