14,051 (edited by davidc502 2017-02-07 00:29:36)

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

For those who will flash the 3200acm via USB/TTL etc. - it expects the default file name to be "rango.img"   That behavior can be changed, but thought to mention it just in case.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

@davidc502
but not with "setenv firmware_name openwrt-..."

-lifehacksback

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

Hi,

I've just bought a WRT1200AC, and I've got some problem with DHCP client.

I tried to connect my router to an access point, (Wifi b/g, WEP protection). The connection seems ok, I send and receive packets, but I can't obtain an IP adress. The DHCP client doesn' seems to work, an neither a static IP.

This is really strange because I can connect to this AP with my phone and my laptop, DHCP work, and I can connect to other AP with my WRT1200AC, and DHCP works.

I've looked at syslog and DMESG, and found nothing strange.


What log file do you need to debug this problem ?

I've tried the official stable openWRT, the RC2 lede version, and the davidc502 version. I've got everytime the same result.

14,054

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

Does anyone know if the LED issue is being worked on for the ACM, as well as users still being required to use sysupgrade, as the GUI continually states images are not valid.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

@davidc502

Rango led patches are waiting for my giveaway unit to test them....

nitroshift

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

@davidc502

LED patches have been upstreamed by nitroshift, Ill work on ports to LEDE. Just use the img, scp it to /tmp then just "-F" the sysupgrade, yes this doesnt work onn gui.

-lifehacksback

14,057

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

lifehacksback wrote:

@davidc502

LED patches have been upstreamed by nitroshift, Ill work on ports to LEDE. Just use the img, scp it to /tmp then just "-F" the sysupgrade, yes this doesnt work onn gui.



Muchas gracias!

David

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

14,058

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

lifehacksback wrote:

@davidc502

LED patches have been upstreamed by nitroshift, Ill work on ports to LEDE. Just use the img, scp it to /tmp then just "-F" the sysupgrade, yes this doesnt work onn gui.

Doesn't work on gui I consider a soft-brick, does this really bother no one?

---

Btw, I spent some quality time last Sunday working on swrt, even built Gargoyle on top. As the changes could be called excessive they need some more testing before I can release them, in time for 4.10 hopefully.

On another note, chances are that mwlwifi will be on time to make it into 4.12.

Linksys WRT1900ACS v1 (Shelby)  |  Linksys WRT3200ACM (Rango)

14,059 (edited by tapper 2017-02-10 10:55:14)

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

sera wrote:
lifehacksback wrote:

@davidc502

LED patches have been upstreamed by nitroshift, Ill work on ports to LEDE. Just use the img, scp it to /tmp then just "-F" the sysupgrade, yes this doesnt work onn gui.

Doesn't work on gui I consider a soft-brick, does this really bother no one?

---

Btw, I spent some quality time last Sunday working on swrt, even built Gargoyle on top. As the changes could be called excessive they need some more testing before I can release them, in time for 4.10 hopefully.

On another note, chances are that mwlwifi will be on time to make it into 4.12.

Hi if your testing does not show up any bad bugs would you pleas share your build of Gargoyle. I love Gargoyle! For me it's the best to use as the GUI works excellent with my screen reader. I use it on all my older routers, but am held back by it being only built on stable OpenWRT. I have both the wrt3200ACM and the WRT1900AC v2 There is builds of gargoyle for them but baste on cc with kernel 3.18

14,060

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

sera wrote:
lifehacksback wrote:

@davidc502

LED patches have been upstreamed by nitroshift, Ill work on ports to LEDE. Just use the img, scp it to /tmp then just "-F" the sysupgrade, yes this doesnt work onn gui.

Doesn't work on gui I consider a soft-brick, does this really bother no one?

It's been like that for about a couple of months now, and though it doesn't bother me too much, new users are often taken by surprise when they try to flash to another build.

David's 1900ac 3200acm Snapshot Builds W/LuCi Modern - https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net

Linksys Wrt1900acx/3200acm  - Current build -  LEDE 4.4.39  Hydra (HEAD, r2607) & 10.3.2.0-20161220 Wifi Driver

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

sera wrote:

Doesn't work on gui I consider a soft-brick, does this really bother no one?

I have been flashing the ACM fine via gui.  I'm guessing it may be something I pulled from reviewing swrt patches that is the difference -- I'll post the patch I'm using some time before this weekend is over.

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

sera wrote:

Doesn't work on gui I consider a soft-brick, does this really bother no one?

It doesn't happen with clean OpenWRT code.

nitroshift

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

nitroshift wrote:
sera wrote:

Doesn't work on gui I consider a soft-brick, does this really bother no one?

It doesn't happen with clean OpenWRT code.

nitroshift

Yeah, my memory is terrible.  I had a patch at one time that fixed a sysupgrade issue but the one remaining patch I use related to sysupgrade allows a custom script to be run at some point during the process, it does NOT fix a bug.

So in other words, I am able to flash the ACM via the gui with clean code.

14,064

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

InkblotAdmirer,

so you are able to flash back to OEM firmware using the gui on the acm? From Davids description I take it LEDE prevents the installation of third party firmware by regular means unlike Linksys or OpenWrt.

