OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Image for rango

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

LEDE has pushed support for rango and as such an image for the device has been added to drop. Don't own one myself, so...

Yep, great news seen the image and keeping my finger on the button "Order" already second day in a raw.
Planing to finally exchange my WNDR3800 with WRT3200 smile (or more like one of my wndr3700 form other locations will be decommissioned) :-D

(Last edited by mmhorda on 19 Jan 2017, 00:00)

There are more fixes for this device in the works which I will test when I receive the giveaway unit and will push them upstream.

nitroshift

Now we're diggin' up the past... this is so last year. @mmhorda, just be aware that there are still issues with mwlwifi on the rango.

What issues are you seeing with the driver? I see the source and I am guessing this is a Marvell issue if there are some but I might be able to help. I have some dev knowledge coming from a FreeBSD background in making nic drivers. I should be getting a 3200ACM soon as I was one of the winners so I want to make sure I pay it back to the community.

Well, the issue to which I linked. Not much the community can do except wait for the next release of the relevant blob from @yuhhaurlin here.

Reading all of the issues I don't see any that are not resolved for the wifi driver. I would assume this is stable. I am excited to get the 3200ACM soon so I can test out the image.

https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues

As regards the rango issue118 is unresolved, forcing users to reset every so often.

Thanks for new build just flashed:
Firmware Version
OpenWrt Designated Driver 50104+swrt-2017-03-28 / LuCI Master (git-17.086.51727-8504fd6)
Kernel Version
4.11.0-rc4-next-20170328
All seems to be working fine, but i am not using wi-fi.

Try stopping/disabling any unused processes. dnscrypt comes to mind as one that may stop things, if not configured / setup

Hey guys,

So I'm the newb that's been posting results on the github. Guess I should have posted here -- still new about how all that.... dev stuff works.

But I flashed the image posted there, I don't see much of a leak. Couldn't test heavy traffic using the internet though, because I have FTTH and my ISP uses PPPoE. The PPPoE module wasn't in the image so I couldn't connect.

@farchord, Okay that explains the issue. I don't need that in my environs, so it is not in the OOTB image. The packages are built, but you will have to install. Documented in many places on how to get things, including the thread for the build from whence you came. Or you can wait for things to catch up, I assume the patch I used to get to 4.9.27 today will find it's way into master soon enough.

Villeneuve wrote:

@farchord, Okay that explains the issue. I don't need that in my environs, so it is not in the OOTB image. The packages are built, but you will have to install. Documented in many places on how to get things, including the thread for the build from whence you came. Or you can wait for things to catch up, I assume the patch I used to get to 4.9.27 today will find it's way into master soon enough.

No I understand smile

But anyway -- Before the bug, as soon as devices would connect the ram would just climb pretty fast. I connected through wifi and spammed the interface so to simulate some traffic. It stayed about the same (Went a bit up, a bit down, but it was normal.

Again -- sorry for my newbishness. I got no trouble in testing stuff, I really don't mind. Heck, I enjoy it. I just kinda lack the experience.

This morning I tried to install the ppp-mod-pppoe ipk. I downloaded the whole package repository to a local webserver (just in case). But it fails to install because of the missing pppoe kernel module which ain't in the repo.

So unfortunately I can't really test this further.

The discussion might have continued from here.