---

tapper,

As for Gargoyle I had to set an initial password via serial console, after that it looked like I could be mostly working, can't say for sure as I never looked at it before. From the short stroll Gargoyles design principles make a lot more sense to me than Lucis (which reminds me of HAL). The lack for ipv6 support is quite a let down though.

Just because I built Gargoyle on top of swrt doesn't mean it has any additional features. On the contrary some of the existing ones might be broken. What are the issues you have and hope to magically be solved by replacing the base system? Maybe they aren't hard to fix at all. CC is still maintained after all.

Linksys WRT1900ACS v1 (Shelby)  |  Linksys WRT3200ACM (Rango)

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

@sera So I really missed the point on that one -- no, I have not tried to flash back to OEM so no opportunity to observe.

14,066

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

Anyone tried the latest chaos calmer commit which "fixes" the USB 2??
I've got a user on a wrt1200ac reporting no USB after this change.
http://git.openwrt.org/?p=15.05/openwrt … d03ece3373

14,067 (edited by tapper 2017-02-12 09:31:00)

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

Lantis wrote:

Anyone tried the latest chaos calmer commit which "fixes" the USB 2??
I've got a user on a wrt1200ac reporting no USB after this change.
http://git.openwrt.org/?p=15.05/openwrt … d03ece3373

I don't have the 1200 but i will test now on my 1900ac v2

Yep got a bug!
On WRT1900 AC v2 both USB ports work with:
Gargoyle Version:
1.9.X (Built 20170110-2258 git@33deb7b)
I can mount and unmount a fat 16 1 GB drive. Both ports work.

When using Gargoyle Version:
1.9.X (Built 20170209-1606 git@f1e9e21)
Onley one port is working for me it's the port that's just USB. The one that is a USB and Esata combo will not work.

14,068

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

Lantis, tapper,

I used the other dts in CC as a means of verification on got lead astray. See https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/388 for the fix. Run tested on Shelby this time. Also fixes Rango and Clearfog.

Linksys WRT1900ACS v1 (Shelby)  |  Linksys WRT3200ACM (Rango)

14,069

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

Not required to revert original commit? Thanks for your fast response.

14,070

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

Lantis,

The original commit was fine except for this missing bit. The effect of both together is it fixes Rango and Clearfog. No changes for the others.

Linksys WRT1900ACS v1 (Shelby)  |  Linksys WRT3200ACM (Rango)

14,071 (edited by kirkgbr 2017-02-17 02:57:47)

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

I have a weird situation.  I have cat5 throughout my house. 

When I plug one of the long cable runs into my router(wrt1900ac) I don't get link light and the device on the other end doesn't have connectivity at all.  However, when I plug that same cable run into a gige switch sitting just below my router I get link light on the switch and the remote device works fine. 

Now, if I plug some other device into those previously non functional router ports (much shorter distance) they work flawlessly.

Trust me, I have tried different cables and different ports on the router with same outcome.

Any ideas?

Linksys 1900ACv1
Linksys 1200ACv1

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

kirkgbr wrote:

I have a weird situation.  I have cat5 throughout my house. 

When I plug one of the long cable runs into my router(wrt1900ac) I don't get link light and the device on the other end doesn't have connectivity at all.  However, when I plug that same cable run into a gige switch sitting just below my router I get link light on the switch and the remote device works fine. 

Now, if I plug some other device into those previously non functional router ports (much shorter distance) they work flawlessly.

Trust me, I have tried different cables and different ports on the router with same outcome.

Any ideas?

Do you know if the house cabling was wired 568A\B standard? If it was the max dependable length is 300ft and that is if the wiring is done properly.

This sounds like a cable length or bad wiring pinout to me.

14,073 (edited by kirkgbr 2017-02-17 13:35:57)

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

Chadster766 wrote:
kirkgbr wrote:

I have a weird situation.  I have cat5 throughout my house. 

When I plug one of the long cable runs into my router(wrt1900ac) I don't get link light and the device on the other end doesn't have connectivity at all.  However, when I plug that same cable run into a gige switch sitting just below my router I get link light on the switch and the remote device works fine. 

Now, if I plug some other device into those previously non functional router ports (much shorter distance) they work flawlessly.

Trust me, I have tried different cables and different ports on the router with same outcome.

Any ideas?

Do you know if the house cabling was wired 568A\B standard? If it was the max dependable length is 300ft and that is if the wiring is done properly.

This sounds like a cable length or bad wiring pinout to me.

No clue on the standard used but you may be on to something.  Would that explain why the same cable run works with a port on the Linksys SE4008 but not the wrt1900ac ?

Thanks for the reply BTW.

Linksys 1900ACv1
Linksys 1200ACv1

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

kirkgbr wrote:

No clue on the standard used but you may be on to something.  Would that explain why the same cable run works with a port on the Linksys SE4008 but not the wrt1900ac ?

Thanks for the reply BTW.

Yes some devices can handle wiring issues better than others.

14,075

Re: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

Chadster766 wrote:
kirkgbr wrote:

No clue on the standard used but you may be on to something.  Would that explain why the same cable run works with a port on the Linksys SE4008 but not the wrt1900ac ?

Thanks for the reply BTW.

Yes some devices can handle wiring issues better than others.

Thanks!!

Linksys 1900ACv1
Linksys 1200ACv1